Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       03-28-2013, 7:39 PM Reply   
All,
I picked up a 2007 Calabria Team V recently and it's been re propped. It has an ACME 517 on it that's a 13X16.

We wakeboard, surf and hydrofoil with the factory 1100lb ballast system. Do you think the prop is matched well for what we're doing? I also have the factory prop (unsure of the part#) also.

Just curious which would be better suited to the boat.

Thanks,
Brian
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       03-28-2013, 8:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstroop View Post
All,
I picked up a 2007 Calabria Team V recently and it's been re propped. It has an ACME 517 on it that's a 13X16.

We wakeboard, surf and hydrofoil with the factory 1100lb ballast system. Do you think the prop is matched well for what we're doing? I also have the factory prop (unsure of the part#) also.

Just curious which would be better suited to the boat.

Thanks,
Brian
I'd call ACME direct tomorrow, and tell them what boat, how much weight you run, what your looking to do, elevation, etc. They will get you lined out for sure, and let you know which would b better for sure.
Old     (Giddyup)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-28-2013, 9:47 PM Reply   
I think it should be good, I have the pro v 2 with the stock 13x17.5 and I would like to prop down to 13x16. I run the stock ballast plus 500 in the back locker, if I load up the boat will have a hard time to plane. Let me know if you change props.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-29-2013, 7:48 AM Reply   
I think you should be good. If you add more ballast for surfing then you might want to think about a lower pitched prop. Mine had a tough time getting to plane wakeboarding when I put about 2000lbs in it with a 13x17.5. If you ding the prop and need it reworked, I would request to have it changed to a 13x15. That is the size prop I am going with this year. I think it is a good mix between wakeboarding and surfing without sacrificing too much fuel mileage.