Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-04-2008, 10:43 PM Reply   
So my little brother picked up an 08 Ronix One the other day that has Ronix written in gold on the bottom. I didn't think much of it until I started noticing that every ad for the 08 One has Ronix in silver/grey across the bottom. It obviously isn't a big deal or anything but does anyone know what's up with that?
Old    dabigkahuna            06-05-2008, 12:40 AM Reply   
I don't know what's up with that, but I got a gold one...Maybe I'm one of the chosen!
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-05-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
maybe its like the golden board that lets you into the secret ronix factory where lil umpa lumpas dance and sing and assemble boards with beer fountains instead of chocolate fountains.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-05-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
I have seen some with the Gold Ronix in mags lately. The Midas One is pretty sweet if you haven't seen it yet. http://www.perfski.com/ Scroll down.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-05-2008, 10:17 AM Reply   
i think all the 08 are gold
Old     (dan_k)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-05-2008, 11:22 AM Reply   
its because the 137 is in silver and the 142 is in gold i was so confused at first :-)
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-05-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
Ohhhh that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up Dan
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-05-2008, 7:43 PM Reply   
Nice Dan!!!
Old     (phil06140)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-05-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
whats the deal with the midas?
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-05-2008, 8:59 PM Reply   
I think they made about 7 or 8 and they are all 137's.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-08-2008, 5:31 AM Reply   
On the base Graphics...I was told by Paul @ Ronix they just rotated them on boards....Honestly it caught me by surprise too as we had a customer point it out to us. The Midas Boards were a really limited run. We have 7 that we are going to sell in August...and have 1 that the Pat Panakos of the Projects will have. I think they may do some contest with it. The only others I know about are two at the factory. On on display the other in R & D. FYI...Radar is doing their "Ticket to Ride....Ride Radar" contest where you can actually go ride with their team riders and hang out at Radar. Any one who has purchased any Ronix product from us in 2008 can possibly win. We will be sending out notices via email newsletter when we put the 7 Midas boards up for sale. Also worked with Liquid to do some Platinum Watsons with the Grind Base. Those will be hitting in about a week. Theres a giveaway that will be going on in conjunction with the board release also! This will go out in an email letter also. They are cool in that Watson Signed all the boards...and on the 38's, they are numbered and initaled by Jimmy Redmond at the factory.

They also did 6 of these boards in a 142...we've had so many people ask for Watson's Rasta limited board in a bigger size..but Liquid only did 38's with the grind base. These 6 are sure to go as so
many cable riders have wanted the grind base on a Watson. More later.