Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ettowake)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-07-2015, 7:50 PM Reply   
Hello!!
i would like to know your opinion in wich of these brands you like/would buy a new setup for this year.
i do not put all the brands cuz i cannot work with some ( already have the distributors in my country)
in consideration:
-marketing (how much you see that brand)
-athletes you like in that brand
-hype in the brand
-(anything else?) etc

the Brands are:
(i know the three first brands are from the same owner)

LIQUID FORCE
OBRIEN
CWB
HUMANOID
JOBE
SLINGSHOT (maybe in my country)

difficult question i know
but your opinion will be highly apreciated
Old     (Dissociative)      Join Date: Nov 2013       10-08-2015, 8:41 AM Reply   
I personally think LF gets the most mileage in terms of brand awareness and marketing plus their riders are the type of guys who get quite a lot of exposure. I guess it has something to do with their consistency in the industry too. If you check most reputable online shops and sites, you'll see most of them carry LF stuff or at least has some of their ads.

I actually tried to avoid LF when I was searching for a new board to buy a couple of years ago but I gave in since its the brand I got the most exposure to.

That's just my opinion at least, I'm sure it may be different in other parts of the world and I'm from a country where the cable industry is growing almost every year.
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-08-2015, 8:43 AM Reply   
Humanoid or slingshot .... Support the smaller "core" companies that still make their products in the USA .
I try to avoid liquid force ... I wasn't a fan of how they put company out of business. I'd actually rather rock a cwb or obrien product even tho they are under the same parent company (I ride an obrien paradigm)
But why only these ? Where is ronix? Or hyperlite? Or CTRL?
All of them on your list make a quality product tho

Last edited by svnfightsvn; 10-08-2015 at 8:46 AM.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-08-2015, 9:00 AM Reply   
^ slingshot or humanoid for that reason. US made + sustainable

I did ride a hyper lite, but love my flexy 145 response although I've been eyeing a nomad or a blue pill pretty hard!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-08-2015, 9:23 AM Reply   
O'Brien has some serious new young gunners that are going to be shaking things up on the tour!
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       10-08-2015, 12:14 PM Reply   
I like Slingshot the most IMO. They are made in the USA in Hood River, OR. They put out rad web edits and have riders I relate to. I find them to best suit my style/flavor. I think everyone identifies with a brand for different reasons. Different strokes for different folks.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-08-2015, 4:22 PM Reply   
Humanoid and Slingshot. I like Humanoids durability.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       10-09-2015, 6:40 AM Reply   
Where are you from Ettore? That is a pretty big factor in which brand would sell the best.

Personally, though, I really enjoy the feel that Slingshot has created around their brand. Awesome product, sustainable, and by far the most enjoyable web content from any brand right now.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-09-2015, 7:15 AM Reply   
Jobe Conflict is still the best board for me that I've ridden on the cable.