Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Ryanbean)      Join Date: Dec 2014       12-22-2014, 10:31 PM Reply   
I'm looking at buying an 05 x2 went for a ride behind it with standard ballast full and just the driver in the boat, wake was small.. similar size to a response maybe a little bigger. Once weighted can these produce a good wake? Could it be as good as a VLX wakesetter or 210 super air Nautique?
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-23-2014, 8:11 AM Reply   
That is the original xstar/205v/x1 hull. It puts out a great wake with some weight. It is pretty mediocre with just the factory 250lb hard tanks and kgb in it. Swap those out for 750s and add some weight in the nose, and it's awesome. It's every bit as good as the vlx and 210.
Old     (wakerider88)      Join Date: Sep 2012       12-23-2014, 9:52 AM Reply   
i love my 02 xstar which is the same hull as the 05 x2. amazing wake board wake great surf wave. I usually run 750s in the back center ballest full and 2 550s in the front. this picture was taken at 24.5 mph with a 85 ft rope in 6 feet of water. the rider is 6,2 hope this helps if you want anymore pics or info let me know
Attached Images

Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       12-23-2014, 11:13 AM Reply   
I have an X1, (also the same hull), and as stated above with a little weight the wake is great. It's very easy to ditch the tanks and run 750's in the rear and piggyback an ibs off the kgb. Two 50lb lead bags will also fit in the nose behind the seatback. This gives me a lot of versatility with ballast and it's all hidden. The boat does like nose weight though so if I run the 750's full I still have to put a 400 in the bow walkway which fits perfect. The nice thing is you can make a good beginner wake or a good expert wake with this boat.
Old     (Ryanbean)      Join Date: Dec 2014       12-23-2014, 12:57 PM Reply   
Great thanks for the info. I use to have a 220 nautique so If I can produce a similar wake to that I will be happy.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       12-23-2014, 5:35 PM Reply   
Best wake I've ever ridden that wasn't a G23.

2000lbs of ballast, the wake was money
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-30-2014, 4:06 PM Reply   
^^^What these guys said...

It's good...

Use the search tool on this site or others...you will get plenty of insight on just how good.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-31-2014, 4:02 AM Reply   
I agree with what everyone has said minus one thing. I wouldn't call the x1 a great surf wake. Is it surfable? Yes. Are you going to blown away by it? Probably not. The wakeboard wake is incredible though. Its a steeper wake more comparable to the 210 over the vlx. Its prob one of my favorite boats ever just make sure the size itself is going to fit your crew. Its not a world beater when it comes to storage and seating. If you have a crew of 4-5 it would be my first choice even over newer options.

If you end up getting it check out teamtalk. Great info for ballast setups, etc but will second what everyone said about nose weight.