Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       02-16-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
I am looking for reviews from people who have ridden behind a fully weighted 2007 and newer super air 210. I mean standard ballast, plus at least another 1,000 lbs...preferrably 1,500+ lbs. I am looking to possibly purchase one of these and I weight my boats down quite a bit. Can anyone give a good review of this wake when weighted and compare it to any other boats when weighted? I'm coming from a older 210 with about 2100 lbs. in it and I know the new one won't be as steep, but I don't want to be disappointed in the wake compared to my previous boat. Thanks a lot!
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-16-2010, 7:49 PM Reply   
I have ridden one with stock ballast and about 5 guys in it. I thought the wake was awesome! Had a lot of pop to it like the old 210 but definately didnt have the trough. I am used to the trough but its still nice not having one. I got pretty comfortable behind it and then finally just unleashed and railed into it really hard, got booted way into the flats and really high. Definately didnt punch through the wake. Was a TON of fun. Everyone in the boat said it was huge. If I could buy anyboat right now that would probably be my choice, unless I won the lottery then I would get a 230...and a 210
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-16-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
I've ridden an 08 210 with 1760 pounds of lead, factory & driver only.

The wake is very different from the old 210. Much more "modern" style wake, longer transition, no trough and wider table. Wake was super solid and beefy but not overly tall. Definitely fun but 1760 over stock in the old 210 would be a lot more scary (In a good way).
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-16-2010, 8:24 PM Reply   
The wake will definitely be wider than your older SAN. I have a friend I ride with that has an 01 SAN, we have never had as much weight in it yet as I have had in mine (08). I really like my wake and I think its pretty versatile. I will say sometimes I cant get it as small as I would like for beginners. I do think the 08 wake is bigger than the older SAN at any point when the boats are weighted the same. It is not quite as steep, but you can add more to the back of the new hull and get it really steep if you would like.

When we are riding with weight in the boat its usually factory ballast plus about 220 Lbs in lead, 5-600 lbs Sack up front, 350's on each side of the engine, and a few people in the main cabin of the boat. I would say in total its about 2500-3000 lbs. It is super firm and you can charge it really hard without worrying about breaking through. I ride 75-80 ft and around 23.5-24 mph.

I think it has a really nice that could be compared in shape somewhat to a Malibu with the power wedge. Its not quite as wide as the bu but the Nautique definitely has more kick at the top than a Malibu. Have not rode a x-star so I cant comment on them.

I really dont think you would be disappointed in the wake behind the new 210. Everyone who has ridden with me liked the wake and the boat itself is really roomy and reliable.
Old     (justsan)      Join Date: May 2009       02-16-2010, 10:00 PM Reply   
I have an 07 210 Team, Love it.
I ride stock plus the following set up:
600lbs of lead in he bow
440 sac's on each side of the engine
2 75 lbs bars midship on each side
23.2mph @ 75, or 24mph @ 80
3-6 people in the boat
Like Shaun said, and if you miss the vertical lip/kick of the old SAN hull, just add more weight to the stern and you're set! It's a great hull, and IMO one of the only you can truly tailor the wake to your liking depending on weight placement.
*just make sure you get/have the power prop or one similar in size and you're set.

Transition is much wider than the old hull, and the trough is a little deeper.
Mostly ridden behind SAN's, but I really like a loaded MC X1 and loaded VLX -but with both I was always disappointed with the thickness of the wake and kick (lip), the 07 + SAN hull doesn't lack these at all.
Every single person that rides behind my boat finishes up their set with a huge smile and usually a "wow", and loves it...don't listen to anyone else though, go demo one.

Good luck!
Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-17-2010, 7:37 AM Reply   
I have the 99 super air so I love the steep wakes. My buddy has an 07 super air and I love the wake. He puts the extra bags in the back and in the bow area. Its my favorite wake to ride behind. It still is a firm wake with lots of pop.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-17-2010, 9:00 AM Reply   
I ride pretty regularly behind an 08 with stock + 6 - 8 people and think it is one of the best wakes out there. It does not need a ton of weight over stock to have some meat there and stays pretty clean and firm through a variety of weight configurations. The only times I wish it had supplemental ballast is when there are fewer than 5 or so people in the boat. Like others have said, it is a more friendly wake / table with less lip than the SANs of yesteryear, but plenty of vert kick. I doubt you will be disappointed, especially with the much improved seating and storage.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       02-17-2010, 11:19 AM Reply   
heres 2 pics of my 210 wake with around 1000 - 1200 above stock.
Upload
Upload