Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-10-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
anyone tried smaller fins on the faction besides what come on it? i really wanna try this --
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-10-2007, 7:25 PM Reply   
Is the faction a good board. from the other C-Dubbs Ive ridden theyve been a waste of money, and they put the faction in thier catalogue as an entry level board, is it?
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-10-2007, 7:32 PM Reply   
hey- i dont really know why its marketed as a entry level board...to me its just a solid good shape which is what many good and experienced riders want....I rode the absolute platinum last year and found it extremely slow on the water and it felt as if there was about 10lbs more pressure on the line...i was coming from an obrien player which is very fast. However, i liked the pop of the absolute. The faction although a continuous rocker (first continuous i have EVER rideen) doens't seem to ride too different form a 3 stage. It still has good pop and is very fast. I just wish it wasn't so locked in the water from the size of the fins
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-10-2007, 8:29 PM Reply   
I've got two friends who are not beginners & they swear by the board. They also both ride it with the smaller Absolute fins. According to them it helps a ton and really makes the board a little more vertical and less edgy. Trevor, try a newer Absolute, Transcend, Marius or Faction, they are certainly not trash. My buddy on the Faction was trying batwings to blind so I guess its not a beginners board. As I recall CWb doesn't market it as beginner, its marketed as a team board. One which all the riders (& I mean ALL) have a say in the shape.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-10-2007, 8:34 PM Reply   
I just picked up the Faction yesterday, I can't wait to try it out, looks like it should be a sweet board