Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (selshahsamand)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-05-2014, 9:44 AM Reply   
Hey folks I recently purchased a new to me 2011 F21 Tomcat. I went out to Berryessa couple weeks out to try her out. But I live by Chevys on the Sac River and itching to take it out next week maybe hit up Swabbies Taco tuesday or cruise the river. But the water looks really brown. Would it be safe to go out or should I wait for it to clear up a bit? Thanks

-Sal
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-05-2014, 10:27 AM Reply   
Not sure about the water clarity issue, I don't like to, but it's the floating debris I worry about!
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-05-2014, 10:29 AM Reply   
X2 ^^
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-05-2014, 10:36 AM Reply   
X3^^^
Old     (selshahsamand)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-05-2014, 10:39 AM Reply   
Ok so sounds like the debris is the issue. Well thats also my concern being that brown I cant see much floating to try and avoid it. Thanks
Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-05-2014, 4:09 PM Reply   
Unfortunately it's always brown, just wipe down the boat and you'll be fine. It's a little worse this time of year with our recent storms.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-05-2014, 10:28 PM Reply   
You always have to be vigilant on the river. Same goes for March as does July or October.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-06-2014, 3:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnargnar View Post
Unfortunately it's always brown, just wipe down the boat and you'll be fine. It's a little worse this time of year with our recent storms.
Always brown? Maybe brackish but it is definitely not always brown. In fact, it is normally only brown when there is the heavy rain run-off after rains or during the rainy season...

Then again, I grew up going to central cali lakes like Naci that are kind of funky normally so the river during the normal riding season is perfectly ok by me...

But...there is NO way I'd put my boat in that crap right now. Tons of debris etc...No thanks.
Old     (selshahsamand)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-06-2014, 3:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post
Always brown? Maybe brackish but it is definitely not always brown. In fact, it is normally only brown when there is the heavy rain run-off after rains or during the rainy season...

Then again, I grew up going to central cali lakes like Naci that are kind of funky normally so the river during the normal riding season is perfectly ok by me...

But...there is NO way I'd put my boat in that crap right now. Tons of debris etc...No thanks.
Thanks! its def not been this brown all year long. Riding season its doable no problem. I will def keep it out for now. Thanks for the heads up.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-06-2014, 3:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post

In Sacramento the Sacramento River is not Brackish. Turbid is the word you're looking for.
Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-06-2014, 8:00 PM Reply   
Not as brown as now, but it's nothing like the American which is blue. Ill take turbid for $300 Alex.
Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-06-2014, 8:04 PM Reply   
And I usually wait about week after a big storm to let the debris flow out before going out.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-06-2014, 8:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalrider View Post
In Sacramento the Sacramento River is not Brackish. Turbid is the word you're looking for.
Correct. But tell that to the seals!
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-06-2014, 9:25 PM Reply   
The city of Sacramento dumps millions of gallons of partially treated sewage in the River everyday. They say they can't afford a new waste water treatment plant. Enjoy your brown river
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-06-2014, 10:52 PM Reply   
No wonder it tastes so delicious when I get a mouthful. Helps build the immune system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-06-2014, 10:56 PM Reply   
^^^ amen. I drink it up. (not really)
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-07-2014, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsriver View Post
The city of Sacramento dumps millions of gallons of partially treated sewage in the River everyday. They say they can't afford a new waste water treatment plant. Enjoy your brown river
Pfft. Enjoy your constant fog in the winter and blistering summer heat with no delta breeze to cool off in the evening.
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-07-2014, 8:33 PM Reply   
I live on the banks of the Kings River no sewer plant dumping waste up stream of me or in any part of our river. I can't believe the City of Sacramento and Stockton dump so mush sewage in your river. Least or fog does not smell like a seer.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-08-2014, 8:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsriver View Post
Happens everywhere. I grew up in Santa Barbara. Sewage plants dump right in the ocean at main beaches there also. Tourists often play right in the nasty warm water also.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-08-2014, 1:35 PM Reply   
Can you put an inboard boat in the kings river?