Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old    nwwakerider            08-25-2008, 8:55 PM Reply   
I had asked several months ago about the quality of a certain tower mirror and i got a reply saying that it wasnt the greatest and this person had trouble with the company. A few other decent replys, nothing terrible. Unfortunately, I wish i had listened and had not bought it due to its "lower price."
I will no longer buy a product because its cheaper. No longer! Im so mad at this terrible product. It has broken 3 times in 3 months and i just wanna chuck it in the garbage, I dont wanna name a company, but i wont be buying anything from them again.
Please listen to fellow wakeworlders!
Old     (tride)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-26-2008, 5:33 AM Reply   
U should say the name of the comp. Why let someone else buy there junk...
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-26-2008, 5:41 AM Reply   
I was able to send my poor choice back thanks to onlyinboards.com. But I wasn't happy with my Ariel mirror. It scratched my tower all up because they say it fits 2.5" but only if you take out the protective sleeve! DUH...

My next mirror must have/be:
-Adjustable/articulating arm (to fit on curved tower arm Monster Tower)
-Quick disconnect (boat stored on boat lift after each use must collapse tower and for security)
-PROTECTIVE SLEEVE omg...

Next year I'll get the Monster Tower mirror. Proven quality great price.
Old     (tride)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-26-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
I have the Monster Tower mirror arm. The round one.It's great, Monster Tower stuff is Quality.
It may not look as kool as some of the other arms, but it's about what works!
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-26-2008, 11:30 AM Reply   
Great thread.....I'm going to complain about something, but I'm not going to tell you who made it. Thanks, this was very helpful!
Old     (gawabr190)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-26-2008, 11:41 AM Reply   
When monster tower was out of stock on their tower mirrors I bought the diy wake tower mirror (articulating arm). It does not have quick release, but can be taken down in 10 seconds with the allen bolt half way up the arm. It has been a great mirror for a couple of seasons now. Durable, adjustable, no complaints whatsoever. Its at http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=570

I got it with the mirror, paid maybe $150 or thereabouts. Best mounting location was on the left front tower support, leaving my line of sight in front open.

Erik, I would say you cant go wrong with this mirror
Old    nwwakerider            08-26-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
It was DIY
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-26-2008, 7:22 PM Reply   
yep, you should have listened to me.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-26-2008, 9:36 PM Reply   
I bought two of DIY's one piece mirror brackets after swapping email with the company about installing them on a Titan II tower. They didn't mention any known issues with this install. But after getting the brackets, they don't allow the mirror to sit level with the windshield due to the curvature of the front tower legs. And the inside diameter of the bracket was nowhere near the 2.25" Titan specs their towers.

I stay away from DIY now.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-27-2008, 1:42 PM Reply   
I got a DIY and have not been real happy with it, Every time we cruise at 30mph and hit some wakes it moves, if its windy it moves, I like the bracket, but the way the mirror clamps to the arm doesn't hold it tight. I did contact them and they said (2 weeks after I sent my email) to send a pic of how I installed it however it only goes on one way so i don't get how i can change it, i had to put some extra material on the arm to get the mirror to stay firm at all, not something I should even have to do after spending $120 for a mirror....
Old     (big_matt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-27-2008, 7:06 PM Reply   
On the topic of mirrors...anyone try the Roswell mount with CIPA Extreme?
Old    nwwakerider            08-29-2008, 9:53 PM Reply   
i had to rig the mirror with some metal brackets so it would stop shaking, and it scratched my tower up pretty good.
Old     (jacobs0222i)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-01-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
i really like the look of the samson triview mirror. does anyone have it?
Old     (tomfish)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-01-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
We have the samson on our malibu illusion x tower and love it.