Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-21-2011, 5:25 AM Reply   
Who are you guys rooting for this season? It's exciting to see Stewart back.

I think I'm going to go to the Houston event...I'm a huge fan of SX, but have never been to a race.
Old     (dizzlestoy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-21-2011, 5:58 AM Reply   
jeremy mcgrath
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-21-2011, 5:59 AM Reply   
if you havent been and your a fan GO GO GO GO its the best thing in the world been to Toronto SX every year for 6 years now hoping to get to vegas to see the AMA championships
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-21-2011, 6:02 AM Reply   
we all know its going to be Stewart but i would love to see Reed win but im rooting for Green Villopoto
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-22-2011, 9:23 AM Reply   
Both races have been good so far. Its cool seeing the field stacked. I was bummed last year watching everyone get hurt. Nothing against Dungey, as he is champion, but both he and Reed win championships when the other top riders are injured. Thats gotta suck wining like that.
I am looking forward to next weekend in Oakland. Bringing the youngest to her first Supercross. I just hope once the race starts everyone in front sits the F@#k down though so we don't have to stand the whole race. That sucks, especially for the little ones. I get the excitement waiting for the gate to drop, but dang, sit down after the holeshot!
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-22-2011, 9:26 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, I agree with Dale, MC will always be the man in supercross!
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-23-2011, 10:10 AM Reply   
Just watched the best race I have seen in a long time. I Was pulling for Dungey but, I am happy for Villopoto. I am not a big Stewart fan but, I have got to give him credit. They put on a great show. Dungey needs to work on his speed through the whoops. Its looking to be an exciting season.
Rich, I have to admit, I was on my feet through the whole race in my livingroom.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-23-2011, 10:17 AM Reply   
Sit Down! Even at home. I can't see through you. LOL Yeah that was a great race. I hope they all stay healthy and we see a lot more like that.
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-23-2011, 10:40 AM Reply   
Well, at least you wont have to worry about me being in your way next week. I wont be there. I will be working for Brandon so that he can go. I will tell him to sit down. Don't know if you know him but, Bg would be a little difficult to see through LOL.
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-23-2011, 11:09 AM Reply   
Great race last night. If the rest of the season is anything like this I will be so pumped! On the down side, I do hope that they never go back to dodger stadium again. Out of all the venues I've been to, that was the worst. I'm not a complainer but there were so many empty seats that it was ridiculous. Maybe because of the outrageous prices all the brokers were charging. The acoustics didn't work well, the sound of the bikes completely drowned out the announcer.

The championship should be an amazing feat with the stacked lineup.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-24-2011, 8:30 PM Reply   
that was the best race in a while. glad all the top runners are healthy and ready to bring it. this season is going to be a battle. come on number 7. the lites are where its at right now. so many battles. i cant wait for saturday!!! see you all in the big oak town.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       01-25-2011, 6:28 AM Reply   
I was out of town, and forgot to record the race... Now I'm waiting for the re-run .
Old    alanp            01-25-2011, 7:06 AM Reply   
just watched the race last night. really good. i wish stewart wouldve stayed upright so villapoto and he couldve battled a little more. reed isnt much of a factor. i dunno if its bc of his bike or all the distractions of running his team
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-25-2011, 7:56 AM Reply   
The lites are where it's at right now? Really? I must be watching a different 450 class.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-25-2011, 10:29 AM Reply   
Stewart's my guy. I love the way he rides. All or nothing. He's either winning or crashing. It's exciting to watch.

Oaktown this weekend. Can't wait to see it live.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-26-2011, 8:45 PM Reply   
"The lites are where it's at right now? Really? I must be watching a different 450 class. "
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-28-2011, 7:56 AM Reply   
Predictions for Oak-Alameda City???

Villiopoto
Old     (WRider)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-28-2011, 11:13 AM Reply   
I want Villiopoto to win this one but I think Stewarts pissed about last week and is going to take this one.

