Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-23-2017, 5:16 PM Reply   
Hey guys and gals,

I just sold my 97 Nautique SS that was basically a SAN. It had 2150 lbs of ballast and the wake was amazing.

I recently purchased a 2010 LSV and I am trying to make the wakeboard wake better.

It has the stock MLS system with two rear tanks, middle and front tank plus the power wedge.

Are there any recommendations on the IDEAL setup for wakeboarding without having ANY bags in the seats.

I can plumb my own ballast if necessary but it needs to all be hidden.

Also, I heard something about the wedge being great at "two clicks up" but it wont move while we are at wakeboard speeds. For surfing we can move it around and make a freaking huge wave but with wakeboarding it doesnt seem to move. Thanks for the help!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-23-2017, 6:27 PM Reply   
Toss 400 lbs in each tear locker and then like 200 lbs lead up in the bow/helm area. Should be your money spot but I forget how much the front tank is on that boat.

The wedge has less impact on wakeboard wake than it does the surf wake. Wedge really shapes the wake rather than gives it volume
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-23-2017, 6:43 PM Reply   
Leadwake.com
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-23-2017, 8:32 PM Reply   
I've gone from a OG san 210 to a 2010 LSV and the wakes are just different. If you are looking fro the same wake you got with your super sport you just won't get there when it comes to steepness. That being said, I love the wake on the LSV. Not as steep and poppy but a nice shape and very consistent. The wedge down helped for me. I just ran stock ballast plus people though. I didn't get around to plumbing extra sacs.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-23-2017, 11:06 PM Reply   
Strange... you don't usually ever hear of many people going from a Nauti to a Malibu. Best of luck trying to recreate that bomb.com wake. Did you ever demo it before purchase?
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-24-2017, 4:56 AM Reply   
check out themalibucrew.com
Good info from Malibu owners
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-24-2017, 5:15 AM Reply   
The OG SAN wake was great but it wasn't my favorite. I have been behind some really nice Malibu wakes but now I have one I want to recreate it. I was also very curious about the wedge and if there were any tricks to it
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-24-2017, 5:53 AM Reply   
Plumb 750s on top of the stock rear tanks. If your boat doesn't have plug-n-play, then I'm sure wakemakers probably has a piggyback kit.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       07-24-2017, 6:35 AM Reply   
pics??? congrats on the new whip
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-24-2017, 7:03 AM Reply   
Bow weight. If you want the lip on that boat you need a sack up front plus the wedge.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-24-2017, 7:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
Plumb 750s on top of the stock rear tanks. If your boat doesn't have plug-n-play, then I'm sure wakemakers probably has a piggyback kit.
Would you go that aggressive on it?

I'd be afraid of overdoing it in the back since malibus go to poo if you load the back too much while using the wedge
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-24-2017, 8:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Would you go that aggressive on it?

I'd be afraid of overdoing it in the back since malibus go to poo if you load the back too much while using the wedge
I would absolutely. The 23LSV is large enough to do 750s.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-24-2017, 8:29 AM Reply   
Definitely the wedge on that boat is needed to get the lip on the wake. You'll be happy.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-24-2017, 9:06 AM Reply   
If it prop walks (which is usually not a problem on a Malibu) or fails to get on plane, then just drain some ballast from the rear.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       07-24-2017, 9:27 AM Reply   
I ride with a buddy that has an 2007 LSV....he added GSA system. But he has full weight in rear and has a triangle sac that he places on the seats in the front. Very nice wave, lots of push...but he has to have that bow weight. Short of adding lead, dont think it able to be hidden to get enough weight up there to counter the weight in rear. Total he runs is close to 4k lbs (including weight added by wedge down)