Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-17-2015, 4:01 PM Reply   
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/for-mart...ng-back-years/

This is the guy who became the CEO of a drug company & Raised the price of a drug that treated HIV and Malaria by 5,000%

His no apology attitude gained him the name "MOST HATED MAN IN AMERICA"

This guy getting thrown in the slammer reminds me of the movie wall street with Gordon Geko.
Attached Images

Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-17-2015, 8:30 PM Reply   
If you watch the sequel, Gordon Geko eventually finds his soul. This guy doesn't have one to find. This is what happens when rich psychopaths raise psychopaths. It's like doubling down on the psychopath while learning how to perfectly use your power and influence to legally kill thousands in place of just killing a few strangers and getting caught.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-17-2015, 10:06 PM Reply   
While I admit I left my hell raising, bar brawling days many years ago.... That there is a face that needs a solid jab right in the smug little weasel mouth.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-17-2015, 10:17 PM Reply   
Supply and demand.....Doesn't make it right but tell me any business owner that wouldn't like the opportunity to raise by xxx%.....
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-18-2015, 9:07 AM Reply   
There isn't a drug on the planet that can't be reverse engineered. The only thing that prevents it are laws that protect the company that owns the patent. This has NOTHING to do with supply and demand. It has everything to do with government protecting big business in a way that creates a monopoly. Government protected monopolies aren't supply and demand and they aren't free market.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-18-2015, 11:28 AM Reply   
patents protect intellectual property.
government breaks up monopolies.

the drug business is a very convoluted one and it will only get worse before it gets better. although I feel we're nearing a tipping point re: ACA and insurance companies and their ridiculous price gouging.

he's still a weasel
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-30-2015, 1:07 PM Reply   
company filed for bankruptcy
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-01-2016, 10:36 AM Reply   
This guy looks like a total d-bag. If you do some research on him, you will find that he spent $2Million dollars on the newest WuTang Clan album. He bought the only copy in existence with the agreement that the album would NEVER be relieced to the public or distributed. So did he buy a Album that he can only play for his personal use??? Or is there some back door Scam that he will some how distribute the album with him making all the profit. Either way just seems like a D Bag thing to invest in or buy for his personal use. Owell I hope that 2 million dollar purchase helps him out in jail!!!
Old    mojo1127            02-12-2016, 1:15 PM Reply   
gecko did not find his soul. he manipulated his daughter and shia lebouf and took the money to start a new investment group. next, this drug has been around forever and anyone can make it in the so called generic form. is it this guys fault nobody else wants to make it? nope. he seems like a smug, ego driven guy, but he is not stopping anyone else from producing this drug.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-12-2016, 3:49 PM Reply   
It takes about 3 years to get FDA approval for a generic. No doubt it is in the works but 3 years is a long time for a patient to pay 700 per pill. No doubt it's actually an insurance company footing that bill. As you know, that price increase is passed down to consumers by insurance companies. So now we get to pay for Pharma Bro's ego with higher insurance rates. The same pill can be had in Brazil for 2 cents each. Wouldn't it be great if Americans had to go to other countries in order to get decent and affordable medical care because of greed?
Old    mojo1127            02-12-2016, 6:14 PM Reply   
then import it. hypothetical: let's say i am a chemist or whatever the drug developers are. I am a private company and I use my own money and time to come up with a cure for every form of cancer with one pill. you take it once and it cures any type of cancer immediately. are you going to make me give that away to people or tell me what i am allowed to charge for it?