Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-12-2015, 7:23 PM Reply   
So I decided that I'm going without a head unit in my F22. I pulled out the stock clarion m502 head unit and put an Exile ZLD MKII in its place.

Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to power on the ZLD and 4 amplifiers. I have an unused toggle switch that is like to use but I'm a little unsure about the best way to do it. I'm thinking I might need to use a relay to help accomplish this.

Can anyone shed some light on the best way to get this wired up?
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       04-13-2015, 8:39 AM Reply   
Your post is a bit unclear with what you mean "powering up", but if you mean the remote turn on signal for the ZLD and amps then the toggle switch should work well. The remote turn-on signal is a minimal current draw and that switch most likely can handle at least 10 amps of current. It will just carry 12VDC to the remote turn-on for each device. Just get your 12VDC from the same source as the amps/ZLD to keep ground loo issues to a minimum. The B+ and B- for the ZLD you should be able to reuse from the HU wiring.

Now if you mean the main power for amps and ZLD then a toggle switch isn't your answer.
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-13-2015, 9:58 AM Reply   
Sorry for not being clear. But yes, I was referring to the "remote turn on" for the ZLD and amps. Wasn't sure if I needed a relay to avoid any turn-on pops. You answered what I needed to know, thanks.