Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (Cpohl)      Join Date: Feb 2016       07-17-2016, 11:17 AM Reply   
Thoughts on home wakeskates and other custom wakeskates. Considering hetting a home wakeskate cause they look sick.
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       07-17-2016, 10:17 PM Reply   
Home skates are fantastic. Great construction and its nice being able to pick your ideal rocker line/weight. With that said, just know they are one off boards and handbuilt so expect a wait time.

Here is a thread on wakeskating.com about them with rider reviews.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-18-2016, 8:25 AM Reply   
I have one that I absolutely love. The customer service sucks though and I was lied to throughout the process. It took me 5 months to finally get it
Old     (nautiqu13)      Join Date: Dec 2000       07-29-2016, 1:42 PM Reply   
I agree with Wakemitch.

It took me 6 months to get my skate, with a serious lack of communication, to discover it was not the board I had ordered. Its been another 6 months and I'm not holding my breath. Having said that, the skate is built well, the graphics are great, and it has the potential to be a great company to support.

If you have lots of patience, money to burn, more patience, a bunch of other boards to ride, and patience, then you might want to consider.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-22-2017, 6:27 PM Reply   
Did these guys already fold? Was hoping to get one built.
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       05-02-2017, 11:56 AM Reply   
I just ordered 1 2 weeks ago. Have yet to receive it :/
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       05-07-2017, 10:07 PM Reply   
We make our own - (well actually my brother made mine ) It's super fun, creative and in my case, it's the best deck I've ever ridden. Mine is VERY simple, but a little shorter & wider. There's something about making & riding your own stuff!
Old     (nautiqu13)      Join Date: Dec 2000       05-25-2017, 2:55 AM Reply   
Reddog78,
Did you really buy one? How were you able to do that?

I love that you said two weeks ago. I know people that waited almost years.

Please, this is not a bash, just a realistic warning. Many people have struggled with Home and Dieter coming through as he has said. Hes a good guy, means well, but taking people's hard earned money and not delivering or communicating at all is wrong. I am blown away he is taking money for new boards.

PM me if you have any other questions.

Last edited by nautiqu13; 05-25-2017 at 2:56 AM. Reason: Misspell
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       05-25-2017, 5:45 AM Reply   
Still don't got it... I I messaged him through fb. Kinda getting strung along as we speak but I 2 part epoxied my favorite board of all time that I broke and been riding the **** out of it. Kinda wished I copped a grain in hindsight.