Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (thedrew)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-30-2016, 4:36 PM Reply   
Hello there everyone, first time poster here. Bought my 93 centurion a little over a year ago and just now getting the time to get to work on it and make it shine. It was taken very good care of, however the gel coat when I bought it was somewhat chalky/oxidized. Running it last season and this season has also gotten it pretty grimey looking. It seems on/off is going to be the goto for that. Unless anyone has any other recommendations. I want to get you guys opinion, I would like to do this work myself. If it is to far gone, then maybe I will just have a pro do it. The interior vinyl could also use some touch up. No matter what product I use it seems I can't get it completely cleaned up. Suggestions?

Also, a separate mechanical question, I have attributed the starting issues to it just being old and carbureted. Once it's running for awhile it will start up just fine. Initial starts are very rough. It takes about five minutes to get it up and going and with several starts. How terrible is the starter spray for the engine? I have to use it nearly every time. Yet another issue... recently the belt will squeal terribly on the initial start. After about ten seconds it immediately disappears and doesn't do it again until the boat is not running for awhile. Belt looks brand new. Ideas?

Sorry for the amount of questions, just wanted to get it all in one post. I will post pictures, and if anyone needs any others just ask. Thanks guys!
Attached Images