Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-03-2011, 7:33 PM Reply   
Planning on buying one for cable and a spare boat board. Anyone ridden one? I'm riding a marek on the boat now. Thanks
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-06-2011, 9:39 PM Reply   
?
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-07-2011, 7:43 AM Reply   
Haven't ridden one, but from the looks of the board it seems like it will ride similar to the Marek. It's not as stiff though because it doesn't have the carbon rods running through it. Also, it has decent flex to it, looks to me like it has more than the new Byerly Blunt. I might be demoing it soon. If I do I will let you know what I think.
Old    mojo            05-07-2011, 9:55 AM Reply   
Just trust the suits man. Corporations always make great stuff
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-08-2011, 10:11 AM Reply   
mason - I have been riding this board for about 10 sets or so and just want to say that if you like the marek then be careful because after a few rides, you may never go back to your marek anymore!

Like np3 said, it rides quite similarly to the marek with a few key updates and improvements in my opinion. First thing is the speed. when i rode the marek i thought it wasnt possible for boards to ride any faster. well if the marek is a rocket ship, this board is a laser beam, you can build crazy line tension in a very short distance. second thing is the slightly rolled edges between your feet. they are subtle so they dont let the board sit too deep in the water, but are round enough to not want to "bite" on a few hard or sketchy landings that could turn into diggers. and if you do catch an edge, it doesnt feel quite as fierce as with the sharp rails on the marek. Also, never caught an edge or got "hung up" on any sliders after riding 5 days at OWC. the enduro base handles rails well, just a few light scuffs and lines from almost a week at the cable. the pop off the wake is similar to the marek, large but smooth, and i attribute this mainly to the massive speed from this rocker. I actually put 1.0 inch fins on my process, cuz it was the first time riding in 6 months and the 0.8s felt a tad squirrely to me then, but now if i put them back on itd probly ride even better than it does now!

Id seriously check one out, especially if you like the marek. Oh and also it has the widest stance range of any hyperlite board. Seems like they tweeked all the issues I had with the marek into one sick ride!