Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (macrogpx2)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-13-2007, 7:05 PM Reply   
Well got the bad news from the MRI today, torn lateral meniscus and frayed ACL. I am now in the club of knee injruies from wakeboarding. Just out of curiosity has anyone else had this combo and how tough and long was the road back to full athletic ability? Feel pretty good though, did it first part of June and just started to bother me enough where I thought I should check it out.
Old     (drive139)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-13-2007, 7:23 PM Reply   
you could probably have a scope and just have it cleaned up and be fine. I am going down tomorrow for a torn acl, torn medial meniscus, and torn articluar cartilage
Old     (jphillips271)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-13-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
i just tor my meniscus, its like 15 min surgery and out for 6 weeks.
Old     (phil06140)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-13-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
Well I partially tore my acl and didn't have surgery. Then a few months later the first move I tried to make in a basketball game tore it completely along with some lateral meniscus damage. I had surgery March 9th and was cleared to start back on the water at 6 months. They were able to repair my meniscus but I was zero weight bearing for 6 weeks. Which SUCKED during school (huge campus+crutches= not cool).
My knee feels great though for the most part. I'm still trying to get over being self conscious with it. I had the patella graph, and I still have some tenderness in the patella tendon. But that is about it.

So if you have a partially torn acl I would recommend getting that thing fixed now rather than later. Because if I would have fixed my acl after the partial tear I would not have missed as much time from the water. I could tell a difference in my knees stability very soon after I was weight bearing. Antonio Cromartie has had his acl reconstructed look at him...
Old     (eliotflydog)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-14-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
I tore acl miniscus and PCL and im out for atleast 6 months and had a 3 hr surgery
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-14-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
I agree with Baron. Get the ACL fixed. I did the exact same thing as him. Now is the time of the year and you will riding by next summer. I am 8 weeks after my second (both knees now) and am counting down the days.