Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-25-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
The shredtown crew, aaron rathy, kaesen suyderhoud, aj racinelli, and bob sichel are doing a winch trip from TX to FL and need some spots for the trip. Do yall know any good winch spots in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama or Georgia???

Let us know. And send pics or coordinates from google maps. Thanks. CH.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-25-2009, 8:00 PM Reply   
No cajuns out here have anything they're willing to share in LA??
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-25-2009, 8:14 PM Reply   
The dam that broke in NO.... get that 1st degree felony you've been warned with
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-25-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
Terrible haha. I know there's got to be some stuff in Baton Rouge, Atlanta has to have something, Mississippi's pretty damn wet, and alabama, well is alabama.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-25-2009, 8:35 PM Reply   
A ton of rain has come through here lately. You might be able to find some good stuff if you hurry.
Old     (breazy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-25-2009, 8:39 PM Reply   
There's plenty here in MS to ride, but I'm trying to think of somplace good to winch lol. Only small lake i can think of is filled with stumps, snakes and god knows what else. Maybe more people will chime in.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-25-2009, 8:41 PM Reply   
Snakes aren't a big deal for the most part, and Caleb we're leaving Sunday I think. We're looking for drops, wallrides, waterfalls, handrails that could possibly be submerged, and anything else gnarly that you see and are like, damn if I was crazy enough, I'd hit that.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-25-2009, 8:44 PM Reply   
I know of a bunch of places in central arkansas, but none in Southern Arkansas/Louisiana. The rain is everywhere though, so I am sure you wont have any problems.
Old     (breazy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-25-2009, 9:09 PM Reply   
lemme holler at Sippi and see if he knows of anywehre close by where we are that you shredtown boys may be interested in. The place i was talking about was about 1.5 hours away, and I don't have time to clear the dam for a winch lol
Old     (overstreet31)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-25-2009, 9:21 PM Reply   
not sure how far north you are coming in the 'sip but have this.....Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-25-2009, 9:26 PM Reply   
keep em coming. overstreet, where are you in mississippi?
Old     (overstreet31)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-25-2009, 9:56 PM Reply   
I am in Kosciusko MS, which is an hour north of Jackson. The pond is located a few miles south of Batesville MS which is most definitely a little out of the way to FL but an awesome spot to spend an entire day none the less.
Old     (breazy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-25-2009, 10:04 PM Reply   
thats a sick setup overstreet lol. as far as i know there's nothing like that in the central area, and unfortunately I can't think of any fountains big enough either lol
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-25-2009, 10:29 PM Reply   
Once you get to central Floida the canal sides are totally do-able and Winter Haven is loaded with them... and the water i think is higher now which would make it much easier...
super low water in the shot though
Upload
Old     (breazy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-26-2009, 4:13 AM Reply   
I remembered this place, Its about a 45 minute ride from where i live. Its a Low Head Dam drop varies depending on water level, but i want to say its around 8-10 ft. It may or not be available due to the river being up, so i'll make a ride out there tomorrow morning if you guys are somewhat interested. If not, I'll talk to another guy down here and if you guys want we could probably get you out behind a boat with a chase boat on some absolutely butter water.

the first picture is an overhead of the dam from google earth, the second picture is what the water looks like on a bad day lol

Upload
Upload
Old     (breazy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-26-2009, 4:15 AM Reply   
I forgot to mention that getting to the dam is close to an hours boat ride after launching and thats on an I/O not a slammed wakeboat lol. Hit me up by email and let me know if you guys are interested and I'll send you my phone number and all and we can talk details
Old     (breazy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-26-2009, 4:56 AM Reply   
stupid non allowing an edit, There's also a few small lakes close to I 20 where some rails and all could possibly be put in, but i'll have to check with the local pd as i can't afford to go to jail, and i don't imagine none of you do either lol. It would also require building stuff and money for building stuff lol.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-26-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
Surprisingly we've got tons of sick spots in Alabama. Kyle Walton lives with us now on Lake Martin... and him, Dieter, Nick V., Horan and others frequent lots of good local spots. The cover of 2 months ago's Alliance was at the Shakespeare festival in Montgomery. If you want some good spots hit me up through email or PM and I'll hook you up... not really down to share in a public forum ;)
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-26-2009, 7:58 AM Reply   
Luker, I'm bout to shoot you an email here in about an hour when I'm fully awake...
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       10-26-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
overstreet, is that the lake my ole miss that Zack used to ride on? he showed me some of his video of a good weekend if that's the same place. Zacks a good friend of mine and we ride all the time around here in jackson. By the way, i know when the boys from Innuendo came through they built some kickers and stuff out at Luckett Lodge to jump the crosswalk. Pretty sweet parts of it in the video. Zack's family owns Luckett Lodge, but i'll get in touch with him and see about some other places. This place right here is my place. The cove out in front of my house. we are planning on building a "rail park" so to speak, like overstreets got and sticking a winch where i'm standing taking this picture. If me and zack can get something built soon ya'll could ride here. Upload
Old     (overstreet31)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-26-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
sippi, Yeah its the same small pond Zach and the ole miss wakeboard crew shredded for the last few years. Jared Couch made a trip down a couple years ago and alliance did a small article on it ....http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/gettin-deep-in-the-deep-south/ That is a sweet setup you have there in the cove..I'm guessing you are on the rez? If so I can bring my winch down sometimes and would be more than glad to help build and fund a small rail setup.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-26-2009, 10:46 AM Reply   
When I lived in Waco, I thought the low water damn on the Brazos had great potential. It's located East of Hwy 77 off Marlin Hwy (Hwy 6/Spur 484), pretty close to Baylor.

Upload
Old     (winchinretention)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-27-2009, 6:48 AM Reply   
I got spots for days here in Atlanta and its surrounding areas. If you have seen were just skiing you have see about a 1/3 of them.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       10-27-2009, 8:26 AM Reply   
yea i thought that looked familiar. he's told me about that spot several times. Our project soon is to build something like that in front of my house. It'd be an awesome place. I'm not actually on the rez but the river just above it. Better riding than the rez. Me zack and brad have been ridin a lot this summer. If you ever make it down this way hit me or zack up and we'll get out and map out the "park" we are going to build and get some riding in.

(Message edited by sippi on October 27, 2009)
Old     (breazy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-30-2009, 6:42 AM Reply   
you shredtown dudes, any updates as to when you guys are heading out and all that?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-30-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
road gap ?! keep in mind the water is about 3 feet down on both sides
Upload
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-30-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
Steven, I'm going to see everyone tonight, and I'll try and get a handle on the schedule and ill let you know. Slayden, I got your message, and I'll hit you up later to, and Luker. It's been a busy week, sorry. Nick, where the hell is that? I've wanted to do a road gap for so long, that's perfect.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-30-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
sorry to tease, its Wisco... i figured it would cause get someone excited, but it is perfect, the far side has water too.... I have wanted to hit it forever too but no one around here has a winch and I am far from ambitious so won't prob won't get built.

here or some more shots of the road

Upload
Upload

Just need a small kicker and the water to be full (Which it is now)
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-30-2009, 9:55 AM Reply   
you dont even need a full on Kicker, just get a piece of plywood and wedge it in and get it wet. And im bummed that's in wisco.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-30-2009, 10:11 AM Reply   
just make the next road trip straight north
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-31-2009, 1:13 PM Reply   
we got a 4 lane road gap across a bayou here on campus at ULM. but its probably a good 8 ft drop on each side. i think you would have to be movin pretty good to clear it.

search desiard st and stadium drive in monroe, LA. you will see it. the red box in the bayou about 200 feet from the road is a ramp for the ski team.... just sayin.