Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (gator808)      Join Date: Jun 2014       02-07-2015, 2:42 PM Reply   
Out of these three boats....I want opinions from those who have ridden them. I am leaning towards a 23ft. boat and I want the best surf wave. I have it down to these three.....Please give me your opinion on which one you choose and why.....

From what I can tell the axis and malibus waves look great but I don't see much of a lip. Also when watching videos I never see people get any air. Just 360's. I am assuming because the lack of the lip. The centurion has a lip and a big wave. Malibu is a little more luxurious but if my assumptions are correct I rather go with centurion. The Axis T23 is probably very similar to the malibu 23lsv but I can same some coin there if that is the case. This is a tough decisions. Just want to hear what others have to say and please keep it more to the surfing aspect of this topic. Thanks
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-07-2015, 3:09 PM Reply   
Centurion for the better wave in your selection
Old     (chriscno)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-07-2015, 3:25 PM Reply   
I have a 2014 Malibu LSV and love the surf wake. With the stock ballast and four people on the boat it puts out one killer surf wake. It is a good all around boat. You can adjust the length and heigh of the surf wake in seconds. However, you are correct on the surf wake not having a true lip. If you have a full boat then the Malibu will give you the full lip you are probably looking for.

If you want a more advanced surf wake the Centurion is probably the best boat for you.
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       02-08-2015, 4:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscno View Post
I have a 2014 Malibu LSV and love the surf wake. With the stock ballast and four people on the boat it puts out one killer surf wake. It is a good all around boat. You can adjust the length and heigh of the surf wake in seconds. However, you are correct on the surf wake not having a true lip. If you have a full boat then the Malibu will give you the full lip you are probably looking for.

If you want a more advanced surf wake the Centurion is probably the best boat for you.

Correct the Malibu can make a great wake! It does require a lot more weight. getting air is a factor of the rider though not really the wake. Although a better wake makes thing s much better/easier to do!
If you want thug best Surf wake out of the box! Get behind an Enzo. Better yet, surf behind them and make a decision for your self!
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       02-08-2015, 6:06 AM Reply   
I went to polar bear and rode a FS33 and Axis T22.

The T22 threw a very nice roller in behind the boat. Was fun but not a wave you can really air off of...

The FS33 had am AMAZING wave! Not quite as sharp as a Tige wave but was very very fun to ride!! It was long and had a great shape! The adjustability via CATS made the wave really fun.

We only had the stock ramfill tanks, plug and play system (extra 400lbs) and 6 people in the boat. It was a mackin wave!!! Check out Wake9 footage to see the wave!

The axis had 6000 lbs of ballast and 6 people..It had a hard time getting on plane...
Old     (gator808)      Join Date: Jun 2014       02-08-2015, 3:19 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, It seems my assumptions were correct. I hope to demo these boats soon. Thanks for the help.
Old     (TRobb)      Join Date: Jan 2015       02-08-2015, 6:35 PM Reply   
Add G23, X30 and X23, CC 230 to this list as well.
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-10-2015, 6:10 AM Reply   
Come down to Florida and visit Transition Watersports to test the FS33. You will find it surfs great out of the box. I had the opportunity to see it in person last weekend at the Phase 5 Photoshoot.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-10-2015, 9:17 AM Reply   
If you've ever seen any of Marco Thompson's vids on Facebook of his T22 in Mission Bay (San Diego) he's clearly getting a nice wave out of the boat, and his regular side wave looks really good for a surfgate boat which typically favors the goofy side.

Sounds to me like the guys at the polar bear just went with the "more is always better" weighting approach and showed why more isn't always better.
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       02-10-2015, 9:50 AM Reply   
This isnt the T23, but the Axis T22 can easily hold its own when comparing wakesurf waves. I would not base your opinion of the T22/T23 off of the pink T22 that was WAY overweighted at Poler Bear.

Dennis Meyers/ Liquid Trends Northbay bought a 2014 T22 and now has a 2015 T22 and we have that wave dialed with nothing but praise from a lot of different riders.

900lbs - Stock hard tanks
2450lbs - PnP - Sumo 900lbs in the rear lockers (1800lbs) and a Sumo 650 inthe bow
800lbs of people weight
Wedge deployed with surfgate
11.5-12mph depending on the rider preference.

Starboard -

Port -

Our shop wakesurfer Chris Wolter

http://videos-e-8.ak.instagram.com/h...83898375_n.mp4
Old     (gator808)      Join Date: Jun 2014       02-10-2015, 1:41 PM Reply   
wow scuba....looking at those pics makes me second guess the rounded lip theory. Thats still a lot of weight. The bag in the bow is that underneath the seats or on top?
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       02-10-2015, 2:22 PM Reply   
yea, these things have a really rounded lip

3350 is really not that much weight in just water.. I think the wedge is another 1000lbs of downforce? so 4350 lbs if you choose to drop it down for a steeper lip.

Tige Z3 with the new Surf XL ballast is 3500lbs stock.

The Supra SC 350 at the last Polar Bear event ran 4000lbs of ballast....3400 lbs of water and 600lbs of lead, 60/40 back/front.

I'm sure I can find more examples, and you dont have to run the Sumo 900 bags in the rears, you can have the Sumo 600s as well.

Last edited by scuba_steve; 02-10-2015 at 2:24 PM. Reason: picture
Old     (JayManAR)      Join Date: Dec 2012       02-11-2015, 12:17 PM Reply   
T22 wakesurf wave from the Axis forum's Instagram page:
Attached Images

Last edited by JayManAR; 02-11-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       02-11-2015, 1:00 PM Reply   
Jay, that is actually the same 2014 T22 wave that I posted pictures of. They bought that boat last year from Liquid Trends Northbay.

Another shot of the same wave from a different day also on the @AxisWakeBoardBoats instagram account.
Old     (stingreye)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-11-2015, 6:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
If you've ever seen any of Marco Thompson's vids on Facebook of his T22 in Mission Bay (San Diego) he's clearly getting a nice wave out of the boat, and his regular side wave looks really good for a surfgate boat which typically favors the goofy side.

Sounds to me like the guys at the polar bear just went with the "more is always better" weighting approach and showed why more isn't always better.

I was actually thinking that there was a good lip on the video Marco posted of Austin's ridiculously cool big spin.

His Enzo was dialed and was the best port waves I have seen in person so I bet he has that t22 setup to produce a similar wave.