Whos going to be in Oakland watching it live this weekend??
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-28-2011, 5:27 PM Reply   
I think a lot of us will be there this weekend, myself included. The Dodger stadium track seemed small and super tight. Stewart didn't have a chance to catch Villopoto there especially with lappers out. I hope this track will be more open. If so we'll see Stewarts speed. With that said Villopoto is the man to beat!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-29-2011, 2:54 PM Reply   
THE GREATEST SUPERCROSS INTERVIEW OF ALL TIME!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkNgX...feature=relmfu
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-31-2011, 5:11 AM Reply   
What a great race last night! I was rooting for Dungey. That had to ding his confidence when Stewart washed out and managed to pass him again. I'm glad Canard was ok after that spill he took. I don't know why, but I'm not a fan of Reed, and was pleased that he wasn't on the podium
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-31-2011, 6:38 PM Reply   
" I don't know why, but I'm not a fan of Reed, and was pleased that he wasn't on the podium "

what race are you talking about? reed took second at oaktown this weekend.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2011, 5:21 AM Reply   
I EFFIN HATE SPEED CHANNEL!!!

They owe me an appology for making me look dumb on WW. This was the first race I saw, and I thought it was in Oaktown which is why I was confused when it was in LA. So I obviously watched a re-run. Additionally speed channel listed the lites from 4-5 and 450's 5-6, it was visa versa!

So what happened at Oaktown?
Old     (joecs)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-01-2011, 8:12 AM Reply   
Bubba ran away with it. Poto fell twice, finshed 4th. Reed was second passing Dungy on the last turn of the last lap. Track started out okay then it started raining. The battle for 2nd - 4th was really good most of the night!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2011, 8:14 AM Reply   
New to watching this year. I just don't get how people can't see that Bubba is far and away the most talented rider out there? I could care less about any off track antics, to me the guy is simply amazing. He reminds me of Rossi in Moto GP.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2011, 9:15 AM Reply   
Yeah, Bubba is kind of in a league of his own. I wonder how he would do against Carmichael if he was still racing.

Maybe we'd see more of insane crashes like these @ 2:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIepTedCAdw
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-02-2011, 6:10 AM Reply   
Ben,

Wonder if anyone heard the reference of a hound hunting a coon in that little clip????

Would be awesome to watch those two go at it every weekend. Up here in Seattle if you're not a Villopoto fan you're a traitor.
Old    alanp            02-02-2011, 6:26 AM Reply   
cliff there aren't really any off track antics with bubba. check out his show "bubbas world". he hardly ever drinks and is pretty much a home body. when he was younger he would ride all out and crash alot and it was common for his riding to take other riders out with him and i think that has turned some ppl off.
ben--he and ricky raced against each other that last couple years of ricky's career. as long james could keep the bike on 2 wheels he would beat ricky. but again to do so he was probably riding beyond his limit and a little out of control.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       02-03-2011, 10:16 AM Reply   
Anyone playing Fantasy Supercross on promotofan.com?
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-05-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
Blake, I am. So far I'm still ahead of you. lol . I have the winning picks tonight my friend.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       02-06-2011, 3:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr82 View Post
Blake, I am. So far I'm still ahead of you. lol . I have the winning picks tonight my friend.
Care to rephrase that statement now that I popped a 20 point lead on you?
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       02-08-2011, 9:58 AM Reply   
Check out this quad that Bubba Stewart hits...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHKNaQSRCS0
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-27-2011, 8:57 AM Reply   
Great race last night. Very exciting!!! Reed and Stewart let their rivalry get in the way of smart racing. Villopoto had it right when he said " it's not just about riding the fastest, but the smartest"

Last edited by bg__dereks_mom; 02-27-2011 at 9:00 AM. Reason: spelling
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       02-27-2011, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Reed and Stewart let their rivalry get in the way of smart racing. Villopoto had it right when he said " it's not just about riding the fastest, but the smartest"
I think you meant to aim that at Reed, not both Reed and Stewart... Right? IMO, Stewart won that race and Reed is a d-bag.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-27-2011, 11:26 AM Reply   
That was one hell of a race. Who woulda thought Villo would get a gift like that.
Old    alanp            02-27-2011, 12:01 PM Reply   
good race. id love to choke slam reed into footpeg. dude had no chance of making that turn and should get fined my the ama. only possible outcome from the line he took into that turn was taking stewart out.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-27-2011, 1:01 PM Reply   
"i'd love to choke slam reed into footpeg"
I couldn't agree more, Stewart had him so many times throughout the race on borderline passes and didn't and was patient for a clean one and got it, Reed took him out with no attempt to even pass right there, it was a T bone after the turn. Reed is the biggest doucher on the track these days. Glad to see poto get a win and Dungey keeps bringing up the rear where he will stay all season. Stewart slipped up a few times though, but I think playing nice with the Aussie is over, he has to get mean. He has poto and dungey in the bag if he doesn't get sabotaged. Probably the most exciting SX I have ever seen though.....it's been an awesome season so far, for once not just one or two standouts, solid competition from the top 5 overall.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-27-2011, 1:47 PM Reply   
Racing is Racing... Stop Itching about it..... That being said... Reed Tried to Square Stewy up a few corners before... Missed it... Tried again... And got tangled up.... Stewart will get him back.... If you follow it they have always had rival problems.... Just like when Poto and Larance where in the lites class.... But Yes.... Reed Could have done it differnetly but choosed not to... Or we never no what the pit board says so the mechanics,or team coulda said Dirty Last laps....

