Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Erkoehler)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-14-2011, 9:35 AM Reply   
First one came in last week!
Attached Images

Old     (Erkoehler)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-14-2011, 9:37 AM Reply   
Few more pics....
Attached Images

Old     (Donski)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-14-2011, 11:15 AM Reply   
I don't know which boat is worse, the Mojo or this big turd box. Why does the tower look like a big *****?
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-14-2011, 12:02 PM Reply   
Nice looking boat Eric. Did you say you took it out surfing? How does it surf? Rub rail ever end up below the water when surfing on Nautiques as they slope down towards the transom?
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-14-2011, 12:58 PM Reply   
Thanks for sharing your pics with us, i love looking at new boats. The new nautiques have gotten really "busy" looking. It seems that every square foot has something on it. It makes me miss the clean simple lines of the old san... although i do like the tower.
Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-14-2011, 2:12 PM Reply   
very nice i can hardly wait to see the new 230's
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-14-2011, 2:29 PM Reply   
What's with the bird? Graphics are way to busy. Interior looks nice tho, I still would opt out of that tower, it just doesn't look right. Same with MC's new towers.
Old     (spf2275)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-14-2011, 2:43 PM Reply   
Looks nice but surprised that there aren't any analog gauges at all.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-14-2011, 3:18 PM Reply   
A weird complement, but i love the front and cabin cup holder areas. the molded design in the front, and just the way they did the speakers and fabric in the rear recesses.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       08-14-2011, 6:03 PM Reply   
I like it a lot. Lose the bird(I assume that is just a sticker) and give me a solid colored carpet. That is all I would change. I like the tower and like the dash.
Old     (Erkoehler)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-14-2011, 10:52 PM Reply   
The solid colored grey carpeeis standard, the carpet shown is an option.

I really like the boat without the griffin decal as well, we removed them on a customers 2011 210 team in similar color scheme and it looks awesome.

The surf wave is awesome, 750 in the rear corner plus full stock rear on surf side and full belly tank.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-15-2011, 5:53 AM Reply   
Call me in 5 years and tell me how much you love that dash.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-15-2011, 6:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Looks nice but surprised that there aren't any analog gauges at all.
Agreed... even if they didn't put them on the dash and just have the important ones hidden off to the side or something - RPM / Engine Temp/ Oil Pressure / Fuel on a little singe pod on the right by the throttle or something. The screen is probably AWESOME when it works, but one little wire comes loose, a fuse blows, or something and you're 100% in the dark.
Place analog gauges by the throttle here V V V
Old     (spf2275)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-15-2011, 6:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Agreed... even if they didn't put them on the dash and just have the important ones hidden off to the side or something - RPM / Engine Temp/ Oil Pressure / Fuel on a little singe pod on the right by the throttle or something. The screen is probably AWESOME when it works, but one little wire comes loose, a fuse blows, or something and you're 100% in the dark.
Place analog gauges by the throttle here V V V
It's a shocker really. That's an awful lot if faith in that screen. That's one thing that MC did right. I love my BIG but I watch my engine temp and oil pressure far more than I do the screen. I like the fact that if my BIG goes down the whole boat is still fully operational. I know of instances where people's BIG's have turned off ( all were from coming unplugged basically ) but it's nothing more than an inconvenience. You lose rider profiles and that's about it. All your gauges are still there. Switches for ballast tanks still work. It just operates like a boat without the BIG.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-15-2011, 6:42 AM Reply   
The screen actually works really well. I was in a buddy's 2010 230 and got the chance to play around on it.. I was quite surprised how user friendly it was.. However, i don't think it will hold up in the long run. Just another excuse to get an extra G (at least) out of you in another 3-5 years
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-15-2011, 7:08 AM Reply   
You guys are killing me? 3-5 years on the LINC? I'm not sure how y'all treat your boats but I would bet money the LINC on our 2012 210 will be working fine in 5 years. The company that manufactures the LINC hardware has been doing systems for high end sport fishing boats and mini yachts for a long time. Nautique doesn't use components that fail so quickly if properly taken care of. This version of the LINC is night and day from the original. It's so well polished it looks like Apple wrote the software for it. I would say I'd like to have an engine warning light and RPM gauge regardless...

