Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-25-2015, 1:59 PM Reply   
So I got a District board and Ronix Frank CT bindings. My skill level is just W2W jumps at the current time, so nothing crazy or big.

Last week I took a big face plant after casing the wake and my front binding came off the board. The base plate cracked.I called Ronix and they told me warranties go through the dealer you bought from. I bought online, but no biggie I messaged the dealer. Dealer was GREAT and had a new base plate shipped out the same day. I was actually pretty delighted how well they took care of me (Windy City Sports shop on Amazon).

Anyways, I got the base plate and replaced mine. Made sure everything was tight and installed correctly. I went out today and on my 2nd set I fell on a jump and they broke AGAIN. This time it wasn't just a crack but an entire piece snapped off.

I emailed the dealer again and I'm sure he will help me through the warranty process again, but honestly I don't know what to do here. Not only do I feel bad for being such a headache to the dealer since I'm not local, but I definitely don't want to keep going through the warranty hassle and ending my lake days short.

It cannot be coincidence that the same exact thing happened almost right away twice. Every person I've talked to couldn't believe it even happened the first time because they have never seen a break there.

The boots themselves feel great and are super comfortable. Other than this I am really happy with them. I guess it could it be a bad batch of plastics? But I dunno.

Any suggestions?