Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-20-2016, 4:11 PM Reply   
Am I the only old guy on here?

very sad about his passing

this is a pretty good article

R.I.P.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/19/opinio...rey/index.html
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-21-2016, 11:44 AM Reply   
I like the old stuff. Funny thing about them is most people know the words to several songs but had no idea they were Eagles tunes. The Eagles documentary is one of the better ones if anyone wants to know more about them. Hard to find a band that killed it for as long as they did, over 4 decades. Frey wrote like 20 billboard top 100s. will be missed.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-21-2016, 2:13 PM Reply   
I was pretty bummed to hear about it. I remember waiting in line for Eagles tickets at Music + back when they had lines. They handed out numbers and mine was too high, so I didn't get tickets. I did eventually see them here in San Diego, but it was from far away. I was in the car when I read the news of his death. Not two minutes later "It's Your World Now" came up on my playlist and I don't think I've ever heard that song come up before. Eerie lyrics after hearing that news.
Old     (viking)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-21-2016, 4:07 PM Reply   
^^ that song and lyrics are posted on the main eagles.com landing page^^
My wife and I scored tickets to the History of the Eagles Tour this last summer about 10 rows back.
Extremely good concert and glad we were able to see them especially now with Genn's passing. Was a bucket list item so very grateful.
He was too young at 67
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-21-2016, 4:54 PM Reply   
My mom grew up with Henley so we were lucky enough to see them many times over the years. Always great performers. Definitely too young.