As for the tower, I hated the original FCT-3 Roswell but the FCT-5 functions very well and looks sick with the Z5 cargo bimini IMO. Not a fan of the crazy carpet at all but there will be no carpet in our new boat...doing something a little special that ma be in option in 2013 or 2014. Our graphic is the same one here but I may change to the wing that is on our current 2009.

Thanks for the pics!
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-15-2011, 7:21 AM Reply   
Is there no gauge option? If not a big mistake. Get rid of the bird to much noise. Same with the busy carpet.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-15-2011, 7:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by srock View Post
Is there no gauge option? If not a big mistake. Get rid of the bird to much noise. Same with the busy carpet.
You can get gauges if you remove the Team package. You then have to add options that are standard with Team package like ballast, zero-off, etc.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-15-2011, 7:38 AM Reply   
Man, I love that 210 wake.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-15-2011, 7:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm not sure how y'all treat your boats but I would bet money the LINC on our 2012 210 will be working fine in 5 years.
Its not that LINC will die, its that simple things like a fuse, one loose wire, freezes up, I drop a beer can and crack it.... I'm sure the system itself is solid and works great, but I'm not solid and don't work great.... can it handle that? I would hate if I plugged too much **** it, blew some fuses (had no backups) and then am stuck with nothing.
Quote:
It's so well polished it looks like Apple wrote the software for it.
... uhh-oh.

I wonder if/when boats will have 3g/4g to them and you can stream/update/etc right to the boat via the screen.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-15-2011, 10:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Its not that LINC will die, its that simple things like a fuse, one loose wire, freezes up, I drop a beer can and crack it.... I'm sure the system itself is solid and works great, but I'm not solid and don't work great.... can it handle that? I would hate if I plugged too much **** it, blew some fuses (had no backups) and then am stuck with nothing.

... uhh-oh.

I wonder if/when boats will have 3g/4g to them and you can stream/update/etc right to the boat via the screen.
A beer can will not crack it. If you threw a bottle at it, probably would scratch it up. As far as fuses go, Nautique uses a push button breaker system for most electronics that works very well. For any removable fuse I always keep spares on the boat. You don't plug anything into the LINC. It is controlling audio but your amps fuses would blow way before anything for to the LINC itself. Like I said, Nautique knows what they are doing.

I mentioned over at PN I'd love to see analog gauges still present for vitals and engine warning light. I don't have confirmation but I bet there is some sort of visual indicator somewhere if you were having an engine issue vs a power issue.

The GPS and Mapping on the Coastal Edition uses a flash card. It would be sick to have 3G/4G and an iPhone app via bluetooth to the control the boat. When my wife is having trouble loading on a windy day I could back the trailer in and then drive the boat onto it from the ramp using my iPhone. Would be great! hahahahha

Last edited by aarond0083; 08-15-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-15-2011, 10:58 AM Reply   
For $100k+ boat - I wish they would throw on like $500 worth of nice looking wheels on the trailer..

Great looking boat.. Lose the add on Affliction carpet and I'll take it.
Old    SamIngram            08-15-2011, 12:05 PM Reply   
Yes, that screen will fail, guaranteed!!

Very similar to the way that all our electronic fuel injection systems have failed on us after 3-5 years of use... or very similar to how those new fangled horseless carriages have failed on all of us...

We are not talking about here, we are talking about technology that we have all been using for at least a decade...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-15-2011, 12:10 PM Reply   
... what about my concern of a blown fuse (I assume it had a fuse) leaving me without any info?

... what about me trying to take a board out of the rack from the drivers seat, it slips and hits the screen - smashed. Before that whoops cost me $50 for a set of new gauges, now what, a few thousand?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-15-2011, 12:12 PM Reply   
It's not like I've never met someone who was having trouble with their Mac or Iphone..... and they were incredibly frustrated because they couldn't get it to work....... gadgets go bad, doesn't mean they shouldn't be incorporated, but shouldn't be the sole source or option in a case like this
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-15-2011, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
... what about my concern of a blown fuse (I assume it had a fuse) leaving me without any info?

