Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-24-2019, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
Robert had 600 lbs in the boat that's a little more manageable

At Polar Bear? He told me 400. Oh well, whatever. This discussion has gone circular. It loves 1000# and that’s Robert’s normal jam.

Weight is weight. Centurion weight is the same as Supra weight is the same as Nautique weight is the same as MB weight and so are the days of our lives....

When comparing and critiquing boats and waves, ensure it’s apples to apples before declaring good better and best. You’ll find that at comparable weights, they all are within a gnat’s ass of one another.

The end.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-25-2019, 6:52 AM Reply   
This thread is stupid, everyone knows Heyday has the best wave out of the box
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       01-25-2019, 7:01 AM Reply   
I thought it was a boat show thread
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-25-2019, 7:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post

Amen!
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-25-2019, 7:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteflashwatersports1 View Post
I thought it was a boat show thread

No that’s just the title silly.
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-25-2019, 8:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
But who has the most cup holders? That is the true champion.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-25-2019, 11:38 AM Reply   
It wouldn't be wakeworld if it stayed on topic & didn't go down hill quick to a slinging fest. It's why I love this place!
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-25-2019, 12:07 PM Reply   
So true. I usually can stay out of it until misconceptions or otherwise strange versions of fact are put forth.

Or if I encounter a sniff of blind brand loyalty that claims a surf advantage. Because it’s pretty much never true. Gets me every time.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-25-2019, 12:14 PM Reply   
We are arguing about a SURF WAVE!!!!!!! With a suck gate all boats surf fine now.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-26-2019, 3:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
So true. I usually can stay out of it until misconceptions or otherwise strange versions of fact are put forth.

Or if I encounter a sniff of blind brand loyalty that claims a surf advantage. Because it’s pretty much never true. Gets me every time.
LOL that's funny coming from the guy who jumps in with obvious moomba supra brand loyalty .
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-26-2019, 5:54 AM Reply   
The good old wakeworld keeping true to it's threads of WAY off subject.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-26-2019, 7:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
LOL that's funny coming from the guy who jumps in with obvious moomba supra brand loyalty .

Dude you’re quite wrong.

I have owned a Tige, MB, Supra, Moomba and likely back to Tige sometime soon. Malibu is also on my short list—love my buddies 23LSV. I would entertain Centurion if we had a dealer. All this in 7 years. I would own each of these brands again in a heartbeat. Pretty loyal, huh? I don’t give a flying turd what badge is on the boat.

How many times have I said on this thread that all brands are good? It feels like 1000. I have no loyalty to SkiersChoice, but when someone says they aren’t up to par I feel like it’s worth mentioning that you’re wrong. For the good of anyone who might be considering multiple brands. The point is: if you think one brand has special advantages over another in the surf wave department, you’re wearing homer goggles and are misinformed. Oh crap, there it is again. The same message.

So thanks for the feedback—hope you had a good LOL. I currently own a Skiers Choice product, but stay tuned. Because they all rip, and I will find the formula for my boat no matter what brand. It’s all about the deal!

Last edited by dakota4ce; 01-26-2019 at 7:55 AM.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-26-2019, 8:06 AM Reply   
Quote:

I will add a caveat: probably will never own Nautique or a Mastercraft because I feel like they’re unnecessarily too expensive.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-26-2019, 9:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
I will add a caveat: probably will never own Nautique or a Mastercraft because I feel like they’re unnecessarily too expensive.
Oh man, you’re not living then. Everyone knows it’s Nautique or nothing.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-26-2019, 10:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
You may as well tell us you’d rather eat hamburger than steak.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-26-2019, 10:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
You may as well tell us you’d rather eat hamburger than steak.

LOL—possibly touché. But really good hamburger? I had a demo on the new XStar. Sweet sweet machine no doubt.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-26-2019, 10:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Oh man, you’re not living then. Everyone knows it’s Nautique or nothing.

