Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    boarderrr            08-04-2014, 10:29 AM Reply   
I've already had a post very similar to this one but I have a couple other questions. Ok, so I'm pretty consistent at tantrums now but I want them to look a lot better and have more style. I have a problem getting the straight backwards rotation, it's more to the side. Also, should I take a hard cut towards the kicker than when near the top open up with my arm slightly bent and push off the top off the kicker for pop while throwing my head back to start the rotation? Or should I wait till I'm completely off the kicker to start my flip? Sorry about all the questions but I want to make them look good as I may do a competition later this month.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-04-2014, 10:34 AM Reply   
Let the kicker kick/pop you into the flip. Take an aggressive cut, at the top square up your shoulders parallel to the ramp, and kick off the top, which will kick you into rotation. This is how you can then add a grab easier.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-05-2014, 1:42 PM Reply   
^^^ agreed on all fronts. Grabbing tantrums makes them look awesome as well. Grabbing is more about bringing your knees to your chest than reaching down. Keep doing them, the more you throw them the more comfortable you'll be!
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-05-2014, 2:20 PM Reply   
I agree with both of these guys ^^^

I rotate kind of funny, but with a grab, it can look cool. If someone gives you crap about your tantrum not being square just find friends that aren't as advanced as you and go from there (kidding of course).

But seriously, square up, head back, spot your landing, ride away and hope everyone saw (but play it cool).
Old     (Dissociative)      Join Date: Nov 2013       08-05-2014, 7:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrie141 View Post
But seriously, square up, head back, spot your landing, ride away and hope everyone saw (but play it cool).
Haha love the last bit. It's applicable to almost every wakeboard trick!
Old    boarderrr            08-12-2014, 1:41 AM Reply   
I have a hard time getting my board directly over me so I have a straight back rotation, it's like my body does a straight backflip and my board kind of hangs to the side making the tantrum looks slightly inverted. Is there anyway to fix this?! I can backflip perfectly on a trampoline. What should I do??
Old     (joaomalheiros)      Join Date: May 2014       08-12-2014, 5:40 AM Reply   
it would help a lot if you showed us a video on ho you do it, so we can see what you're doing wrong. what i do on my tantrums is that i wait till the last second to start carving and take a really hard edge and instead of focusing on getting my head back I think more just of looking to the sky and getting my knees to throw the rotation. that way helps you to wait for the kicker to kick you and getting your knees to your chest so you can grab more easily. hope it helps you!