... what about me trying to take a board out of the rack from the drivers seat, it slips and hits the screen - smashed. Before that whoops cost me $50 for a set of new gauges, now what, a few thousand?
you probably shouldn't go outside of the house - you may catch an airborne virus.

you shouldn't drive - some lunatic may be doing 150mph into your car while stopped at a red light.

I think you're talking some unrealistic measures here.. Dropping a ****ing wakeboard ont your dash on your $100k boat? really?

I'm sure Natique is smart enough to figure out how to not have a "fuse blown on the water" issue.. Give them some credit..

LOL @ all of the guys who think LINC is just some piece of crap software that someone start up put together overnight for Natique...

"I decided not to spend $100k on this boat becauase I was worried a fuse might blow on the water"..

k
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-15-2011, 12:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm sure Natique is smart enough to figure out how to not have a "fuse blown on the water" issue.. Give them some credit..
MC wasn't smart enough to design a tower that doesn't look they stole it from a 4-year old's drawing class....

Quote:
"I decided not to spend $100k on this boat becauase I was worried a fuse might blow on the water"..
Maybe its just me, but lets say I have a 100k budget for a wakeboard .... that thing better be PERFECT. Someone as small as a stupid fuse issue would be a deal breaker at 100k. I'm not in any position to buy a boat that expensive, but even shopping on my 35k budget, I'm effin' picky. Its the little things that make you hate this or that.... they drive you bonkers after a while. If that screen dies - I'm stuck with nothing or spending +$1,000

The touchscreen/nav system on my car that controls EVERYTHING is annoying as ****.... looks really nice and fancy, but if I want something done quickly and or to last - give me analog. I want to change fan speed on the AC, its push climate, select me speed, another button to return to where I was.... my civic, I cranked on a little knob (thats what she said)...

We've taken our old school SAN210 on longer day/weekend trips and always have the "oh ****" box ready - fuses, belts, prop, charger, tools, etc etc etc.... but some people aren't that prepared and/or would have no clue how to trouble shoot that problem. Sure if you spend 100k on a boat whats another $1,000 to have the dealer "diagnois" your problem and replace a fuse (I'm sure there are plenty of people that clueless).... Middle of Shasta, you screen fuse blows because you plug in an Ipod, now you have no ballast, no engine vitals, no radio (donno if that is part of the LINC)... nothing. It would be ****ty

Call me paranoid, call me a cheapskate, call me whatever... but if I drop 100k, it better be bulletproof and perfect for me.

Quote:
you probably shouldn't go outside of the house - you may catch an airborne virus.

you shouldn't drive - some lunatic may be doing 150mph into your car while stopped at a red light.
you shouldn't make analogies.... they don't relate.

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 08-15-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old    readyaimfire            08-15-2011, 1:07 PM Reply   
I'm sure it will work fine, but it just makes me think of the digital gauges they tried in 2001. Long story short, most of those boats have been retrofitted to analog guages. Regardless, this is a really nice boat and I wouldnt hesitate owning it.
Old     (masterDraft)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-15-2011, 1:09 PM Reply   
love this boat. though i too would have preferred CC keep the analog gauges and move the screen to the side (see some 2012 mastercraft models), the overall look and style are great. i've been in and rode behind numerous nautiques and everything is engineered to the passenger/driver/rider. just wish i could afford one.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       08-15-2011, 2:44 PM Reply   
I am in no place to be buying any of these new boats so I don't really know for sure but I am betting that all the boats with analog guages are still controlled by a computer and the same thing can happen to them as the screen.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-15-2011, 2:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
MC wasn't smart enough to design a tower that doesn't look they stole it from a 4-year old's drawing class....

Maybe its just me, but lets say I have a 100k budget for a wakeboard .... that thing better be PERFECT. Someone as small as a stupid fuse issue would be a deal breaker at 100k. I'm not in any position to buy a boat that expensive, but even shopping on my 35k budget, I'm effin' picky. Its the little things that make you hate this or that.... they drive you bonkers after a while. If that screen dies - I'm stuck with nothing or spending +$1,000

The touchscreen/nav system on my car that controls EVERYTHING is annoying as ****.... looks really nice and fancy, but if I want something done quickly and or to last - give me analog. I want to change fan speed on the AC, its push climate, select me speed, another button to return to where I was.... my civic, I cranked on a little knob (thats what she said)...

