Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-08-2014, 7:30 AM Reply   
I feel like any Wake World thread involving preference turns in to a "no way mine is better than yours" thread. That is not this thread. There are no wrong answers. I was just looking at the new 23LSV that was posted and got to thinking, "what are my favorite looking wake boats?" I'm not talking about wake shape, surf shape, creature comforts, or customer service. I am talking about the boats that make you pause and the dock and say, "damn, that boat is hot." There is some flexibility in models when it comes to multiple tower changes or graphic changes, but all-in-all a boat that keeps its hull and deck configurations will mostly look the same despite what tower, trailer, or graphics it gets. Pick whatever you want.

1. The Supra Launch 24SSV

I admit, I'm partial to it because I have a 24SSV (though not this somewhat-WakeWorld famous Supra belonging to jonyb). The way the lines of the boat look are perfect. It looks great from every angle.

2. Malibu 23LSV

The tower really set this boat apart from the pack and, though I'm not a huge fan of the stainless towers they use now, it's still a great looking boat.

3. 2nd generation X-Star

It took me a while to appreciate this boat but, damn, it's a fine looking boat. I saw it on the water before I ever saw it online and just didn't know what it was. Great looking boat that has aged very well.

4. Nautique G23

What a monster, making dry storage units everywhere fear for the future. I loved the lines and the graphics from the moment I saw it but didn't know how I'd feel about it once I saw it in person. I saw it at the lake this past weekend and what a giant, beautiful boat.

5. 1st generation X-Star / X1

The towers they put on this boat in its twilight years as an X1 did little to help sales. It looked like a bit of scaffolding on top of an otherwise great looking boat. This original tower, with really great lines for the windshield, complimented this boat very well. I still want to stop and look in one of these whenever I see them at the dock.