Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-16-2016, 2:08 PM Reply   
FINALLY going to go ride the Delta in California, been wanting to do this for 9 years now, I am so pumped. This summer we are looking at staying in a house/condo on the water. Looking online at websites like VRBO and Home Away, we are finding a few different areas, but I am not familiar with the Delta at all.

What we want to do is stay on a house on the water with its own dock sometime in August. We need at least 2 bedroom and 2 bath that we can rent out from Monday to Friday. We will be wakeboarding 80% of the time and wake surfing 20%. We also want to go cruise around and explore whatever there is to see on the water. Finally we want to try to go to lunch and/or dinner on the water, if that is even possible.

If you can point me to some areas where we should look for a rental house, I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-16-2016, 2:46 PM Reply   
Discovery Bay is where you want to look.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-16-2016, 3:01 PM Reply   
OK, I've tried to edit my post twice with restaurant and riding rec's but after writing 2 full paragraphs it didn't allow me to save and I've lost everything I've written. If you want more info PM me and I'll be happy to message you with more info if you find a place to stay out there.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-17-2016, 9:40 AM Reply   
Was just out there last Thursday. It's amazing how the recent sub freezing temps have killed off the hyacinth unlike last year. That stuff was totally out of control this year.
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-17-2016, 10:52 AM Reply   
stay in disco. you can get lunch dinner at the disco bay marina and or orwood which would be closest. You can also head to garlic bros in stockton which is awesome and about a 45 minute ride from disco!
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-17-2016, 11:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Was just out there last Thursday. It's amazing how the recent sub freezing temps have killed off the hyacinth unlike last year. That stuff was totally out of control this year.
I took this from Whiskey Slough Marina launch ramp in November. I've never seen it this bad. I was thinking there's no way they are going to have this cleared out by the time the season rolls around since its a dead end slough.
Attached Images

Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-17-2016, 12:51 PM Reply   
Hey, I remember you from the Axis forums (I had an A20). We have a G23 now out of Orwood right next to Discovery Bay, PM and we can chat and meet up to ride and show you around!
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-17-2016, 1:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalbordr View Post
I took this from Whiskey Slough Marina launch ramp in November. I've never seen it this bad. I was thinking there's no way they are going to have this cleared out by the time the season rolls around since its a dead end slough.
Wow. I use to camp out there 5-6 years ago and it was a problem but not that bad! Holy crap.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-17-2016, 4:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleAxis View Post
Hey, I remember you from the Axis forums (I had an A20). We have a G23 now out of Orwood right next to Discovery Bay, PM and we can chat and meet up to ride and show you around!
There's an Axis Forum? Is that on Wakeworld or separate website? Do you have a link?
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-17-2016, 8:47 PM Reply   
http://www.axiswakeboardboats.com

there is also and "axis" forum at TheMalibuCrew forum as well.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-18-2016, 4:28 PM Reply   
Jason - What are you doing in my Slough . That's my home. Been riding there for one 2 decades and store my boat there. it will be cleared out by than and I have seen it worse. If we get a bunk of freezing temps, it will make all the difference in the world. than throw in more water flow and it will help to keep it going by our slough.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-19-2016, 2:04 PM Reply   
I asked for some help in a thread this past summer and received some great information. It may be worth taking a look.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...ight=Discovery