We've taken our old school SAN210 on longer day/weekend trips and always have the "oh ****" box ready - fuses, belts, prop, charger, tools, etc etc etc.... but some people aren't that prepared and/or would have no clue how to trouble shoot that problem. Sure if you spend 100k on a boat whats another $1,000 to have the dealer "diagnois" your problem and replace a fuse (I'm sure there are plenty of people that clueless).... Middle of Shasta, you screen fuse blows because you plug in an Ipod, now you have no ballast, no engine vitals, no radio (donno if that is part of the LINC)... nothing. It would be ****ty

Call me paranoid, call me a cheapskate, call me whatever... but if I drop 100k, it better be bulletproof and perfect for me.

you shouldn't make analogies.... they don't relate.
You're making ALL kinds of assumptions about the lack of reliability of the screen, the system and the fueses.. you're acting as though you own one and you've blown fuses, been stuck on the water and thrown a wakeboard and a beer bottle through the screen.

all hypotheticals that in reality- you have NO basis for. You don't know about what Natique has put into place as measures to address this.. You're tlaking completely bilind.

This coming from someone who pretty much hates Natiques.
Old     (spf2275)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-15-2011, 2:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
You're making ALL kinds of assumptions about the lack of reliability of the screen, the system and the fueses.. you're acting as though you own one and you've blown fuses, been stuck on the water and thrown a wakeboard and a beer bottle through the screen.

all hypotheticals that in reality- you have NO basis for. You don't know about what Natique has put into place as measures to address this.. You're tlaking completely bilind.

This coming from someone who pretty much hates Natiques.
Don't forget bash Mastercraft in a thread about Nautique's. Classic!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-15-2011, 3:23 PM Reply   
Sick!!!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-15-2011, 4:02 PM Reply   
If Nautique is so sure that this LINC system will be flawless and charge 100k, then why don't they have a longer warranty period on the LINC system from the rest of the boat to truly prove its durability, quality, etc. I mean remember when Nautique had lifetime hull warranties on the classic 210s? That was a real assurance for owners.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-15-2011, 4:24 PM Reply   
Boat looks great, I personally like the tower and the bird too.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       08-15-2011, 4:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
For $100k+ boat - I wish they would throw on like $500 worth of nice looking wheels on the trailer..

Great looking boat.. Lose the add on Affliction carpet and I'll take it.

Ouch....i just "upgraded" to these wheels from my old rusting chrome modulars.....oh well I like
'em on my trailer....pretty big improvement.
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-15-2011, 6:42 PM Reply   
The LINC system is not for everyone, but there must be enough demand for it since pretty much all manufacturers are offering a variation of it. We chose not to get it on our 09, instead we ordered a standard optioned boat and added only the options we wanted on it. Keep in mind most people spending this kind of money on a boat see these options as a novelty item and have to have the best and newest on everything. Others just like the function of being able to set all the presets, push a button and go. I know in our situation my wife would love it because it would make pulling me mindless, all she would have to worry about is actually driving. There are pros and cons, I do think it is pretty brave having it be the only dash component though.

Last edited by cedarcreek216V; 08-15-2011 at 6:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-15-2011, 6:55 PM Reply   
Not diggin' it. Hate the dash and throttle, as well as the tower. The carpet is ghetto, but an option like you said. The rest is nice but doesn't jump out as great styling.

