Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (aryder)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-14-2015, 9:53 AM Reply   
I've got a handshake agreement with a 2003 VLX with 500 hours, pending a buy/sell inspection, which cam back yesterday. For being a 12 year old boat, there wasn't much wrong mechanically, though they recommended a tune and other minor things. The biggest issues were aesthetic (gel coat, rub rail, etc...) but no cracks in the seats and the interior is in overall good shape.

The seller has agreed to knock off about 90% of the cost to repair the things quoted, and I would say the boat is priced competitively.

A 2008 air nautique 2011 team with 162 hours just came up for sale for 5K more than the malibu. I've never ridden behind one of these but I really like the price and hours.

The nautique is a crossover, as I understand - so how does these 2 boats compare for wakeboarding? I like the price of the malibu better, but the nautique seems like a better value.

What do you guys think?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-14-2015, 11:44 AM Reply   
Without the actual prices it's going to be hard to give you the deal info. One thing is for sure though...........either the Bu is priced extremely high or the Nautique is priced really low.

The VLX will wakeboard a little better and has more of a tradition v drive lounge. The VLX will also have more storage.

The SV 211 will handle bit better , has a unique seating arrangement , and takes a little less weight to get the wakeboard wakes pumping. You are going to see a huge quality difference getting into that 08 sv211 with vinyl and feel over that 03 VLX.