Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (osukellen)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-10-2012, 9:05 PM Reply   
I would definitely not recommend Star One Wake or Brett Burrows. Reputation is key in this industry and they/he have done nothing but fail in this area. I have been trying to order parts for 2 months and have made 6 calls to Brett to get them, and talked to him personally each time. Each time it has been "one of his guys mistakes"...each time his response is, quote, "Let me give you a call right back, 15 minutes tops". Not one call back. Lost my number every time I talked to him. I was in a time crunch to get parts for a trip and obviously he didn't come through. Hopefully he learns how to run a proper business.

Companies like this are a dime a dozen, and they will learn soon enough that it takes customer service, not parts/prices to make or break a business.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-10-2012, 9:21 PM Reply   
What type of parts did you get the run around over?
Old     (osukellen)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-10-2012, 9:41 PM Reply   
The urgent needs were for bimini parts so that we could take a trip with a baby on board. Less urgent needs were speakers and several accessories (lights/racks), that were never important enough to get around to. I like to support people who support the "boarding community", but I could go down the road 15 miles and get parts for a little less or equal to these. Ridiculous how anyone thinks they can run a company these days.

Oh well, guess they will find out soon enough the internet doesn't make up for the lack of service they provide.
Old     (chris_b)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-11-2012, 7:54 AM Reply   
I had a not so pleasant experience as well. I ordered a close out bimini, and asked up front how much shipping would be ($160). When I got the bimini it was $320 for shipping. Called and emailed them for the reason it was more, no replies. Will not ever do business there again!!!
Old     (osukellen)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-11-2012, 10:06 AM Reply   
Chris, I have a feeling that there are more that have the same experiences we have. I don't think a business should operate this way, thus the reason for this post.

If I were you I would dispute the charge with your credit card company.
Old     (badhabit)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-11-2012, 10:15 AM Reply   
What a bummer.

I was going to have them build me a tower in a couple of months. Anyone have a good story?
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-11-2012, 10:38 AM Reply   
I'd have to agree. Ordered ski and wake racks. First set was the wrong size, got a hold of Brett and sent them back. Finally had to call him about 8 weeks later to check in on them. He was clueless about them at first. Finally found them, thought they had shipped weeks ago. The product is very good, but the organization around the shop seems horrible.
Old     (osukellen)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-11-2012, 10:55 AM Reply   
Yes, I am not complaining about the product. I am sure it is a great product, but the service is very much lacking.
Old     (krt)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-11-2012, 8:35 PM Reply   
I ordered some vinl coated surf/wake combo forks for my 210 this past week. Got them in a couple days. No issues at all with Brett.
Old     (chris_b)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-12-2012, 6:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by osukellen View Post
Chris, I have a feeling that there are more that have the same experiences we have. I don't think a business should operate this way, thus the reason for this post.

If I were you I would dispute the charge with your credit card company.
The product was great. I just have a problem being lied to about a price that was quoted. I knew I would not get any replies, because I have all my emails saved from them.
Old     (osukellen)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-12-2012, 7:42 AM Reply   
I have problems with that too Chris. I would still dispute the extra shipping costs that were added without your knowledge, especially if you have email proof that they charged double what you were quoted.
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       03-12-2012, 2:22 PM Reply   
Attack the company if you will but please hold back the personal attacks, I just work here I am not the owner, boss or decision maker I relay the issues and push my hardest to get them resolved. I sent a couple you you PM's so check them and help me help you..
Old     (osukellen)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-12-2012, 3:30 PM Reply   
The last PM you sent me was January 20th. I have been calling and emailing since...remember the guy who called you 5-6 times the past 2 weeks, and each time you said "give me 15 minutes to call you back, tops". I didn't personally attack you, just stated facts based on customer service I had received. Nothing personal, and my apologies if it came off that way.

I just believe others should be aware of the service I received.
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       03-13-2012, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_b View Post
I had a not so pleasant experience as well. I ordered a close out bimini, and asked up front how much shipping would be ($160). When I got the bimini it was $320 for shipping. Called and emailed them for the reason it was more, no replies. Will not ever do business there again!!!
Chris,

I had pulled your info and I have given you a call to get this issue taken care of.. Give me a call back and I will get a check out to.. Thanks
Old     (Capt_Moe)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-13-2012, 1:28 PM Reply   
We all have issues that pop up on us once in a while. Brett is trying to get things done for us and the industry. Don't flame him for that on the internet. Give him a call.

I have been ordering parts and towers from Titan/Starone for a while now. Remember Katie, Rocky, Luke? I remember getting a tower delivered from UPS and the tower was bent in multiple directions by UPS. The customer was getting ready for his trip that was later that week. He had to take one last trip without a tower but he did not want to accept a bent tower. Things happen.

Star one makes some great products in my opinion. I will keep using them. I know the process takes time and I am willing to wait. I don't want it rushed out half azzed.

I think Brett and Starone have had a lesson on hard knocks. I think it will better him as well as the company.
Just sayin.