Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (CaptainYARRR)      Join Date: May 2015       06-09-2015, 6:55 AM Reply   
I boat on Lake Travis with my performance boat and ride with my friend's wake boat. We are super excited about the newly high lake level. Amazing how much more room to ride there is after rising 40 feet. How many other people are riding Lake Travis with the new high level?

Some pics of our newly filled lake:
Lake Travis flood pictures
Old     (ADHDassassin)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-11-2015, 8:45 PM Reply   
My boat isn't on Travis but I live in Austin. I am pretty pumped about the lake being up as are most people I know in the area.

BTW, if you ever want a freeload newbie wakeboarder to ride along and pay for some gas I'm your guy.
Old     (Treybiz)      Join Date: Nov 2014       06-12-2015, 7:59 AM Reply   
I'm excited to see Travis up and I'm in DFW... We were there late last summer for a buddies wedding. Wedding was held at a pimpin house on a cliff by the dam. The guy's house had a deathscalator down to his dock and I could have done without that. Otherwise still one of my favorite lakes but I haven't put a boat in down there in years. Looks Like I will have to change that this summer.
Old     (TX_Chris)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-12-2015, 9:37 AM Reply   
As a Canyon Lake rider, I am super happy to see Travis back up! Canyon was only ~11 feet low when Travis was 40+ feet low... so Canyon was getting a lot of traffic from Austin as well as West San Antonio's Madina Lake, that was at 3% (yeah - like a creek in the middle of a dried up lake bed) and is now only 22 feet low.

All in all, I am super stoked about this summer! Finally water in our lakes!
Old     (CaptainYARRR)      Join Date: May 2015       06-16-2015, 11:25 AM Reply   
This is a very exciting summer! Pretty cool to see everyone able to get to whatever lake they want. I spent Saturday and Sunday working on my boat, you can definitely tell a huge difference in traffic at the marina. As well as the increase in stupid, saw someone in an F-150 run off the road missing a turn by the marina.