Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-29-2018, 4:13 PM Reply   
Hey guys thinking about a family trip down there in August. We have a distant friends that own this place. What can you tell me about the lake?
https://vacationsonthewater.com/hurr...c=10&ch=&pets=
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-30-2018, 7:46 AM Reply   
Can’t wait for June to find out! TMC doing a big lake fest . Seems like they have some nice resorts on water , good fuel , and pretty water . Mooring my boat 1st time albeit under dock roof for 7 or 8 nights at Hickory Star staying in a cabin.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-30-2018, 10:45 AM Reply   
norris is the best, although no longer a secret. Weekdays are great. Weekends can get crowded. water is super clean.. plenty of marinas for gas and food.
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       03-30-2018, 10:47 AM Reply   
We go to Norris regularly. Bubba Brews is a good place for food and drink. Hickory Star has food as well. Hickory Star is near the main/wide part of the lake so if its breezy it can get a little rough. You should have some good water between Hickory Star and Bubba Brews. I suspect if you can head east from Bubba Brews there is some quiet water there. I have never been that far. My home base is at the other end of the lake- north at Deerfield.

If you head north towards Stardust you will pass an area where people gather and theres a rope swing. Stardust has good food, gas etc

Last edited by MystiikVLX; 03-30-2018 at 10:50 AM. Reason: forget somehting
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       03-30-2018, 10:52 AM Reply   
Agree with Brendan. The water is great although I can only compare to muddy lakes of Ohio.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-30-2018, 11:23 AM Reply   
steve check out Norris wakesurfers on facebook.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       03-31-2018, 5:27 PM Reply   
Yep, Looking forward to the June Lake Norris trip with TMC, spent all day today getting boat shiny and ready for summer. Did some wet sanding and used cutting compound on entire hull today to get rid of water marks and some light oxidation. 7hrs of hard ass work and I am sore as hell, but pumped about how great its already looking. Once I polish and wax...gonna look brand new! These black hulls look awesome when shiny but hard to keep up with unless you stay on top of it constantly
Attached Images

Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-31-2018, 5:34 PM Reply   
Who is tmc?
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       03-31-2018, 9:38 PM Reply   
The Malibu crew website
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-01-2018, 7:17 AM Reply   
Aahhh gotcha. Nice!
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       04-03-2018, 5:22 AM Reply   
Norris is an exceptional place to ride. (If anyone knows, it's Brendan for sure!)

If you are going with a serious riding crew, I recommend renting a houseboat. Keeps you on the water, quick and easy to get on the boat and load/unload gear. With a family a house is ideal. It can just be a bit of a decent to the water or climb when heading back to the house. Also check out WakeDreams, puts you really close to the Tiki Bar, G-Rides, jumping bridge, Shanghai and many other restaurants/gas stations!
https://www.wakedreamsnorrislake.com/
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       04-03-2018, 6:43 PM Reply   
Very nice, if you had a big enough and familiar crew, 3 boat families and most of their friends could fit, but looks like you’d need that many to afford it. If we make this trek annual, I will try to organize a crew
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-04-2018, 6:08 AM Reply   
You can rent 2 bedroom condos to 12 bed room houses down there. All kinds of places for all budgets.