Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (weally)      Join Date: Mar 2015       11-30-2016, 3:31 PM Reply   
Hey everyone,

Who has or is running the Hyperlite System Lowback and AJ Boots, ideally the new 2017, yellow setup? I'm looking at pulling the trigger on a set for some new bindings. (Currently running the Slingshot ShredTowns, 2015, Maroon)

It will be for 99% boat riding, so what are your thoughts?

Cheers
Old     (weally)      Join Date: Mar 2015       11-30-2016, 3:43 PM Reply   
I should have added some pics, cause everyone loves a picture.

Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       11-30-2016, 7:08 PM Reply   
Love my systems. Lowbacks are super awesome if you're looking for some extra flex in the boots and the AJs are right about the middle of the spectrum for flex. I also ride primarily boat and like that I have no heel lift and feel directly connected to the board.
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       12-01-2016, 8:41 AM Reply   
I rode last year's AJs with lowbacks behind boat and cable... I can't say I really noticed more flex going from high to lowbacks, but I did notice a higher frequency of being pulled out of the bindings on awkward falls behind the boat. I'm not sure if this was because of the lowbacks or not, but that's what I'm attributing it too. I have the notion to make the move back to highbacks for boat, but keep the lowbacks for cable.

One thing to look for depending on what size binding/boot you get... I originally got the large bindings with size 10 boots. The large binding footbed is slightly wider which makes the edge of the binding interfere with the washers on the mounting bolts. I had to cut nearly all of one side of the washer off for it to seat properly because I ride with my feet fully ducked out. I bought a medium size set of bindings later which don't have mounting issues and size 10 boots will fit in, but the toe strap is slightly shorter to work with the smaller sized boots. It makes it difficult to strap around the toe end, but can still be done with size 10 boots.

Basically what I'm getting at is if you're an in-between size on the bindings you may run into issues like I did.
Old     (2002SupraLaunch)      Join Date: Sep 2016       12-08-2016, 8:19 AM Reply   
I just got the 2016 Kruz Boots in size 11. They are really tight around the front part of my foot. I don't consider myself to have a wide foot either, I've never had to buy special shoes or anything. My Brother-in-law got the 2015 in size 12 so I tried them on. I don't have to issue with the death grip on my foot but they are to big.

How much do these things "break in"? Will this get better for me, or should I expect them to stay the same fit?
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       12-08-2016, 9:18 AM Reply   
They don't break in that much. The Webb is the widest boot in the line so you should try a pair of them on and see if they feel better. If you want a stiff boot and the marek is too narrow, you may be out of luck.
Old     (2002SupraLaunch)      Join Date: Sep 2016       12-09-2016, 1:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS_mi View Post
They don't break in that much. The Webb is the widest boot in the line so you should try a pair of them on and see if they feel better. If you want a stiff boot and the marek is too narrow, you may be out of luck.
How are the Process or AJ boot for toe room? They seem to be mid range for flex. I'm looking to avoid injury more then doing crazy tricks. I wish there was a dealer close to me that I could go try them all on.

Looks like i'm going to have to sell the Kruz boots, they are just too tight for me. I have them listed on Ebay if anyone is interested, size 11.