Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (MIKEPEGASUS3)      Join Date: Nov 2013       06-08-2015, 7:54 AM Reply   
Im just looking to see if anyone has any ideas on boards which may other a soft landing without sacrificing any "pop" as iv been strugeling with lower back compresion and SI joint dysfunction which is now effecting my riding, I currently ride last years LF Watson and wonder if anybody might have some ideas of boards for boat riding that may offer a softer landing as there isn't much of a chance to demo boards before you buy in the UK.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-08-2015, 8:31 AM Reply   
Mike,
I can only speak from my own personal experience but the humanoid oracle is a very soft landing board with flex and the tip to tail center spine. Also look into Ronix bandwagon. It was the softest landing board i've ridden, like pillow soft but it will take a minute to get use to. . There's been alot of chatter on Slingshot Nomads lately and people seem to like them.
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-08-2015, 9:09 AM Reply   
I am not a great rider by any means but I have two partial disk and spinal stenosis (sp) and I ride the SS Hooke. I can case the wake with it and still have a soft landing. I dont think they make that one any more but a good flex board may be the best bet. It is the softest landing board I have ever rode. Very consistant wake to wake as well.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-08-2015, 9:53 AM Reply   
haven't ridden it yet, but the SS Nomad might be worth checking out....
Old     (MIKEPEGASUS3)      Join Date: Nov 2013       06-08-2015, 12:02 PM Reply   
Cheers Bob thats good to hear as the bandwagon was something I had been looking at so hearing that is a great help.
Old     (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       06-08-2015, 2:29 PM Reply   
Mike, along with a new board you might want to consider other bindings too. I'm convinced that the current style bindings contribute to injuries and are hurting the sport. I'm older than I care to admit and recently started wakeboarding. So far wake 2 wake and riding switch is all I can do but I'm having a blast and I'm not afraid to try new things. That's because I use old style "bindings" that flex and release when I crash. I know people much younger than I am that have quit and gone to surfing because they got hurt. I grew up water skiing and when I first tried wakeboarding with non-release bindings I said no-way can I do this. Then I tried water ski type bindings and all was good. Just a thought.

Last edited by cbarguy1; 06-08-2015 at 2:32 PM.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-08-2015, 3:38 PM Reply   
I agree that ... bindings which 'eject' and not 'hold' ... allow safer endings to crashes.
Old     (sja)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-08-2015, 4:33 PM Reply   
My Ronix William seems to have a very soft landing with a continuous rocker and a lot of flex. Where you land has a greater impact on your back than what board is under you. I would really focus on consistently hitting that sweet spot on the wake every jump. When I case the wake, I could be riding a pillow and still get my bones rattled.