If you ask me they need to bring back sharp lines, square windshields, teak and analog gauges. All that aside, as I've said before all that matters on a wake boat is the wake and the pull. I'm sure it delivers so at the end of the day it doesn't really matter if it's ugly... Just needs to do a job. A boat is a tool, like a hammer or a wrench. When I'm riding I don't particularly notice what mine looks like and I can't see the dash.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-15-2011, 7:32 PM Reply   
-simple classic base gelcoat scheme
-nice interior design that has a full wrap around
-vinyl looks very classy, high end but with not too much going on like mastercraft.
-ability to move/change the interior to watch riders.
-color matched tower
-snap in carpet
-design of bow and where the cupholders/speakers are

dislikes
-douche baggie looking graphic on the side of boat
-overall looks of tower and how the accessories look on it.
-off center lcd screen, it looks weird off center like it is and I would just rather have analog gauges. They are more simple, easier to replace and just look better. I can see having a screen somewhere off to the side as long as you have analog gauges for speed, rpm, fuel, oil pressure, water temp.
-shallow seat bases. The seat backs look tall enough but the seats look close to the floor.
-skinnny/low helm seat. I am a big guy and would rather have a roomy seat that is higher off the floor.
-PRICE-I am assuming this is a 90k+ boat when you have bimini, racks, tower speakers, heater, cover, etc... It is a nice boat but there is no way in hell it is worth 30k more then an MB. Not to mention to it has a small stock ballast system.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-15-2011, 7:43 PM Reply   
Whats up with the handrail off to the side in the back port side? Don't tell me its to assist you out of the water.
Old     (gregtay)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-15-2011, 9:24 PM Reply   
Simple reason to still have analog gauges (and yes... i understand that the analog gauges are really digital and they are run by the same computer as the screen)... when crusing around at night the screen (even on it's dimmest setting) is too bright... on my 'bu I can turn off the screen entirely (press the dim button on the mux panel a few times) and the screen turns off but my gauges are still light up... allows me to cruise at night and have my eyes adjust to the darkness (and i still have some gauges to reference.)
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-15-2011, 11:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
...as I've said before all that matters on a wake boat is the wake and the pull. I'm sure it delivers so at the end of the day it doesn't really matter if it's ugly... Just needs to do a job. A boat is a tool, like a hammer or a wrench.
If it's really all about the wake and the pull, why all the extra crap? This boat is not a tool. It is a fashion statement that happens to pull riders. You don't need to spend $100k to get a gool pull with a great wake.

Just like a Rolex is not really a watch. It's a piece of jewlery that happens to tell time.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-15-2011, 11:58 PM Reply   
If I could have these gauges and this wheel and tower on a new 210 I'd be all over one
Attached Images

Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-16-2011, 12:53 AM Reply   
I don't worry so much about the reliability of the screen. The nav systems in my car never freeze or cause issues. But I still don't like it in a boat and would never buy it. First of all, it's ugly. All the bare dash space in front of the driver is not pleasing to the eye. The helm just looks unfinished.

But there is an even bigger issue... Having all the functions tied up in the screen is CRAZY. Here's what I mean. Having every function on a screan means there is probably a myriad of menus and different screens to navigate through in order to perform simple tasks that used to be one switch. For example, how many times would I have to tap the screen to turn on the heater? If it's more than once, it's a fail.

Honeslty, imagine if Mercedes made a car with no knobs or switches inside... just a screen. To flip the turn signal you have to tap the nav screen four times. The cruise control requires five taps to set.

Let's compare it to digital cameras (another hobby of mine). In the entry-level point-and-shoot models (e.g. Nikon Coolpix), most of the adjustments are made through a series of menus on the screen. Nikon knows that most consumers who buy entry level DSLRs are going to use the "dummy" mode 99% of the time. Most don't even know how or why you'd ever change shutter spead, aperture, or auto focus mode. So Nikon hides all that stuff. However, as you move up into the higher end DSLR cameras (e.g. Nikon D3x), there are hard buttons all over the body of the camera so that the photographer can easily and quickly change any and all variables to achieve the desired result. If Nikon burried all that stuff in a menu, all those serious Nikon photographers would become Canon photographers the next day. Bottom line, I don't want my "high-end" boat to feel like a Nikon Coolpix. For $100K it should be more like a D3x.

