Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-15-2011, 5:38 AM Reply   
WHY IS THIS BOAT NOT SELLING I HAVE HEARD AXIS HAS BAD RESALE BUT REALLY

Here is info on my boat 2010 Axis A22
http://www.axiswake.com/downloads/axis_specs_2011.pdf
450hours
All black Gel Coat
Indmar/Axis AR335 MPI
High Altitude Propeller Flush Kit Battery Isolator Switch
Flip Up Driver's Bolster Seat
Center Flip Up
Above-engine Bin
Storage Lighting Std
Custom Cover (Black)
Bimini Top (Black) Opt
Removable Carpet (Charcoal)
Wakebox 800/900 Ballast System
Plug n' Play Ballast (Bow & 2 750's Rear)
Opt Auto-set Wedge Opt Depth Finder
Cruise Control
FatAX Wakeboard Tower
Fixed Wakeboard Racks (2)
Tricked out trailer Tandem Axle w/Disc
Stereo Transom Remote
All JL audio through boat
JL Tower speakers
JL Amps
JL Subwoofer under Steering Wheel

ALL STEREO STUFF WAS STOLEN OUT OF BOAT IS WHY I DROPPED PRICE 5k THE BOAT STILL HAS THE HEAD UNIT AND TWO SPEAKERS. CAN GET YOU ALL STOCK SPEAKERS BACK IN FOR 1k. DOES NOT EFFECT BOAT AT ALL

Pics Are under link THE WRAP WAS REMOVED SO IT ALL BLACK
http://www.chicksdigflips.com/p/boat-and-gear.html
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-15-2011, 6:25 AM Reply   
This is just a guess, but buyers may be less inclined to buy a used boat from a club than from an individual buyer. The perception, whether it's true or not, is that club boats get used "harder" than boats owned by individuals. Also, since you're in a saltwater area, buyers may be concerned about that. If the boat hasn't been run in salt I'd put that in the listing. Good luck! And that is (or was) a sweet wrap!

Last edited by phillywakeboarder; 11-15-2011 at 6:27 AM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-15-2011, 6:25 AM Reply   
While its a sick looking boat and nicely equipped what would kill the sale for me would be the 450 hrs and fact its a "club/demo" so to speak. It was obviously used ,which isnt a bad thing ,but boats like this tend to be neglected a bit and hammered on. On your web page you are rolling 4 k in ballast. That takes a toll on a boat and gear and for most would make them weary. Also the fact I think it may be brackish or salt water with the flush kit would be negative. Salt water kills the lifespan of an engine.

As to the stereo......while sure its easy to drop in gear it kinda goes to the whole neglect thing. While I completely understand and just recently had my 5k in stereo gear snatched it just again kinda leaves bad taste with hole neglect thing. As easy as it is for someone else to drop in gear the same can be said for you to drop in gear. Not ragging on ya for not as I undestand u don't want to from the cash, but sometimes it better to spend a little up front to get more in the end.

These are just my quirks on why I wouldnt snatch it u at 33k. Again its mainly the hours, brackish and being a club/demo. At 33k there are a ton of other boats that haven't seen the hours, the salt or the 4k in ballast loaded into it daily.

Last edited by xstarrider; 11-15-2011 at 6:29 AM.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-15-2011, 6:33 AM Reply   
I've only had my 2011 Axis for 6 months and I'm not against buying a pre-owned boat at all. However, even at 33k and how much my mind was set on an Axis...I still would not touch that boat for the same reasons listed (hours and club).
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-15-2011, 6:38 AM Reply   
If you did perform maintenance at certain intervals - say, oil changed every 50 hours, etc- I'd put that in the listing as well, along with any other info that shows the boat was well maintained.
Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-15-2011, 7:00 AM Reply   
The boat is owned by me and maintained ever 50hrs (oil change ect...) The boat has only been driven by three people My brother Roommate and, I. As it was club sponsored boat not a use the boat as you want. I live on a fresh water lake in Deland. 4k weight is not much when you don't run the wedge on the boat on a Malibu/axis
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-15-2011, 7:02 AM Reply   
The one thing that would scare me off is the hull in the second or third pic. Looks like you beached it at about 30 a couple times.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-15-2011, 7:12 AM Reply   
Kody, I'll agree with you on accelerating with the wedge up, big difference when you have a lot of ballast
Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-15-2011, 7:15 AM Reply   
Hull has never touched sand REALLY. IT what happens when you own a black hull with trailer already had all marks buffed out since pic no gel damage just putting on and off trailer. typical with a black hull
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-15-2011, 7:43 AM Reply   
I agree with the above statements. The hours and the fact that it was a club boat would push me away.
Have people come out and looked at it or are you just not getting calls?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-15-2011, 7:49 AM Reply   
Reasons for not selling

