Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-10-2017, 1:54 PM Reply   
Soooo.....who has been to Fairbanks? I'm getting moved there next summer and want to know if I should bring the boat. Looks like the Chena river runs through town. There are big riverboats on it so it looks deep enough. Anyone ever ride in Fairbanks? Looks like a short season at June, July, Aug and some of Sept.

Don't worry, I have all the cold water gear and have skied around pieces of ice before.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-14-2017, 9:26 AM Reply   
damn man I bet the views would be pretty awesome
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       11-15-2017, 5:33 AM Reply   
I have been to Fairbanks. Ive never seen anyone riding on the river there. Although you could possibly do it, in the summer there are so many fishing boats around you would probably have someone shoot at you. There are some real rednecks up there...
Old     (Surfer101)      Join Date: Oct 2015       11-19-2017, 12:16 PM Reply   
They have a surf/ski school so it cant possibly be too bad

http://traxoutdoorcenter.com/rentals-lessons/waterskis
Old     (azeus17)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-20-2017, 7:18 AM Reply   
Honestly, my biggest concern would be resale once the boat is there. I don't know the market there, but I can't imagine it is very big. If you plan to keep the boat forever, then it's probably not a big deal.

I had a similar experience with a german car we bought when we lived in FL. We ended up moving to Arkansas for work and when time came to sell the car, there was zero interest. The nearest dealer was over an hour away and not one person even called about it. We ended up having to leave the car with family in Chicago to sell it (there was no trade as my wife's job provided a work vehicle).