Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-18-2015, 4:24 PM Reply   
Hi, long time gone from the forums and wakeboards, restarted riding again from a 7 year hiatus.
I'm in the market for a new board/binding setup, im considering the Hyperlite system bindings with the mareks or the process, whats the consensus on those around here? I ride 100% behind the boat. is the pro chassis really any better? Also what's the opinion on the Murray board?
Also, could you upload pics on the looks of your chassis/bindings combos?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-18-2015, 10:17 PM Reply   
the system's are very versatile and comfortable. if you want to be able to poke and knee tuck like trever maur and mike schwenne these are for you. Most people cut the high backs lower for the 2014+ bindings (more flex), and i believe for the 2016 gear they are going to have the high backs pre cut. The pro's wear their toe straps over the toes just like a traditional binding would have. some people wear them in front of the toes like a snowboard but you have more heel/toe lift.

Here's some vids

from Union Wakeboarder Magazine on Vimeo.

Older systems 2011, goes to show how much flex you can get with them.

from WakeWorld on Vimeo.

Murray with old systems (not pro chassis) and mareks

from Hyperlite Wakeboards on Vimeo.

Personally i like the hyperlite Teams closed toe boot because they are a bit lighter and pretty good flex due to how much is cut out at the ankle. they also have good cushioning inside. the Mareks will be the stiffest boot in the line up second would probably be the process, so if you really really need ankle support the marek's would be best. the process will still have good support as well just not as much as the marek's (both way more ankle support than the Teams).

Pro chassis: 2014+ they're the same. if its 2013 gear its different(which i recommend the pro).

For the Murray board, i would say its a good all around board. It is my choice of board in the hyperlite line. i like that has a beveled edge/smooth surface in the middle to help prevent front edge catches, leading it to be a little more forgiving, but the tail of the board is locked in more due to its deep channels in between the fins, so when you land blind it locks in. It has a subtle 3 stage rocker, in comparison to the franchise (continuous rocker) it had more straight up pop instead of a distance pop.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-15-2015, 2:39 PM Reply   
Sorry for the delay, didnt catch the notification on your answer, thanks a lot, it was really insightful
I will be buying 2015 gear, probably the process or the teams CT
Old     (Andy_Mora)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-15-2015, 4:08 PM Reply   
I was wanting to know the exact same thing - I'm interested in the new Murray and the Systems as well.
I've been riding a slingshot recoil for the last few years and thinking to switch over to a stiffer board since I ride mostly boat. The 2016 Murray looks pretty good - especially the mostly featureless bottom. The Recoil is pretty loose on the water so I'm a little concerned about the larger fins on the Murray. For anyone's that's tried the the 2016 Murray - how locked in does it feel?

Also for the Systems, the only thing I'm really concerned about is the release - from what I understand, the only "safety release" if you take a really hard slam is the ladder strap stripping or snapping... Is this correct? I'm a little worried about ripping my leg in two.

luchog - if you end up picking up this setup please post your thoughts on it!
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       12-11-2015, 6:08 PM Reply   
gear is on the way, hope to get it soon. Orderded the murray 137 board, very hard to find! and the closed toe Team and process bindings, we'll see how they go!
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-25-2016, 7:30 PM Reply   
Well, here's the update, I got the Murray 137 2015 board, and both pairs of bindings, the Team CT and the System/Process combo.
A friend of mine got the 2016 Murray/team CT combo in 139.
So far I have tried the board with the Teams, and honestly the setup rocks as is, I really doubt to see much improvement with the systems and even as cool as the system combo looks, probably will be a little too much hassle to use also. I tried them "dry" and they really grab into your feet, so if you really want a snug fit they are great, but they wont release on falls for sure! I really liked the Teams and the ease of use they feature.

As for the board, I tried my friend's 2016, they are very different. Hands down I choose the 2015.
The 2015 is forgiving over the surface, and carves great, has great pop and quick release off the wake,. Swing weight is nice too. Didnt need to adapt coming from my old Ronix One, which is a 3 stage rocker.
The 2016 feels much slower, heavier on the water and was hard for me to get good pop and release. It's really forgiving on the surface though. I dare to say it's a great board for starters. it's a continous rocker.
Attached Images

Old     (landonpowell)      Join Date: Feb 2015       02-20-2016, 11:08 AM Reply   
In my opinion the Systems are great bindings, for cable. If you ride boat i'd say go with something else besides system. I have a 2014 Murray with system bindings. The systems are quite a bit heavier than any other bindings. The laces on the system also come loose most of the time in my experience. I also have a 2016 Hyperlite Murray with 2016 Hyperlite Team boots. The Team boots are my favorite. Their super light, very comfy, and very responsive. Now on to the board (Murray's) best ride on the water! Soft landings, fast, great pop, very user friendly, can't go wrong with a Murray.