Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (boatinal)      Join Date: Dec 2015       04-07-2016, 4:31 AM Reply   
I am going to install a Faria 12851 Depth Sounder in my Sanger V210. The depth sounder display is for a 2 1/16" gauge hole. The gauge hole I have available is 3".

What are the options for putting a smaller gauge in a 3" gauge hole? I searched around and can't find anything but solutions must exist for this.

Thanks!
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-07-2016, 5:01 AM Reply   
What year is your V210? When I had my 2005 V215, it came with covers for the 3 inch holes. I cut out one of the covers for my depth gauge. I may have one more of the covers still, I'll have to look.
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-07-2016, 5:10 AM Reply   

Here's a pic showing the covers over the 3 inch holes.
Old     (boatinal)      Join Date: Dec 2015       04-07-2016, 5:31 AM Reply   
Thanks. I have a 2006 with the same dash as yours. I have the hole cover for the 3" hole. Did you use a hole cutter to cut the cover? Did you have the blade in normal or reverse rotation (I know you go reverse rotation for vinyl siding). I was hoping there is a more elegant solution for this but I'll cut the cover if I have to.
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-07-2016, 6:15 AM Reply   
Yes, I used a hole saw in reverse to cut the hole. Those covers are the best solution IMO.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-07-2016, 7:22 AM Reply   
Heres a picture of how mine looks on my V215. I think this was from the factory. Appears to be a hole in the middle of the 3" blank off panel

Old     (boatinal)      Join Date: Dec 2015       04-24-2016, 1:57 PM Reply   
Thanks for the suggestions to cut the hole. I did just that and it turned out perfect.