Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-04-2015, 8:10 AM Reply   
I generally wear 10.5's in shoes and just got my first pair of closed toe shoes in. They are the ronix Frank. I got both the 10s and 11s since I didn't know which would fit. I put the 11s on first and instantly it felt comfortable. My front toe was touching a little.

Then I put on the 10s and they were decently comfortable too my front toe was jammed up more, but not too bad..

Obviously if they weren't moldable and wouldn't break in, I would stick with the 11s. However I know these are moldable and I'm also guessing they will break in a little. So I'm not sure if the 10s are my 'correct' size.

Unfortunately I can't just take both on the water or mold them to decide. I have to return on of them, and it's got to be in new condition with tags...
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-04-2015, 8:41 AM Reply   
I wear a 10.5-11 shoe and have size 10 Ronix bindings. I had size 11 before and every once in a while my foot would slide forward and jam my toes on falls. If they are just barely tight, I would mold the 10's
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-05-2015, 11:27 AM Reply   
Yea, I tried both on again and I think I'm going with the 10's. My toe is firmly against the front, but its not curling my toes or anything. Also they just feel like they are more snug everywhere else on my foot. After molding and breaking in, I think they will fit good.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-05-2015, 12:41 PM Reply   
They don't pack out like you seem to be expecting, I'd go with the larger, but you know how they feel. I was in the same boat, went smaller due to price the first time and after going larger I'll always go up.
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-05-2015, 1:02 PM Reply   
OK, can you explain what you mean?

Isn't your front toe supposed to touch the front. for it to fit properly. I also thought that thats what molding is for?
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-05-2015, 1:57 PM Reply   
Agree with A-dub. Go with 11's. I have Ronix One's in size 12 and also wear a size 12 shoe. I wish my bindings were like a 12.5. I don't think the toe area stretches forward much.
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-05-2015, 2:03 PM Reply   
Crap, I'm hearing so many conflicting opinions! You guys are saying go with the bigger ones, but everything I've read everywhere else says to go with smaller ones!
Old     (ecore)      Join Date: Jul 2014       10-05-2015, 2:38 PM Reply   
I ran into the same problem. At the boat show I couldn't decided between size 11 or 12 (2015 ronix one) and I ended up getting the size 11. I got them home and wish I got the 12s because when I tried them on again and my baby toes curled. First time riding (not heat molded) my feet were soar after. After I heat molded them I made the toe significantly larger (wearing 2 thick pairs of socks). Boot fits perfectly now. My buddy has size 12s and the feel is just not the same. If I were u I would go with the smaller size.
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-05-2015, 3:35 PM Reply   
OK, so my toes don't even curl with the 10's. They are just firmly against the end. Sounds like I will be good with the 10's. I'll use a little extra something in my toe area when molding.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-05-2015, 8:08 PM Reply   
Stick with 10s. in time, like shoes; they'll somewhat wear and break in, best to have a fit pair for the entire season rather than it fit for a few months, then has foot free play down the road...
Old     (Doomey1)      Join Date: Jul 2015       10-06-2015, 7:12 AM Reply   
You can go either way but it depends on way you want out of the bindings. I wear a 9.5-10 and I have 9s on my cable board and tens on my boat board. The molding process can pack out or expand ~.5 either way. My tens are super cushy because when I molded them they didn't pack out to my foot but my 9s are super packed out after heat molding. You end up with either an extremely cushy fit or a super responsive fit. End result is that my 9s and 10s both fit my foot exactly the same but the amount of packing out is different and results in a different feel. I'd go with the bigger though haha
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-07-2015, 10:19 AM Reply   
Well guys I decided on the 11s. I tried molding the 10s a little bit(sock full of hot rice method) and it barely did anything for toe space. I could still feel my toe up against the boot. I know its OK to have your toe touch, but to be honest I'm not comfortable with it like that.

It seems like after I tie everything down, the 11's are just as small in every way, but just have a little more toe room. So the 11s it is.
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-07-2015, 10:55 AM Reply   
Molded the 11s and they fit great. My big toe just barely grazes the end the boots and when leaning back on the boots, the toe does firmly go against the end of the boots. So I think it's a good size.

Lastly, it's good to know that if I ever decide to use neoprene socks for the winter, there will be some room in my toe area to do it.

Thanks for all the recommendations goes.
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-12-2015, 11:56 AM Reply   
Finally tested out the boots and they felt great. I'm glad I went with 11's. I had no problem tightening them hard enough for my feet to be secure, but at the same time I had no pressure points to make it uncomfortable.

I was really surprised how comfortable they where compared to my old bindings. Crazy difference. Once they got wet inside, it felt like my feet were in warm luxury....
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-25-2015, 12:17 PM Reply   
I cannot even ride closed toe bindings because my broken big toes are a half an inch longer than most and always seem to jam into the end of the boot. I am still riding an old set of OT Watson's which I am surprised are still surviving.
Are the BOB's the only decent pro models even made?
What are my other options?