Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Trever)      Join Date: Mar 2016       05-26-2016, 6:38 PM Reply   
Hey guys
Just ordered a big air Cuda tower today for my 99 Sanger v210. Do you guys have any good tips on the install. Is there anything I should know before I start? Thanks
-Trever
Old     (KJonesWakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2016       05-26-2016, 7:03 PM Reply   
Just make sure to measure twice and drill once! Lay everything out first. If you can be sure to use metal plates under the hull to mount. I have a Sanger DLX and I LOVE how sangers look on the water so please, from one Sanger owner to another.... Don't kill the beautiful body and windshield lines and instead try to mount the tower swooping back Like in the picture with the black boat...NOT like the red one.... Lol should be a good tower though! Enjoy!
Attached Images

Last edited by KJonesWakeboarder; 05-26-2016 at 7:07 PM. Reason: Edit
Old     (Trever)      Join Date: Mar 2016       05-26-2016, 7:26 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tips Kyle! I already planned on the reverse mount like the black wakesetter has. I agree- i think the forward mount looks awful on this specific tower. I read that you should drill into the hull in reverse-is this true. Do you have a tower? Which one?
Old     (KJonesWakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2016       05-26-2016, 7:37 PM Reply   
Yeah! I have the pro flIght on mine. I've never heard about drilling in reverse. Did you get the chrome or black??
Old     (Trever)      Join Date: Mar 2016       05-26-2016, 8:55 PM Reply   
I get the polished clear anodized. It basically looks like brushed aluminum. How much did you get your pro flight for? The only website I could find that sold them was barefoot central.com for $2100. Did you do the install yourself?
Old     (KJonesWakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2016       05-26-2016, 9:21 PM Reply   
Came on my boat when I got it, but I've helped my buddy install a Roswell aviator on his Tigé... That tower is hands down the coolest tower in my opinion. I think he picked it up for 2000 and it was White. Looks really clean on his boat.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-26-2016, 10:13 PM Reply   
Crap! After reading the thread title, I was hoping to see that MB just came out with a decent looking tower for once.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-27-2016, 9:45 AM Reply   
drilling your glass: Measure THREE times, cut once. Lay it all out so you know EXACTLY where things need to go. You don't want to have to stick a cupholder where you F'd up. but that's a good cover-up IF its flat enough

For small holes (up to 1/2") drilling forward doesn't hurt at all. Use painters tape to keep splintering to a minimum. Take it SLOW.

Reverse drilling is for hole saws. Just in case you ever need to, here's how: tape off like above. run saw in reverse for AT LEAST 1/4 of inch below the surface. then forward drill to finish it off. I usually run it all the way through in reverse, but forward can save you some time

I'd think about wiring the tower when you install, whether tower speakers are in your immediate plans or not.

Have fun!!

Last edited by denverd1; 05-27-2016 at 9:49 AM.
Old     (Trever)      Join Date: Mar 2016       05-27-2016, 7:25 PM Reply   
Thanks Nacho! What do you think of the bimini options.

http://bigairwaketowers.com/bimini/bigairbimini/
http://bigairwaketowers.com/bimini/supershadowbimini/
http://bigairwaketowers.com/bimini/collapsiblebimini/

I ordered the collapsible bimini because i thought it looked the most normal, and its just like the one i have right now on the boat
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-29-2016, 7:02 PM Reply   
Go to YouTube and search for Samson Sports, they have installation videos for their towers, very good info.