Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jps120)      Join Date: Oct 2012       06-27-2015, 10:39 AM Reply   
I was looking at getting the exile bumper balls. Right now I have two regular bumpers but they don't provide enough distance between boats and they tend to ride up. For those that use these are two enough or do you still use the term regular bumpers with them? Are they a pain to blow up?
Old     (jdiaz78)      Join Date: Sep 2014       06-27-2015, 12:03 PM Reply   
They work great, but I just keep them blown up to save time. You don't need to use other bumpers.
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       06-27-2015, 12:48 PM Reply   
Can be blown up by mouth, take about a minute each. I am getting something to temporarily tie them together and hang them on the tower when not in use. Not sure what the fill port is called, but it is not valved.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       06-29-2015, 8:48 AM Reply   
I use 3 bouy balls on a side. I have a loop of nylon webbing with a plastic buckle so that I can clip them around a tower leg or on a cleat. When not in use, I'll either throw them in the locker or I'll actually clip them to the side of the tower and "let my balls hang".

Or on my last boat, looking like DeadMau5:

They are the best and I don't even bother using the regular fenders anymore. they work really good in tieups too.

It's pretty easy to inflate/deflate them using the 12v coleman air pump that I would use to inflate a tube.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-29-2015, 9:18 AM Reply   
These bumpers are a no brainer. As others have said they are easy and protect your boat much better. I think the best reason is they do not scuff your colored gel coat like normal bumpers do either. We have used them for years and would not use anything else. You can blow up by mouth, with a small hand pump or if you want to get them big you can use an air compressor, but not necessary.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-29-2015, 10:10 AM Reply   
Is there any big difference between the EXile (boat ones) vs. something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Hedstrom-55-14...cy+ball+handle
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-29-2015, 10:15 AM Reply   
nick there is a group buy over on the Bucrew right now for boatballz
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-29-2015, 10:39 AM Reply   
This thread just made me realize I don't have any, but wouldn't mind some for this weekend... figured if its all the same, might as well just grab two from walmart to get me through any weekend chaos that maybe present.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-29-2015, 10:41 AM Reply   
Nick, NO difference. I bought some internet toy bouncy balls for similar price 5-6 years ago to match the color of my boat (yellow). They still work great.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       06-29-2015, 1:04 PM Reply   
10 breaths to blow one up.

Exile is also sponsoring our Wake the World event in KC, good peeps.

I think Exile said theirs are thicker material than the average bounce ball.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       06-29-2015, 1:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by augie_09 View Post

I think Exile said theirs are thicker material than the average bounce ball.
This is my understanding as well. I've heard of people popping the hippity hops, but not the exile ones. They take some abuse, I can attest to that.

Plus, I get to ask people to hand me "my big black balls". Or I get to tell people that I'm hanging my balls from the tower. And so on. Yes, I'm easily amused.
Old     (jps120)      Join Date: Oct 2012       06-29-2015, 2:21 PM Reply   
i ordered 2 and they were $20 each. i thought that wasnt bad plus that is cheaper than normal bumpers at the dealer or west marine. Trayson i like the idea of the nylon strap with a buckle. makes connecting and adjusting them easy. Ropes seem to confuse my wife.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       06-29-2015, 2:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps120 View Post
i ordered 2 and they were $20 each. i thought that wasnt bad plus that is cheaper than normal bumpers at the dealer or west marine. Trayson i like the idea of the nylon strap with a buckle. makes connecting and adjusting them easy. Ropes seem to confuse my wife.
Works great. just don't leave them connected when you motor on to the trailer (snapped a couple buckles that way). Also, mine as just loops of webbing with buckles and some people don't grasp that they aren't attached to the bouy ball loops so I've had balls go floating in the river as they grapped the strap, unbuckled, and expected the ball to come with...

But overall it works great. and with the nylon webbing straps and buckles, I can adjust it down to a small diameter to 'strap my balls on the tower'.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       06-29-2015, 3:48 PM Reply   
Tim's balls are awesome!!!. Lol. I bought 2 and then had 2 more show up in a swag package Exile sent with some stereo gear I bought. They are so much better than regular bumpers. Our kids like to use them as hippity hops on the dock too. Definitely a thicker mil or two on the Exiles. They are brilliant, surprised more don't have them, must be locked down in a patent.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-29-2015, 4:47 PM Reply   
Our balls are pretty straight forward and a little more robust than others floating around out there. The Exile balls won't scuff your gel coat. period. And they blow up to 18".

You can have your girl blow them up...

Or use a 12V pump. Takes about 10 secs. Either way, they will protect your boat at the next tie up. Two will do the trick. 3 will protect your forks. I usually just jam one in to be safe.

David Williams had a cool video of his kids using them for a gang fight.. That was pretty cool too.

-Brian
Old     (milehigh)      Join Date: Apr 2015       06-30-2015, 5:36 PM Reply   
Love my big black balls! Lol I keep two inflated in my locker and have 2 more that can be blown up in a matter of seconds for a tie up.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       07-01-2015, 9:55 AM Reply   
My apologies Brian. I mistakenly said Tim when referencing your balls. I shouldn't post hung over...
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-02-2015, 7:29 AM Reply   
@Darrin - no worries!

Speaking of hung over, be carefu out there this 4th of July. Lots of crazy boaters on the water tied up with bumper balls. haha!
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-02-2015, 7:54 AM Reply   
I'm going to get me some...
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       07-02-2015, 8:56 AM Reply   
Agreed. I keep 3 bouy balls inflated and keep ANOTHER 3 deflated in my boat for tieups. Having 3 on each side for a tieup is a lot of piece of mind.

Watch for Exile sales, group buys, etc. I won a few last year at a raffle!