If this boat was $50K, I wouldn't buy it just because of the screen. The fact that it costs 2x that is insulting. But you know what they say... "a fool and his money are soon parted."
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-16-2011, 6:46 AM Reply   
^^^^ What DBC said! End discussion.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-16-2011, 7:41 AM Reply   
Whats up with the handrail off to the side in the back port side? Don't tell me its to assist you out of the water.
Old     (masterDraft)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-16-2011, 7:49 AM Reply   
of those that have commented on the screen, has anyone actually used it? i recall when bmw's idrive came out (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IDrive), it was widely criticized for many of the reasons mentioned above (navigation, number of "clicks"). however, after a couple of iterations, the system is widely accepted and a similar mechanism has been adopted by mercedes, lexus, etc. nautique's linc has been around for a couple years, and with 14 side buttons, it may be easy to accomplish what you're looking to do. count the buttons or switches you have available today on your boat and you may find it's about the same number. so frequent tasks may be readily available, where less common tasks (nav lights, docking lights, etc.) maybe be a couple clicks away. i haven't touched a linc system yet and wondering how owners feel about the system.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-16-2011, 8:06 AM Reply   
Bevan - exactly!!!!
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-16-2011, 8:10 AM Reply   
Good eye Jo. That is ugly. It looks like it might be helpful to get in the boat when its on the trailer. I wonder if you can order it without the handrail?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-16-2011, 9:06 AM Reply   
I had the LINC system in my 2010 230. I'm not sure what has changed for 2012, but here are my thoughts:

1. I had no problems with my screen - in that it did not break, scratch, etc. I also never heard of any problems being fixed by my friend's dealership

2. I hated the fact that it is not touch screen. You had to push buttons off to the the side of the screen. Perhaps the non-touch screen is more reliable than a touch screen display, but if I'm going to have to push a bunch of buttons, just give me toggle switches.

3. I did not like how almost everything was integrated into one display on my 230. When I wanted to change sources for the radio, I had to toggle over two screens (which lagged a few seconds between each screen), and then find the source button and punch it once or twice depending on the source I wanted (slight lag between commands and execution). It took me 20 seconds of looking at a screen to do what took me 2 seconds to do when I had a standard remote in the driver's area connected to the radio. I had the same problems when trying to change speed settings on the zero off, check ballast fill levels, switch to the gps screen, etc. etc. etc. The absolute worst part of the LINC system for me was trying to explain how to work it to the other people on my boat when I wanted to take a set. If I was riding and I wanted to change the speed for some reason, and the driver was not familiar with my boat, I basically had to take my board off and get in the boat, toggle to the right screen, change the speed myself, and get back in the water. All this complex technology just makes it that much harder for the non-owner boater (or non-tech savy wives) to understand how to work everything or even feel comfortable operating the boat.

4. The standard gauges that I had on my dash are much much much easier to glance at and see speed/rpms than looking into a screen in the sun.

5. The screen was sometimes hard to see during the day due to glare

6. The screen sometimes made it hard to see while running at night. A lot of times, I put a hat over the screen at night to I didn't ruin my night vision.

7. The gps was VERY helpful for staying in the channel in unfamiliar waterways and finding coves off of the channel at night.

All in all, I do not miss having a screen in my current boat. I use gps on my iphone to navigate at night when I need a map.

I'm not trying to hate on this 210. I'm sure the visibility issues I had seeing the screen or seeing at night are the same regardless of whether we are talking, BU, MC, CC or Tige. The wake behind the 210 is one of my absolute most favorite wakes ever. The 210 drives very very well. It is a solid boat, a very well built boat. All I'm saying is that, after my experiences with the LINC system, if I were to buy another 210, I would probably buy a non-team edition with the standard gauges.

Last edited by chattwake; 08-16-2011 at 9:08 AM.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-16-2011, 9:15 AM Reply   
^^^ my suspicions confirmed.

The part about nobody else being able to operate the boat is another strike against it.

So is the plastic glove box cover with the exposed hinges... cheap looking.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-16-2011, 9:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post

The part about nobody else being able to operate the boat is another strike against it.

I like that glove box better then the all billet mastercraft glove box.

