Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-13-2015, 2:50 PM Reply   
My dad is looking to replace the old Sony Xplods in his 05 VLX as they're all dry rotted and blown. Not looking to drop thousands on a crazy speaker setup, but he wants an improvement over those pieces of junk. I've been out of the speaker game for a while now, so hoping WW can help advise given the following constraints:

-same amps (2x 600W Sony Xplod amps. Right now we have one wired to the two tower speakers, and one for the 6 interior speakers. A 3rd 500W amp is for the sub only)
-6.5" only (even the two tower speakers). As awesome as a pair of Rev10s would be, the current mounted cans are 6.5" and we're looking to plug and play, not build a whole new system

I would love HLCD on the two tower speakers for riding and I think my pops is on board if the price is reasonable. So trying to decide if we should go cheaper on the 6 interior speakers (some solid quality Polk/JL kind of speakers) and 2 A+ speakers for the tower OR 8 higher quality 6.5s (same all around). I obviously hear great things about Wetsounds so looking at XS-65is and XS-650s. I searched and saw Kicker has some 6.5" HLCDs so those might work well for the tower.

Any advice is appreciated! I'm home for the week so he's hoping to order ASAP for a little father/son project.