Just my $.02
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-27-2011, 3:31 PM Reply   
heres my take... (for the record i'm not even a reed fan) stewart knew reed was back there, these guys arent newbs and they have recieved many block passes and given many block passes. Stewart was ingnorant by going to the outside in that corner, even if the inside was slower atleast he woulda came out of it clean. At that level of racing, it is expected that your gonna get parked if you give the rider behind you the opportunity to take the inside, ya sure that one was a little blatant... regardless stewart shoulda known it was coming if he let reed have the inside.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       02-27-2011, 4:01 PM Reply   
Not a fan of Reed or Stewart, but that was not that dirty! Thats a old school supercross pass. Give the rider the choice back off, or hit me. If JS7 was smart he would have squared it up and went low off the corner. Reed goes high and late in the corner and has no drive for the whoops, JS7 wins. If Stewart would have been lookin forward It would have never happend. He would have had to check up, and its a clean pass. CR22 didn't hit JS7, JS7 hit CR22. Thats just a supercross pass. It happens every weekend, and has happend every year. If you are a JS7 fan you are mad at Reed. If you are a Reed fan, you are mad at JS7. You see what you want. As someone thats not a fan of either, and a fan of Supercross for 20+ years, its part of the sport. To tell you the truth, the stewart pass was way worse, slaming someone it to a lapper (who just so happens to be your Team member, who just so happens to stay in the race line in the corner that just so happens to be after the pit boards)

Blake,
It was a good race, but in no way did JS7 have it won, if it was not for Blose JS7 would have not even been close.
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-27-2011, 8:02 PM Reply   
I'm with Scott on this one. Reed had absolutely no line when trying to make that "pass". If you look at the point of contact you are essentially talking a t-bone. Kind of reminds me of Vegas 09 when Reed had every chance to pass Stewart but didn't and instead chose to pick a point to try and take him out. Not beat him but literally try to take him out. There's a difference between "rubbin is racing" and just taking another rider out. If that were the case the teams would just send out the other factory riders to just take out the competition.

