Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (davedidonato90)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-06-2014, 5:06 AM Reply   
So I caught a nasty heel edge last night riding my hyperlite franchise and my boot came out of the system binding. I then noticed that the toe strap broke off of binding. It was still attached to the side where you click in to tighten but the part that is actually attached to the binding snapped. I bought the board at the end of last summer and since I live in canada have only ridden it for 3 outings.

Does this happen often with these type of bindings? Also does anyone have a contact for a Canadian (I live in southern ontario) rep for hyperlite? Maybe They can just send me a part to fix it.

I will try and upload pics later tonight to better illustrate what it is.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-07-2014, 11:03 AM Reply   
You must have absolutely slammed! I've had my hardware break before any of the plastic actually broke. Where did you buy the board? That would be the first place I go to for warranty/repair
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-07-2014, 11:16 AM Reply   
Just contact Hyperlite's customer service direct. Jesse is awesome and will hook you up. I one time made a comment on here that my teeth were starting to round over on my system bindings so they would sometimes skip when I really tightened them down and the next day I had a PM from him on here wanting my address so he could get me some new ones sent out. I've continued to ride Hyperlite product because they stand behind it.
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-09-2014, 9:45 AM Reply   
Question, were the binding outside during the winter (do you store your board in an unheated garage or anything)?

I'm wondering for myself if cold can hurt certain plastics...I store my boards inside but would love to move them to a shed during the winter, I also have system bindings

Not really worried about my main board (SS recoil), with a wood core but foam core boards and plastic bindings....
Old     (davedidonato90)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-09-2014, 9:52 AM Reply   
I stored it inside, I am also worried about the same issue but I store my boards in my room so I can look at them and wait for the snow to melt
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       06-10-2014, 1:03 PM Reply   
I was wondering how many people have failures in the system bindings. Cold will definitely make some plastics more brittle and subject to failure.

Unrelated question about the system bindings sorry to hijack the thread but I cannot seem to get an answer from anyone. The 2013 bindings have the hinge that leans back to get your boot in but how does it lock into place? I am riding the first generation ones on cable and tried to ride the "updated " ones but they give you zero support. Does anyone have a solution?
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       06-10-2014, 7:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene3x View Post
I was wondering how many people have failures in the system bindings. Cold will definitely make some plastics more brittle and subject to failure.

Unrelated question about the system bindings sorry to hijack the thread but I cannot seem to get an answer from anyone. The 2013 bindings have the hinge that leans back to get your boot in but how does it lock into place? I am riding the first generation ones on cable and tried to ride the "updated " ones but they give you zero support. Does anyone have a solution?
The 2013+ boots come with a little locking piece that goes through both holes on the hinge instead of just the one, which locks them in place. This does keep them from being able to move at all though.
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-10-2014, 7:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene3x View Post
how does it lock into place? ?
you put the screw and T part in the middle hole.
Attached Images

Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       06-10-2014, 8:48 PM Reply   
Thanks. Jesse at Hyperlite warranty contacted me immediately!
Old     (davedidonato90)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-11-2014, 7:48 AM Reply   
Jesse contacted me too. I give huge props and the hyperlite team for standing behind there product. I will for sure support that company due to there dedication and customer service
Old     (Bward_27)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-21-2014, 6:42 AM Reply   
I have the 2014 pro system bindings chassis and on the weekend I managed to snap the screw on the yellow clamp with a washer that attaches the toe strap to the chassis while falling off a funbox. With this screw snapped I can't attach my toe strap on to the chassis. I was wondering if anyone knows if you can get a replacement screw and clamp because my chassis are useless without this part. Thanks