Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Collegiate Wakesports

Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-15-2008, 10:28 PM Reply   
Where are collegiate nationals going to be?
Old     (fixer_o_stuff)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-02-2008, 11:28 AM Reply   
The board has not decided yet. I will make sure there is a post once we have all worked it out.
Old     (jeffcanary62)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-02-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
I vote for warm weather, last year was too cold.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-02-2008, 7:45 PM Reply   
Hopefully they post a format since it seems each region had a different one.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-03-2008, 5:21 AM Reply   
Brice - lets get the emails going to the board so we can do the press releases done.

Jeff it will be warmer
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-05-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
my vote goes to Set-X Lake in Beaumont, TX

i ride for LSU and we didn't even qualify this year. but we loved Set X-Lake it was a great tournament spot and it is very spectator friendly. no need for hotels, because you camp out on the lake. regionals was a lot of fun this year mostly due to the location

(Message edited by adamsilcio on December 05, 2008)
Old     (fixer_o_stuff)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-08-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
Sweet, I'll check it out. Since we are still working very closely with CSTV so that the Nationals event will be televised, we work with them and other sports to find locations where multiple events can be hosted so that the nightmare that is TV production (trucks, cameras, etc) can be minimalized while getting the best possible venues for the athletes.
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-09-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
thanks for keeping the love alive in collegiate wakesports. hope to see y'all in texas.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-05-2009, 1:13 PM Reply   
OK, so any official news yet??? Dates??? Loaction???
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-07-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
SAN DIEGO.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-14-2009, 6:56 PM Reply   
Went to San Diego to check out the site. Very protected. Lots of beach. Great viewing. This site will look good on TV. Here are some picsUpload
Upload
Old     (chadricko)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-17-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
I notice there is a ski jump on this lake. Does this mean it is a shallow waterski lake? Is this a potential spot for the tournament or is it the spot? Did anyone check out Marine Stadium.

Other than that I think that the lake looks great and should be fun at this location. If this is the official location for nationals please let everyone know the address right away so we can start making travel arrangements and hotel accomidations for our teams.
Chad M.
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-17-2009, 11:03 AM Reply   
Also, when is this going to be held?
Old     (trevorakers)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-20-2009, 9:07 AM Reply   
what is the rider formation
3 guys
1 girl
1 skate?
Old     (trevorakers)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-23-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   
4 guys
1 girl
2 skate
Old     (bbenj10)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-23-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
Can someone please email me details about this? I'm from Virginia Tech and we qualified for Nationals during the fall but haven't heard any news yet. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian Benjamin
bbenj10@vt.edu

(Message edited by bbenj10 on February 23, 2009)
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-23-2009, 3:36 PM Reply   
Please send me details as well! We qualified 2nd in the Midwest back in October and haven't heard anything since. Dates, and a specific location or area would be excellent so we can start making travel arrangements as well. Thanks,

Tom Pazerunas, IWC President
tpazeru2@illinois.edu
Old     (trevorakers)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-23-2009, 11:20 PM Reply   
Nationals Info:
TO: Regional Directors
Hey guys would you please forward this to all the qualified schools for your region. If you have any question please feel free to email me. This is just the start of the registration process for the schools and will hopefully be completed by the end of march. Please double check to make sure that I have the correct qualified schools.
Thanks,
Fabian Ashley

Hey guys,
First of all, congratulations to all the schools who have qualified for the 2009 Collegiate Wakeboard Nationals!! USA WAKEBOARD and CBS COLLEGE SPORTS are proud to announce that the Collegiate Wakeboard Nationals will be held in San Diego, California, April 16th-19th, 2009. Below is a list of the qualified schools for all five regions. Schools who are participating are asked to respond and register no later than February 28th, 2009. Schools that do not register prior to the deadline will be dropped from nationals therefore entering the wild card entrées into those spots. Attached is the registration form that schools need to return before the deadline. After registration another packet of material for the event will be sent to each school via email including registration fees, itineraries, hotel info, team bio, individual bio, etc. to help coordinate all the schools with our production grew. Also, in order to grow the collegiate wakeboard scene Collegiate Wakeboard Nationals will be a televised event that may require school participation for various parts of the event including background information, photo headshots, team shots, school colors, onsite interviews etc. Please help CBS learn more about the sport of Wakeboarding as well as student athletes from our competitive schools across the country.
Qualified Schools
East

