Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       01-26-2016, 5:31 PM Reply   
I finally pulled the trigger today and ordered a new 2016 Supra SE550 today. Does anyone have any good setup suggestions for wake/surf. Any break in pointers for the 550 motor? Any advice on Owning a new boat?
Old     (Sivs1)      Join Date: Nov 2015       01-26-2016, 6:04 PM Reply   
Congrats on the SE. Make sure to join the Supra and Moomba forums.
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       01-26-2016, 6:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivs1 View Post
Congrats on the SE. Make sure to join the Supra and Moomba forums.

Thanks Yea I'm already on there this will be my 2nd supra.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-26-2016, 9:49 PM Reply   
Doesn't your owners's manual give you the break in protocol?
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-27-2016, 9:36 AM Reply   
Congrats on the SE550 ! I just ordered my 2016 SE and it should be arriving soon. I had a SE last year as well and it was great. Shoot me a PM for setup and swell setting and I'll show you what I was running last season. And let's here what options you got and some photos of that big guy !!
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       01-27-2016, 10:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Doesn't your owners's manual give you the break in protocol?

Don't have the boat yet. Just trying to get ready. I have heard no wide open throttle and things like that.
Old     (chadtaylor07)      Join Date: Sep 2015       02-04-2016, 3:22 PM Reply   
1450 Enzo's in rear, 600lb fat sac in walk way, and 600 sac in back floor/seats if you don't have passengers. Make sure you have the ACME 2775 prop so it will plane out with that weight setup. This is the same setup Parker/Cory run in pro tour.
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-04-2016, 7:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtaylor07 View Post
1450 Enzo's in rear, 600lb fat sac in walk way, and 600 sac in back floor/seats if you don't have passengers. Make sure you have the ACME 2775 prop so it will plane out with that weight setup. This is the same setup Parker/Cory run in pro tour.

wow that wake would be huge!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-04-2016, 10:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclimie View Post
Don't have the boat yet. Just trying to get ready. I have heard no wide open throttle and things like that.
That's interesting. I just broke my PCM 409 in a few weeks ago and it said to warm it up, run full throttle for one minute and then 2800-3000 rpm's for 20 mins, repeat. My logic would be to vary the rpm's more throughout the process, but I just followed the instructions.
Old     (dusty2221)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-05-2016, 4:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtaylor07 View Post
Are we talking the basic Enzo sack with the incredibly long "arm" portion? It looks the "arm* would run way up past where the cooler is on the starboard side and halfway into the main storage bench locker on the port side. Or is there a custom Enzo style sack being used? It looked to me like one could be made that is shorter, but taller and the same weight could be achieved.

For the 600 in the walkway, is it being put all the way forward into the bow, or where?

Do you know the swell plate settings the pro guys are using and speed?
Old     (chadtaylor07)      Join Date: Sep 2015       02-05-2016, 8:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
Are we talking the basic Enzo sack with the incredibly long "arm" portion? It looks the "arm* would run way up past where the cooler is on the starboard side and halfway into the main storage bench locker on the port side. Or is there a custom Enzo style sack being used? It looked to me like one could be made that is shorter, but taller and the same weight could be achieved.

For the 600 in the walkway, is it being put all the way forward into the bow, or where?

Do you know the swell plate settings the pro guys are using and speed?

Not 100% sure on the swell plate as I don't surf near as much as I wake board. I do know my surf setting are usually a 40% - 50%. If your talking about the surf settings. Wake plate is usually played with depending on the water and the rider. The Enzo's will fit in the SE no problem, but will definitely take up some of your storage space, aka the cooler. The 600 in the walkway is up front to help plane.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-06-2016, 1:45 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new boat, you will love it. Put about 3-5 hours on the motor while varying RPMs and then run it as you want. Believe me the motor has already been run pretty hard before you ever see it.
Old     (sonicmax)      Join Date: Jan 2016       02-06-2016, 2:50 PM Reply   
Just traded for a new SG450 last week myself. It is a '15 left over, but got a great deal on it.
It's still at dealership being prepped. Summer can't get here fast enough now!!!
Attached Images

Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-06-2016, 3:19 PM Reply   
Supra has stepped it's game up big time. Went to the Houston boat show and this is the first year I have no desire to buy a new boat after picking up an SA400 last year. Sweet boats guys. Enjoy
Old     (sonicmax)      Join Date: Jan 2016       02-06-2016, 4:10 PM Reply   
We crawled over every boat manufacturer at the nashvile boat show. Really like the centurion we had and was set on getting another. Just couldn't get over the supra though. Then we got to looking at prices and realized how many more options were on the supra models. This is our second supra. Had an '87 ts6m from 93/98, was my first boat. They have came a long way from there.
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-07-2016, 9:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicmax View Post
Just traded for a new SG450 last week myself. It is a '15 left over, but got a great deal on it.
It's still at dealership being prepped. Summer can't get here fast enough now!!!
great looking boat
Old    BamaMojo            02-16-2016, 5:39 AM Reply   
I would have bought an SG if I could have made the $$ work. Congrats on one of the best boats made!
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       02-16-2016, 5:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaMojo View Post
I would have bought an SG if I could have made the $$ work. Congrats on one of the best boats made!
Thanks, I can't wait to get it.
Old     (devintatro)      Join Date: Nov 2010       03-14-2016, 12:06 PM Reply   
Congrats on the SE! Your going to love it! One of my favorite wakes by far.
Old     (Mgigs7)      Join Date: Mar 2016       03-14-2016, 3:46 PM Reply   
Anyone surf the 15's vs the 16's ? I know the tabs changed just curious set ups, extra weight and how the wave looks plus does it have good push. Thx!
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       03-14-2016, 4:52 PM Reply   
They spray it this week and hopefully I will have it around the 1st week of april.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-14-2016, 5:31 PM Reply   
Right on... Mine is rolling through the Skiers Choice factory getting built right now. Can't wait till it finds it's way to Utah!
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       03-23-2016, 5:30 PM Reply   
Here is what my dealer sent me today, said boat would be done by tuesday!! I am beyond excited!!

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  79.0 KB
Old     (Connolly_Crew)      Join Date: Mar 2016       03-24-2016, 5:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgigs7 View Post
Anyone surf the 15's vs the 16's ? I know the tabs changed just curious set ups, extra weight and how the wave looks plus does it have good push. Thx!

The tabs cleaned up the lip and final shape of the surf wake. It is really nice in 16! Congrats
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-24-2016, 5:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclimie View Post
Here is what my dealer sent me today, said boat would be done by tuesday!! I am beyond excited!!

Attachment 40610
Looks awesome, love the colors!