I don't remember seeing Stewart slamming Reed into Regal either. Regal went high and Reed went high with him. Stewart took advantage of Reed going high. If you look at the pass Stewart didn't run him off the track or put his bike sideways in front of him. That is bar to bar racing. There is nothing wrong with racing like that or racing like Barcia and Wilson in the lites. People always try to act like there's no line between racing and just being reckless but there is. For the record J-Law wasn't the cleanest racer either. There's a difference between aggressive and reckless. Putting yourself in a position where another rider can t-bone you crosses that line.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       02-27-2011, 8:37 PM Reply   
Reed could have slamed him but he didn't, JS7 should have been lookin ahead and backed off, but he wasn't and ran right in to the side of Reed. In the 250 2 stoke days that was a every weekend pass. Was it a smart move?? No, could JS7 have used it to his advantage yes. He had to know it was comin and didn't even try to close off the inside, or square it up and get the drive off the corner. I watched windtunnel tonight and they showed a clip of JS7 trying to put the same pass on AS74 a few weeks ago but Stroupe was to far ahead, so bubba missed and almost when of the track. If the roles where switched and JS7 did that to Reed all the bubba fans would still be mad at Reed for not backin off. Im a fan of Regal, the kid rips, but he should have pulled over and let them by. He was ridin all by himself and there was no gain for him to go in the main race line in that corner, other than to take it away from CR22. We all know SMY has a history of usin there slower riders to help bubba when gettin lapped.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-28-2011, 7:25 AM Reply   
I agree on that one, if every lap you move over or slow down for the front runners then the last lap you play like you are back in it somethings up, this isn't NASCAR. Just goes back to commom courtesy, I heard Stewart was talking about having to dirty it up a little is AMA isn't going to say anything about the Reed pass attempt on wind tunnel. Either way it's great competition, better than the old days where by Lap4 the leader was 30 seconds ahead and it made the race almost boring to watch.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       02-28-2011, 10:49 AM Reply   
Here is a link that showes that Reed did not "SLAM" Stewart, it was a good pass. Stewart had a lot of room to change the out come of it.
http://www.vitalmx.com/news/news/Cra...mpaign=addthis
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-28-2011, 11:35 AM Reply   
Great photos you found Brandon.
Alan, I stand by my earlier post. They both made a stupid move, and let their rivalry get in the way. Villopoto was able to take advantage of it. Listening to him after the race he said more than once." It's about not only being the fastest but the smartest." I believe he knew these two might do something stupid that would only help him out. I would like to hear from someone that was there, about what happened in the corner before the finish line. I heard that Stewart waited for Reed to take him out. The camera caught just the end of it at the finish. I heard that is why Stewart's dad was pissed. Waiting cost him a podium, and points. If true, Stupid move
Old    alanp            02-28-2011, 4:18 PM Reply   
thats interesting. stewart clearly had a little bit of lead after the incident. i guess that explains why chad caught and passed him.
Old    alanp            02-28-2011, 4:19 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyY5ES8Ta6o

replay on speed
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-28-2011, 4:43 PM Reply   
All I can say was that was a great race from start to finish! If Reed wasn't pissed about it then how can we be. Like he said they are just two extremely competitive guys. And thats what you get when you put them together. Also, I think Emig or Charmichael said it best at the end- Whoever you like more thats who your gonna side with. Thankfully there was no injuries like last year. I can't wait till next weekend.
Old    alanp            03-05-2011, 7:32 PM Reply   
wow that was a crazy get off. surprised james got back on the bike looks like he had a concussion the way he was wobbling around. as much as i love speed i wish they would have shown more of the race at times rather than poto and james. dungey had a great ride and wouldve liked to seen him moving up thru the pack.
Old    alanp            03-05-2011, 7:37 PM Reply   
i wonder if alessi thought he was being lapped and thats why he slowed down. that was kinda weird.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-05-2011, 7:52 PM Reply   
alanp, that was a heavy crash that Stewart took.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-06-2011, 7:02 AM Reply   
Looks like Trey Canard had some bad luck, would be cool to see that kid have another good weekend like he did in Houston.

I had the pleasure of seeing him in person a his first "pro" event in Millville. It was muddy and he had fans going nuts during practice, only dude doing this massive step up due to the conditions!! It was impressive!!
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-06-2011, 8:20 AM Reply   
Yeah, I think Alessi moved over because the blue lapper flag was being waved as Villapoto was right behind Stewart. They were waving it for Villapoto to get through.
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-06-2011, 10:49 AM Reply   
Yeah, I thought they should have checked out Stewart before they let him back out there. He seemed to be a little shook up. I thought sure he had a concussion. I guess he was fine though. He sure seemed to be fine the way he rode after. Glad he was Okay, but he seems to ride out of control sometimes. If he is not winning, he is crashing. Hoping he doesn't get really hurt someday. He keeps riding like that, and the odds might not be in his favor. I was sorry to see Dungey having such tough luck. I think he is pretty impressive. Also, looked like Canard was going really good before he ran into some tough luck. Seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and got taken out a few times. The track was crazy long and rough. Reminded me of the old tracks from back in the day.
Just heard as Im typing this, that Ian Trettle got off in the lites, and is in a coma. Anyone know anything about this?
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-06-2011, 10:59 AM Reply   
My son is getting text messages about Ian. So far all we know is it happened in practice. He has a severe head injury and he is in a doctor induced coma. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
Old     (joecs)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-22-2011, 8:30 AM Reply   
Any updates on JS7?
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-22-2011, 6:58 PM Reply   
Heard it is nothing serious. He is just pretty banged up and sore. He plans to ride next week.
Glad he is Okay.