Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-22-2017, 10:45 AM Reply   
Flew out to Palm Springs this past weekend for the track event at Thermal Club put on by Lambo Beverly Hills. Lamborghini puts on 2-3 per year in the US/Canada. Having never been on a track before, the experience is unreal. 1st class all the way. This isn’t the $300 groupon deal to drive 5 year old LP cars with restrictions on speed, how you can drive the car, ect. The only real rule is keep traction control on. This was just the hurracan’s ( 2wd/4wd cars) at this event. The session is limited to abt 20/25 people with 6-8 instructors, and they actually help you learn how to drive the car on the track. There are various stations you run thru in the morning and the afternoon is spent on the track….a pace car led by an instructor and 2 cars follow (track time is spent alone in the car with a radio headset inside your helmet) you’re put into groups based on instructors informal evaluations. I was kinda of shocked at how a few of the participants drove around the track like they were going for a leisurely Sunday drive….and these are owners too. Wtf?. All the cars had the carbon ceramic brake upgrades on them….now I see why people get them if they run their cars on the track. The stopping power is pretty incredible…even after running all day on the track. Something else worth noting….the cars were turned on abt 8 am in the morning and were never turned off the entire day. I know I was beating the **** out of the car I was driving Front straightaway you’re up to abt 135/140…on the back closer to 150/155. The turn sequences took a little getting used to, but overall awesome experience. I took some video riding shotgun in one of the pace cars on the track…I asked the instructor how hard he was pushing the car…said maybe 6/7 out of 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he4RkcRQgHA