Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       01-28-2016, 9:11 AM Reply   
Hello All,

I'm certain I know the answers I'll receive but just like to stir the pot. I'm thinking of either trading in my 2010 Sanger V210 for an '11 Axis A22 or selling outright and getting something different

. I primarily surf, the kids are still tubers with a bit of surfing being mixed in now and then. I'm hoping they'll get the cajones to try boarding, but they are still young and inexperienced.

Now I've got my Sanger pretty dialed in for surf and wake, I love how it handles but I'm limited in experience (only have been in my buddy's 15 VLX and another buddy's SAN230).

How would these two compare? I know the V210 is an all time classic (and I do love it) the freeboard has never been an issue or a concern but I do like the looks of the Axis boats ( I was set on a T22 before this deal came along).

Appreciate all input and opinions.
Old     (ChaseR720)      Join Date: Jul 2015       01-28-2016, 10:53 AM Reply   
The pre 2015 A22 weren't really known for a great surf wave. No personal experience but what I've read.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-28-2016, 11:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseR720 View Post
The pre 2015 A22 weren't really known for a great surf wave. No personal experience but what I've read.
My 2013 A20 has a pretty good wave. I bet you can get the A22 dialed in. The 2016 A22 are better and the T-series are better, though.
Old     (PotatoShack)      Join Date: Aug 2013       01-29-2016, 2:53 PM Reply   
I know they changed the platform in 2012 to help with the surf wake.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-29-2016, 4:57 PM Reply   
To me your only gaining space in that upgrade. The wakeboard wakes are going to be similar in the sense they are more than capable. The surf wake on that year A22 you won't gain you anything in the surf category compared to your Sanger. Year range they are not far enough apart to gain anything there either.

In Axis line you're really going to want T22 or 15 A22 wait too you can get your money's worth on an actual "upgrade"
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-30-2016, 1:34 PM Reply   
The 2011 and earlier A-series surf wave sucked...i owned one. Yes it surfable but the squared off platform destroyed the wave. I put a 2012 platform on my 2011 A22 and it was much better but nothing like the quality of the T22 in the same size boat range. T23 and A24 are just nice big waves.