Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-20-2015, 5:13 PM Reply   
We had a great event this year here in So Cal, it was a small group this time, but it was so much fun. A special thanks to Ed (ELC) for coming out with his son to help teach and shred with the boys. And a special thanks to Tad (Twisted Tad ) for donating his time, his boat gas, and his beautiful boat ( 2012 A22) that he brought out for the day. Together, they were able to get all their boys up and riding, some of them turned out to be little rippers. None of these boys had ever been in a ski boat before, none have ever wakeboarded before, and one boy can not swim.... but he still got out there to ride. We had a great time and the boys were smiling from ear to ear. Wakeboat owners are incredible people, and these events could not happen without their help. Thank you guys very much.

I would like to give thanks to Chris P over at Liquid force for hooking us up with some gear for the boys and for always supporting my event. Thank you to Zack at Boat Bling for donating some boat detailing products to give to our boat owners, you come through for us every year and the guys were very thankful. Finally, Chris Loomis at Axis/Malibu for supporting this event every year and getting the boys a bunch of swag. They were so pumped on everything.

Here are a couple shots from the day. First, Ed's boy (7 years old) behind Tad's boat about to do some work and show these kids how to do it. Second picture, one of the boys riding behind my boat. He did not even know what "wakeboarding" was a few weeks ago.

If you ever get a chance to hook up with a local WTW event as a volunteer, coach, boat owner, gear donator...etc. please do not pass up the opportunity. These events can not happen without generous people like Ed and Tad, their boats, equipment, and passion. I can speak for myself, and I am sure our volunteers like Ed and Tad will tell you as well, I have just as much fun and get just as much satisfaction as these boys do. it is a very fun and rewarding day. I feel so blessed to be a part of this organization, and a part of this small wakeboarding community.

If you want to help, donate to, or start a WTW event in your area, contact Greg Hodgins of Wake the World to find out how. You can go to the website to see the scheduled events and locations as well.
Attached Images