Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ILikebooty)      Join Date: Mar 2015       06-14-2015, 7:28 PM Reply   
Has anyone ridden these boards and can compare them to a 2014 harley grind. I haven't heard anything about them besides they are pro models for the best riders right now haha
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-15-2015, 6:59 AM Reply   
The O'Brien CTP is a really really fun board to ride. Super fast and super explosive off the wake. I cant speak for the Harley, but I have been riding the CTP and I love it. Like I said its really fast and sets and edge really well, with super aggressive rock it just blasts you off the wake. The shape and the Delta bas really make up for what aggressive 3-stage boards usually lake which is speed. Been a while since I had this much fun riding a board!

Highly suggested!
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-15-2015, 12:28 PM Reply   
i was actually going to ask if any one had ridden the CTP. Was looking at going from a 2013 One but wasn't sure if I would like it as much. I only ride behind a DD ski boat and even weighted up it still doesn't have a big wake so I need a board that really pops. The One does a good job of that but sounds like the CTP won't disappoint.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-15-2015, 2:39 PM Reply   
It's really the most fun I have had on a wakeboard in a long time. Usually 3-stage rocker boards are slow and a lot of work to get on edge, something I have always just put up with because I love the 3-stage po.. The CTP is super quick edge to edge, when you set an edge it just takes of like a rocket at the wake. Then the pop, oh the pop, its a true two footed 3 Stage boot, all the speed it generates is transferred to a straight up, aggressive vertical pop. Really, it reminds me of the pop from old 2000ish Hyperlitet Byerlys but with tons of speed that the old Byerly was lacking.
Old     (djsauer)      Join Date: Feb 2015       06-15-2015, 4:25 PM Reply   
Where do you even find O'brien boards online? Evo.com and boardco.com don't even have them. What other places sell O'brien?
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-15-2015, 6:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
It's really the most fun I have had on a wakeboard in a long time. Usually 3-stage rocker boards are slow and a lot of work to get on edge, something I have always just put up with because I love the 3-stage po.. The CTP is super quick edge to edge, when you set an edge it just takes of like a rocket at the wake. Then the pop, oh the pop, its a true two footed 3 Stage boot, all the speed it generates is transferred to a straight up, aggressive vertical pop. Really, it reminds me of the pop from old 2000ish Hyperlitet Byerlys but with tons of speed that the old Byerly was lacking.
If I didn't know better I would think you were on o'brien's pay roll lol. Na it sounds like it's definitely worth checking that board out
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-16-2015, 7:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanb View Post
If I didn't know better I would think you were on o'brien's pay roll lol. Na it sounds like it's definitely worth checking that board out
Ha, okay so the cats out of the bag, I have been riding for O'Brien for 11 years. But hey that makes me almost an expert on the boards!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-16-2015, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsauer View Post
Where do you even find O'brien boards online? Evo.com and boardco.com don't even have them. What other places sell O'brien?

The CTP sold out super fast! I know that Barts and Overtons have them in stock. But most want to buy from a more core store than those. www.the-house.com has them on back order. I will find out today where you can get one. I do know that Minnesota Inboards has them in stock but they are more of a call and order joint opposed to a website order place. I will find out now and get back to you guys.
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-16-2015, 3:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
Ha, okay so the cats out of the bag, I have been riding for O'Brien for 11 years. But hey that makes me almost an expert on the boards!
I was only playing around lol. The board does look very good and I am definitely going to check it out. Plus in australia they are about $200 cheaper than the new One board so thats a bonus
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-16-2015, 5:17 PM Reply   
OK, Andy knows I'm a non sponsored O'Brien-ist, but I gotta question. Other than molded fins to removable fins. Whats the difference between the cartel/coda to the CTP?
Old     (clutchind)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-17-2015, 7:38 AM Reply   
Cory and the OB team replaced molded fins with bolt on fins, this doesn’t seem like much, but in reality it’s a huge change in the way the board rides… molded fins are more “Control Surfaces” that act as something for the water to push against, while bolt on fins are fully foiled and function at greater board angles than molded fins. They also tweaked the rockerline, and most importantly added 4 carbon stringers to the board, 2 in the nose, and 2 in the tail. These stringers store and release 100% of the energy put into them when transitioning up the wake, causing the board to predictably explode up and off the wake.

I'm riding the CTP this year and it's absolute blast behind the boat. Lightweight, predictable, and poppy.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-17-2015, 8:35 AM Reply   
Is that the same or similar to their line of fusion core boards? I'm still in love with the contra and a believer of the fusion core. Especially with landings in the flats and double up landings.
Old     (clutchind)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-17-2015, 8:25 PM Reply   
No Fusion Core in the CTP, it's O'Brien's FeatherLight Core that's all foam with approximately foot long carbon stringers in the tip and tail. The board lands soft, not as soft as the Bruce, but it does have a broad mellow spine that runs through it for mellow landings. Need pics?
Old     (ILikebooty)      Join Date: Mar 2015       06-17-2015, 8:51 PM Reply   
Can anyone talk about the new remedy by liquid force?