Love it! I like ‘em, that’s not the issue. Just too poor.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       01-26-2019, 7:29 PM Reply   
OK. Fine. Agreed. But still: where are those pillow-pics?! I keep coming back to this thread to find nothing but boat-talk! Come one, WW can do better than that!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-26-2019, 11:03 PM Reply   
Yeah I’m in the market for a good new pillow. We might as well start presenting the best virtues of the boat show pillows.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-27-2019, 4:25 AM Reply   
Found it funny, that at the Charlotte boat show, when asked about wake boarding, every boat manufacturer said, "no one is focused on wake boarding, all surfing" It was surf, surf, surf, surf. Not that i care, but funny how the entire market is on the other side now, Even the mastercrasft rep was bragging on the xstars surf wake. WTF
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-27-2019, 5:48 AM Reply   
Maybe I’m Johnny come late but by pillows are we talking boobs?
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       01-27-2019, 6:13 AM Reply   
And THAT gives the thread a whole new direction!
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-27-2019, 6:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
Found it funny, that at the Charlotte boat show, when asked about wake boarding, every boat manufacturer said, "no one is focused on wake boarding, all surfing" It was surf, surf, surf, surf. Not that i care, but funny how the entire market is on the other side now, Even the mastercrasft rep was bragging on the xstars surf wake. WTF

I think it’s because they want to sell boats.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-27-2019, 9:12 AM Reply   
“Those aren’t two pillows!!!” (Planes, Trains and Automobiles)
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       01-27-2019, 9:22 AM Reply   
Here’s for all the wanted pillow talk

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-27-2019, 10:45 AM Reply   
Name:  mike-desktop.png
Views: 1821
Size:  79.5 KB
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-27-2019, 4:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
Here’s for all the wanted pillow talk

Yep. The infamous bamboo pillows. My sister bought 2 from a show when she was visiting me, from Australia, a few years back..
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       01-27-2019, 7:09 PM Reply   
FINALLY!
But I still don't get it It's just a normal pillow. Someone please explain: why is everybody hauling pillows to or from a boat show?
Old     (Hyperryd)      Join Date: May 2014       01-27-2019, 8:16 PM Reply   
That's exactly what I said when I brought up the pillows in the first place. Why are people spending boat money on pillows at a BOAT SHOW? lol
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-28-2019, 6:02 AM Reply   
I bought one of those bamboo pillows, didn't do what I wanted, still had bad neck pain. I have been through about 30 pillows over the last two years trying to find one that supports my neck & being a side sleep with bad shoulders I struggle. After all the money I've blown on expensive or therapeutic pillows this $20 one from Amazon proved to be the best pillow ever. And you can remove & add foam to get it just right.

https://www.amazon.com/Familamb-Shre...movable+Bamboo

Now, who wants to talk "pillows"?
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       01-28-2019, 6:34 AM Reply   
wait until you see the 2020 model bamboo pillow. #gamechanger All others before it are bullsh*t
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-28-2019, 10:08 AM Reply   
I got to admit I'm pretty let down on the picture of the new bamboo pillows. I built up this image of the ultimate pillow. I thought it would be like a bean bag chair we could use on our porch.

Then I find out it's just another pillow. Wakeworld let down of the year!!!!!
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       01-28-2019, 11:39 AM Reply   
I know... bummer huh!? I'm even thinking I might rather go back to talking... boats.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-28-2019, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsw View Post
I know... bummer huh!? I'm even thinking I might rather go back to talking... boats.
You misspelled "bewbs"
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-28-2019, 1:08 PM Reply   
Before instagram we had boat bun threads.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-28-2019, 2:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
Before instagram we had boat bun threads.
There are several private FB groups for boats boobs & beer
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       01-29-2019, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
You misspelled "bewbs"
My bad.
Back to pillows?

Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-29-2019, 10:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsw View Post
My bad.
Back to pillows?

LOL, nice!
Old     (Boatnam1)      Join Date: Jul 2019 Location: cali       11-21-2019, 11:42 AM Reply   
Just curious for anyone who might know, what could one expect on discount if purchasing a new rig at this years LA show? more on the lower end of things MB,TIGE,MALIBU.
Old     (Boatnam1)      Join Date: Jul 2019 Location: cali       11-23-2019, 8:11 AM Reply   
Nobody has experience with a boat show buy?
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-24-2019, 8:39 AM Reply   
I can’t believe this is what it’s come to lol I’m guessing ww and the industry wished they never censored the leaked pics, new models etc from this site. At least people were here talking about them. Now it’s bamboo and memory foam pillows! lol and actually ended up being the most useful part of the whole thread!