1. UNCW

2. Va. Tech

3. UK

South

1. Texas A&M

2. Univ. of Texas

3. Louisiana Tech

Southeast

1. UF

2. UCF

3. FSU

Mid-West

1. U. Minnesota

2. U. Illionois

3. OSU

West

1. Sac State

2. Chico State

3. Western Washington

Below is also some information regarding the host hotel for Collegiate Wakeboard Nationals. Please be sure to register prior to reserving your hotel. Registration Deadline is February 28th, 2009.
Hotel reservations are also available with:
The Hilton San Diego (Mission Valley) Options
901 Camino del Rio South, San Diego, California, United States 92108
Tel: 1-619-543-9000 Fax: 1-619-543-9358
1.) For a rate of $119 a night this includes:

* Breakfast for everyone in the room (up to 4 people)
* 50% off parking which comes to $7 a day
* Free internet in the room
* Free use of the Salano Conference Room
* Private room for breakfasts

2.) For a rate of $99 a night this includes:

* 50% off parking which comes to $7 a day
* Free internet in the room
* Free use of the Salano Conference Room
Old     (trevorakers)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-24-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
I just got the forms and there is
4 guys
2 girls
1 skate

which is bad because we dont have many girls
I fw the forms and e mail to you 2 due the 28
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-24-2009, 4:15 PM Reply   
I've called for reservations. The Hilton (Mission Valley) has no idea who we are or what group we are with. No arrangements have been made by CBS or the CWA for the special rates listed above for the teams. Please let us know what our "group name" is once the arrangements have been made so that we can reserve the rooms sometime soon
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-25-2009, 7:01 AM Reply   
Good Job Guy on getting this posted!!!!
Old     (trevorakers)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-25-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
no problem Texas A&m leadership just got passed so I know how hard it is when you dont have contacts.

April 16 sign ups start
April 17 8am riders meeting.
April 18
April 19

They are looking for team flags for CBS 3 by 5

team colors and a lot of team spirit for the cameras

Now back to Stud Statics
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-26-2009, 3:06 PM Reply   
Trevor, is it Western Washington or Central Washington that qualified??
Old     (fixer_o_stuff)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-26-2009, 4:11 PM Reply   
I believe it is Central Washington. Nick Hasich is our contact there and we are confirming it right now.
Old     (trevorakers)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-26-2009, 8:38 PM Reply   
I dont know. I think UNC is running nationals. The number on the entry form is
910-574-0974

next year we should do nationals down in texas its warmer and central.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-02-2009, 12:16 PM Reply   
Still no official word...But hey!! Our team's travel arrangements have been made, so we are gonna have fun in socal whether or not collegiate nationals is a real event!
Old     (hamlin30)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-02-2009, 1:42 PM Reply   
Ya so how about those information emails we were suppose to receive over two weeks ago??? I understand If we are all waiting on somebody above all of us but a courtesy email would be nice too. Pretty poor that we are less than 2 months away from a tourny like this and no one still seems to know what is going on. Come on guys, lets get it together
Old     (fixer_o_stuff)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-03-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
If your team has qualified for Nationals. I.E. you are on the list above. E-mail me at bbennett@csus.edu. I will get you the information. The board does not always check wakeworld. Any teams that did not participate in a regional qualifier but want to next fall please send me all of your contact information at the e-mail above and I will make sure you get all the info.
Old     (hamlin30)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-04-2009, 6:01 AM Reply   
Thank you, I think I actually received an email from you that my captain forwarded to me. So I'm taking it that CSTV or CBS is the reason for the huge hold up on info about the tournament then?
Old     (fixer_o_stuff)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-04-2009, 10:16 AM Reply   
I'm really not going to point fingers anywhere. I'm all about problem solving and making sure things don't happen twice :-) So any issues or questions you have shoot to me at bbennett@csus.edu.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-04-2009, 11:24 PM Reply   
Ok, so thats why they call you the fixer_ O _ stuff!!!! nice!
Old     (fixer_o_stuff)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-06-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
Maybe, I originally earned that one when I was Service manager and lead trouble shooter for West Coast Correct Craft. But I have been able to use it in other aspects of my life.
Old     (jeffcanary62)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-31-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
Just trying to get a feel for who is going, the whole deal this year just seams a little ....off for lack of a better word.

Post up if your teams going
Old     (fixer_o_stuff)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-01-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
Sac, Chico, Long Beach from the west
Old     (lfwake12)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-07-2009, 10:17 PM Reply   
I ride for Florida State, we qualified but unfortunately we won't be able to make it.
Old     (akman)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2009, 8:37 PM Reply   
This time of year you are at the mercy of the wind, if it blows at all even that course will get blown out bad.
Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-16-2009, 4:24 PM Reply   
Anyone know when it will be on the TV or will they be doing a live web cam. So those of us can support and watch our fave riders. ??