Also, good points by Chatt on everythign being controlled thorugh the screen. I like the idea of setting the PP to my speed before I get in the water and telling the drive that if I want to go faster or slower just push the corresponding arrow.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-16-2011, 9:31 AM Reply   
> Honeslty, imagine if Mercedes made a car with no knobs

The new FORD "touch" system is criticized for this. For example, you have to travel down a bunch of menus to adjust the seat heaters. Yuk.

Could someone explain the advantage of screen/panel in a wake boat?
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-16-2011, 9:48 AM Reply   
"So is the plastic glove box cover with the exposed hinges... cheap looking"

That aint plastic.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-16-2011, 10:06 AM Reply   
My suspicion as to why companies are going the screen route is that screens are actually not that expensive to produce and install; however, the perception is that they are a big expensive upgrade to analog gauges and switches. Accordingly, companies get away with charging more for something that's no more expensive to produce/install than all of the standard gauges, switches, buttons, etc. that are replaced by the screen.
Old     (Donski)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-16-2011, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stxr_racer View Post
If I could have these gauges and this wheel and tower on a new 210 I'd be all over one
I couldn't agree with you more.
Old     (05sante)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-16-2011, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
What's with the bird?
The Griffin is part of Nautique's founding family crest. Its been an optional graphic for Nautiques for a few years now in one form or another. The Griffin is just a lot more in your face for the '11-'12 models.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-16-2011, 10:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
"So is the plastic glove box cover with the exposed hinges... cheap looking"

That aint plastic.
Do tell then... What is it??
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-16-2011, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
.9999 Gold, thats why the boat is 100k
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-16-2011, 10:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nnot migs but it looks like fiberglass that is gelcoated.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-16-2011, 10:43 AM Reply   
I think this maybe the best dash layout I've seen - especially for 2012

SC really hit a home run this year with their boats
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-16-2011, 10:54 AM Reply   
fiberglass that is gelcoated - Exactly
Old     (masterDraft)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-16-2011, 10:54 AM Reply   
thanks chattwake. now i'm wondering if what, if any, changes were made for 2012
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-16-2011, 11:08 AM Reply   
Nautique is pretty good about updating their software, so they may have pepped up the processing speed of the LINC system and gotten rid of some of the lag I experienced. I'd be interested in seeing a youtube video of someone navigating through the 2012 LINC screen menues.

Personally, I like the griffin logo. I think if this boat was all black, with a black tower, z5 and blacked out trailer, more people would like the logo. Maybe not.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-16-2011, 11:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
fiberglass that is gelcoated - Exactly
Maybe so... But it still looks cheap. Hide the hinges at least.
Old     (masterDraft)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-16-2011, 12:15 PM Reply   
for those that care to read more about LINC....

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...e-future/page2

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...-linc-question (note the change in LINC stereo volume from 2001 to 2012. also note the shortcut to mute the stereo. if liek many others, i could be much more efficient on my mac if i knew all the pad strokes/shortcuts)
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-16-2011, 12:40 PM Reply   
A MFD is an OK thing to do -- a way to integrate more functionality. But, some things should be kept seperate and simple.

What Supra did seems fair. Keep speed/tach/temp/gas/oil out in the open.
Old     (Erkoehler)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-16-2011, 12:59 PM Reply   
I found the nautique system much easier to navigate than the Supra system. I was just on the 242 last night.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-16-2011, 1:26 PM Reply   
"Maybe so... But it still looks cheap. Hide the hinges at least. "

Have you seen it in person? If you did, i doubt youd think that. Looks much better IMO than a piece of tin and a plastic latch.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-16-2011, 1:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
It works great to get on the platform when the boat is on the trailer.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-16-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
It works great to get on the platform when the boat is on the trailer.
Maybe it is so chicks can grab and lean their arse into the water to go pee? "what are you doing back there? Just checking the prop"
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-16-2011, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:

