Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kgarr1986)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-20-2016, 10:07 AM Reply   
I just purchased an 05 Moomba that already has a stereo in it. I would like to make some changes, but would appreciate some input.

Currently there is on 1" kicker sub under the driver helm. It is driven off of a Rockford Prime R800-40. Also driven off that amp are 4 roswell tower 6.5 speakers.

A second Sony Xplod 4 channel 600w amp is pushing 6 inboat 6.5" speakers.

Head unit is Kenwood KMR-D362BT

I would like to make a few changes.
1. Replace Roswell tower speakers with 2 - Wetsounds Pro80 tower speakers

2. Replace current Sub, not sure if two 10's would work better or one 12.

3. Add a pair of Wetsounds XS 808 speakers in the boat.

In making these changes I was thinking I would add a monoblock amp to run the subs, and have the tower speakers and the new 808's run off of the Rockford amp.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks
Old     (KJonesWakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2016       05-20-2016, 10:23 AM Reply   
1) The wet sounds are clearly a better choice over the Roswell speakers

2) Depending on what your looking to spend, two 10 inch subs will move more air causing more sound than the 12 but the 12 may be able to hit lower notes. If I'm correct though if you put the 12 under the driver helm, he deeper notes won't really be heard with a 12 or two 10s as much anyway due to the sound pressure level

3) The fosgate amp should be able to handle that extra pair of 808's in the boat aswell as the two pro80's.

All toghether your plan sounds pretty good. As far as subs go it kind of depends on what music you will be playing most and how much bass you want in your boat. General rule of thumb for subs, more air you move = more sound.... Two tens will move 20 inches of air while one 12 will move 12 inches. Hope I helped! Good luck!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-20-2016, 12:58 PM Reply   
personally, I prefer the sound of a 12 to a 10. make sure you use a ported box.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-20-2016, 6:38 PM Reply   
Pro-80? Are these what something you currently have?
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-20-2016, 8:12 PM Reply   
I'd replace all speakers with the Wet Sounds XS650 or XS808 before mixing them with other speakers. In this case, Revamping the whole system and starting fresh would be money better spent. Replacing what you have with better (not adding to) will be a wiser choice.