Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dags)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-26-2014, 12:50 AM Reply   
im using lyman 2014 but the board is kinda slow. im planing to buy a new one . advice pls? and thanks
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-26-2014, 3:58 AM Reply   
If you want a fast board, I would stick with a continuous rocker. Shredtown is really the goto. The Windsor is also very good, but i can't remember what the rocker is.
Old     (dags)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-26-2014, 5:12 AM Reply   
thanks tom .. any feedback about the new whip ? .. im also curious abt it ..
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-26-2014, 5:31 AM Reply   
Buy my Hooke 146! Awesome board
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-26-2014, 5:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dags View Post
thanks tom .. any feedback about the new whip ? .. im also curious abt it ..

When you go to the website, you'll see that this year they have decided to differentiate their lineup by cable and boat.

http://www.slingshotsports.com/Wakeboards#

So if I were shopping for a cable specific board, I would stick to the ones in the cable lineup. If you want a board that rides faster on the water, stick to those cable boards that have a continuous rocker.

So i don't have any advice on the whip other than that it's not listed as a cable board by slingshot, but as a crossover. So keep that in mind.
Old     (revolutionwake)      Join Date: Sep 2014       09-29-2014, 11:08 AM Reply   
I have a 2013 Slingshot Kine that has never been used.

A buddy of mine has the 2012 model and loves it. If you're interested let me know. jessebmarr@gmail.com
Old     (Dissociative)      Join Date: Nov 2013       09-29-2014, 8:49 PM Reply   
The Windsor and Shredtown are their top cable boards. The Reflex is a good cheaper alternative too.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-29-2014, 9:22 PM Reply   
Do you just want to press, do air tricks, overall everything?
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-30-2014, 1:37 PM Reply   
random question: will 2014 hyperlite systems work with a slingshot? I know they use different hardware now than on the old boards and the holes might not line up
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-30-2014, 1:40 PM Reply   
They should work, you'll need to use the slingshot inserts and screws, but other than that not a problem. FYI, some Hyperlite boards also use a fastrack-style binding mount.