Yea right.Its a plastic glove box cover that's about 3/4'' thick and gel coated with a gas ram to hold it up.
Have you ever been in a 210?
Old    readyaimfire            08-16-2011, 1:56 PM Reply   
Im know this has been posted before, but I bet these guys would make a killing if they brought back the old 210 hull as a price point boat. I loved my 2001 San. Simple clean lines and a Sick wake. I ran it 1000+ hours with not one major issue. I know a few buddies who would buy one again too. I know it's a small boat in today's world of wide boats with tons of free board, but still a classic. In the very least they could throw some of the old styling cues in these boats to bridge the gap, ala chevy with the new camaro. U could tell a nautique from a mile away with the old school slant back. This is making me feel old! Haha
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-16-2011, 1:57 PM Reply   
i am amazed at the comments by people that have never looked at , owned or even been in a Nautique. Nautique builds high end custom boats designed to perform flawlessly for many years after the warranty goes out . They DONT use cheap anything . And here's a news flash you can get one way under the 100k you talk about.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-16-2011, 2:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yea right.Its a plastic glove box cover that's about 3/4'' thick and gel coated with a gas ram to hold it up.
Have you ever been in a 210?
Sounds just like my 210

Quote:
i am amazed at the comments by people that have never looked at , owned or even been in a Nautique. Nautique builds high end custom boats designed to perform flawlessly for many years after the warranty goes out
Knock on wood, our 210 has been awesome concerning big issues, but it certain has had its fair share of little failures
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-16-2011, 2:13 PM Reply   
You guys are making me laugh. I guess I am the fool parted with his money since I am selling our 2009 210 to upgrade to a 2012 210 Coastal.

The LINC version 2 is WAY improved over the original, not that is was bad. The new one is like going from version 1 to 5 and they skipped versions 2-4. You don't have to go through multiple screens to get what you want. There are single buttons that control almost every function via soft keys. Want to turn on the heater? Hit the button. Everyone has an opinion of course but give me this cluster of flip switches on that Supra any day. Also, if you want a 2012 210 with the analog gauges you can get it. I don't see what the big deal is.

Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-16-2011, 3:01 PM Reply   
That's a sharp dash. I'd take it.

"Good eye Jo. That is ugly. It looks like it might be helpful to get in the boat when its on the trailer. I wonder if you can order it without the handrail?"

Haven't those handrails been on Nautiques for a long time? They're on my 2005. And yes they are useful.

I find them good for 2 different things. Catching the boat when it coasts past you. And then giving me a handhold when perhaps leaning over the swim platform, like lifting gear or an anchor. But no, I've never seen anyone use them to board the swim platform.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-16-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
Glad to hear they updated the LINC system. Like I said, my experience was limited to the 2010 system. It looks beautiful in the show room, and maybe if I didn't stare at a computer screen or read microscopic text all day, my eyes would be good enough to get all the information I need off of one screen without having to squint and search.

I will say this about the nautiques I owned, they were very very well put together. On my 230's, every bolt, nut and screw was tight. Every seam matched perfectly. There were no loose threads, mislaid pieces of carpet, or dangling wires. All of the finish pieces fit well together. The glovebox lid is super beefy - much nicer than what is in my 2011 Axis. The boat doesn't squeek, rattle or shake. You can tell when you are in a nautique that, when it was built, the guys at the factory took their time and knew what they were doing. There will always be a place in my heart for nautique boats - especially the 210. The reasons I don't own a 210 are: (1) I need more space than that boat offers, (2) no plug n play from the factory (I helped install a piggie back system in a 230 and it was a nightmare), (3) I don't like the fact that, with a z5 on the fct5 tower, you are extremely limited on aftermarket tower speakers, and (4) I think that the 210's have just gotten too damn expensive so they are harder to flip on a yearly basis.

For someone who has a smaller crew, doesn't care about putting a huge monster wetsounds system in their boat, doesn't feel the absurd need to run a boat with an extra 3k in it like I do, and plans to sit on a boat for a long time, a 210 is one hell of a boat if you have the cash. Just my .02.

A screen would not keep me from buying a 210, but I can't justify extra cost for it over a boat without one.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-16-2011, 3:10 PM Reply   
Like the boat, Like the griffon( actually think it's one of better wake boat graphics out there) , hate the tower, always want analog gauges no matter what. The screen is pretty bad ass, but I never trust anything computer based in a marine enviroment. If it goes out I want analog gauges
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       08-16-2011, 3:16 PM Reply   
The Supra dash is very well laid out but what is with all the switches that will break?