Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       01-09-2017, 9:26 AM Reply   
It's time replace my beloved 95 Malibu Sunsetter DD, I've surfed the hell out of it and it's been an amazing boat to own. However, I can't deal with the lack of seating and fat sacs everywhere anymore. I've lost most of my hardcore buddies and now our non-boater friends join. I'm also ready for a bigger wave and less work of dealing with sacs.

My wife and I both surf goofy, so a good starboard side wave is what I'm looking for. I didn't strap my wakeboard on once last year so I'd say it's going to be nearly 100% surfing.

Here are the boats I'm considering

Tige 22V
Sanger V215
Centurion Avalanche.

Here are some thoughts I've come up with

Centurion Avalanche
Here's where I'm confused, is there a difference between the C4 and regular Avalanche? I notice a lot of them in 2004ish range have the walk through and no starboard seating, that won't work for me.

Pros: Great Surf, recognizable brand
Cons: Probably been surfed pretty hard, can't really think of any..

Tige 22v
Pros: Great wave and spacious. I spent a TON of time back in the day on my buddies 21V and I'm quite familiar with Tige.
Cons: Heavy to tow in the mountains, I'll have to install a legit ballast system at +2K or so, I remember my buddy's 21V always had issues with TAPS though. Vinyl quality was questionable back then too. His surf wave was pretty nice back then but we weren't adding crazy weight like we are now. I recall a ton of spray surfing on his too.

Sanger 21V
Pros: Lighter to tow, nice craftsmanship, built in ballast
Cons: Lower freeboard, tighter interior, it's an unknown brand and resale values here in Utah.

I'd love to get into another Malibu, as we know the waves are lacking in my price point.

I'm really not wanting to install another ballast system, my installs are just short of ghetto and it'll add a pretty penny for a pro install.

I tow with a low mileage 07 F150 5.4, it does my Sunsetter great here. I've considering going up to a 23' but with the added weight in the mountains you really need to step to a diesel 3/4+ ton truck and that's not going to happen.

Anything I'm missing or other boats I should consider? I'm basically looking for the best deal on the cleanest example I can find of the three mentioned.

Last edited by parkcityxj; 01-09-2017 at 9:28 AM.