Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-16-2006, 9:36 PM Reply   
I think this is just wrong! I have only seen this boat out of the driveway once ALL year. The cover is hardly ever on...and when it is, it's not on completely. NOTE THE MOLD!!!

Boat Protective Services (BPS) should come take it away from it's abusive family and give it to a deserving one! Anyone want to be a foster family?

Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-16-2006, 9:40 PM Reply   
That is just sad. I would put my boat up for sale before I would let that happen.
Old     (deltaboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-16-2006, 9:42 PM Reply   
Talk about pride of ownership. There are 2 05 VLX's in my town that have never been covered. THey just sit on their lifts and collect the rain and dust all year, its sad really
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-17-2006, 4:55 AM Reply   
I thought that it never rained in California, if true then how could mold grow? Ha

That's a shame, there was a post on another Centurion last year that wasn't covered and maybe had a cat living in it. I love my Lightning, I can't imagine leaving her exposed to the elements, that's no way to treat a lady!

Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-17-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
These people leave it unkept all year. It gets beat with the sun all summer and the rain all winter. I just find it sad.
Old     (jzd)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-17-2006, 12:46 PM Reply   
I bought my boat like that after hounding the owner for a year.After I bought it, I restored it inside & out.He asked last month if he could borrow it,had to say no.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-17-2006, 1:19 PM Reply   
Hey, my boat lives outside all year round with the cover on correctly, and...

I do have mold on the cover that I can't seem to get off. I even washed the cover in a trash can with simple green and bleach but had no luck getting the mold off. Any suggestions?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-17-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
Dane,

Like you, I keep my boat outside year round. My solution to getting the mold off is to take the cover to a laundramat. I wash and dry it in their big washer with normal detergent and Oxi Clean. It works great and doesn't damage the cover material.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-17-2006, 5:35 PM Reply   
GD, Don't put it in the dryer unless you know the stains are out. Drying it will only set the stain and make it impossible to get out.

Back to our regularly scheduled program... I think those people got the boat early last spring. It was sitting in the rain/sun for a few weeks then they bought one of those freestanding tent thingies for it and had it in their driveway for about a month until the city told them to take it down. So they took it down and left it completely uncovered all summer long. the funny thing is, they had the tower down and a beach towel under where it touches the nose to keep it from scratching.

They didn't put the cover you see on until a couple weeks ago, after the New Year's weekend storms... and the wind blew it off.

Why buy a boat if you are just gonna let it sit and waste away?
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-17-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
I have a neighbor around the corner that has a 04 MC and it sits out all summer in the full sun with no cover and just a few weeks ago he finally put it in storage. I would imagine the bow section was full of water . I am so particular with my toys and it just kills me to see a nice boat like that just sit with no protection from the elements .
Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-17-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
baby in her crib
Old    the_skeptic            01-18-2006, 1:03 AM Reply   
Wow, I can't believe someone would spend money just to watch it dissolve in their driveway. Meanwhile I'm crying if I see a bird flying overhead that might be taking aim on my baby's cover.... (which will end once the garage arrives thrusday, been saving for this one...)

I think some peoples problems are that they have to much money and feel like if it breaks, they'll just buy another one. I have a brother in law that bought a new inboard last year and did the same thing, threw the cover on and let the rain collect inside it while who knows what was growing in there, and says "I'm just not the maintaining type." I wanted to punch him in the mouth.............. for $50k I could of put an above ground pool in for ya and painted it yellow.... dumba$$.. Just using the boat as a social status ... never even tried to board.... damn I hate him...

ok, I feel better now.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-19-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
Edward- I posted that thread last year about another Centurion that was being left out and completely neglected. Such sights are truly painful. I actually went through some pretty lengthy steps to find out the status of the boat (stolen and then abandoned? Retard owner? The latter of which turned out to be the case).

Booooooooo to people who do this, give it to someone more deserving and will respect the boat :-)
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-19-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
My boat dealer up here has a bunch of boats sitting out uncovered. I always wondered about that. There was an 05 Elite V Drive sitting out uncovered for about 7 months durring last winter. And this is at a dealership
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-19-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
well he must not be too bright, it has pink guide pole covers
Old    stillstandin            01-19-2006, 9:45 PM Reply   
Sad thing is, I think they probably use to be red:-)
Old    low_key_wake            01-19-2006, 11:18 PM Reply   
How do I apply to adopt this boat?
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-20-2006, 2:20 AM Reply   
yeah, prolly just really faded red... oh well.

Adopting a boat is interesting... I've tried haha
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-20-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
Show up at their house and offer them $$. I bet they's sell it.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-20-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
i like your taste karma. that boat is exactly the same as mine except the black and grey is switched. very nice
Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-20-2006, 6:44 PM Reply   
jeff, it is hard to see but it is sangria and marble(grey). thanks any way though. have fun this summer.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-20-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
sexy nonetheless
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-20-2006, 9:12 PM Reply   
It's probably not that they have too much money and don't care. 9 times out of 10 it's because they really just don't know any better. They probably think that because it is a boat, it can handle getting wet in the interior and that it was designed to sit out in the elements. You'd be surprised how dumb folks are. Just look at how they treat their cars and see if they look the same.
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-21-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
I would have thought the same thing @ first Jay. Just the kind of people that don't keep good care of anything. They have a newer F150 and Mustang, both are spotless. The women of the house is always out in the yard keeping it looking good too.

Their next door neighbor also has a boat and has talked to them about boat upkeep. They just don't seem to care.