First and foremost is the wrap. Even if it is already removed you need to take picutres and list it with the plain black hull. I garunteee the pictures of that very bright and trendy wrap are driving people away. They probably see the pictures and don't even read the add and that you have taken it off.
second, make sure and mention in your add that you have not used it in salt. When you list it with flush kit and live near saltwater people are going to assume it was used in salt.
third, ditch the "4000 pounds in ballast". You are better off saying stock triple ballast plus factory/dealer installed plug and play and then saying wedge in a separate sentence or line.
4th, what is a wakebox ballast system? If it was me I would completely rip that out of the boat and put it back to stock plus plug n play. No one wants to buy a boat that has had 3000-4000 pounds of ballast plus a wedge and has 450 hours on it.
5th, take pictures of the boat with the bottom of the hull buffed/wetsanded. Even if that is normal with a black hull(which I am not sure about) you need to get pictures without the streaks/scuffs on the hull. It just looks abused. You have to take extra special care of a black hull and powering it up onto a shallow trailer or lift isn't going to work if you want the boat to look nice.
6th, where are you listing the boat? If you are only listing it on your website there is actually your biggest problem. List it in your local craigslist and if you can get away with it the biggest market craigslist close. List it on onlyinboards.com, on wakeworld and boat trader.
7th, reinstall factory speakers and don't mention that the original one's got stolen. Just use the factory MTX's or whatever. Get the boat as close to factory as possible. Not sure why you even list the stereo if it has been stolen. Don't worry about spending all the money on JL stuff. put in 4 or 6 MTX coaxials and an mtx sub this way it won't cost an arm and a leg btu will have a completel factory stereo.
8th, if you have done all the regular maintanance and have records through the dealer mention that and that you can get copies of the records or that potential buyers can call the dealer and see what they have done.
9th, don't mention it was a club boat in you adds. It is kind of sneaky which isn't great to do, but if someone asks you about it I would tell them the truth.

Will your local Axis dealer(assuming you have one) sell it on consignment? Sitting side by side with a 60k new one a 35k(with the stereo back to stock) might look awfully appealing.

Good luck with the sale.

Last edited by polarbill; 11-15-2011 at 7:57 AM.
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-15-2011, 8:01 AM Reply   
brett has really good advice...
I would also take it off the market until after the holidays. This is the worst time to sell a boat. I had my boat up for sale at this time a couple years ago and got no action. Around Jan 10 leads started coming in and I sold it in Feb. I sold it off of craigslist for what I was asking.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-15-2011, 8:07 AM Reply   
I can't open his add at work. Stupid filters!!! Can't even see the damn boat, but Brett sounds like he has hit it on the head.
Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-15-2011, 8:26 AM Reply   
DROPPED PRICE OVER 5k NEED TO SELL FOR NEW BOAT ASAP
ALL BLACK AXIS A22
Here is info on my boat 2010 Axis A22
http://www.axiswake.com/downloads/axis_specs_2011.pdf
THE BOAT IS ON FRESH WATER LAKE IN DELAND FL
450hours
All black Gel Coat
Indmar/Axis AR335 MPI
High Altitude Propeller Flush Kit
Battery Isolator Switch
Center Flip Up
Above-engine Bin
Storage Lighting Std
Custom Cover (Black)
Bimini Top (Black) Opt
Removable Carpet
Plug n' Play Ballast
Auto-set Wedge
Cruise Control
FatAX Wakeboard Tower
Stereo Transom Remote

ALL STEREO STUFF WAS STOLEN OUT OF BOAT IS WHY I DROPPED PRICE AN ADDITIONAL 5k THE BOAT STILL HAS THE HEAD UNIT AND TWO SPEAKERS. CAN GET YOU ALL STOCK SPEAKERS BACK IN FOR 1k. DOES NOT EFFECT BOAT AT ALL

ALL BLACK BOAT NOW THE RIMS ON MY TRAILER ARE LITTLE DIFFERENT THAN MAIN PHOTO

SO SOMETHING MORE LIKE THIS THE BOAT IS NOT A CLUB BOAT JUST 4 LOCAL RIDERS CAME TOGETHER AND MADE WEBSITE AND SO ON TO COLLECT SPONSOR SUPPORT WROKED VERY WELL> I WILL LEAVE THAT SPEAKERS ARE NOT IN BOAT TILL REPLACED WHICH WILL BE AFTER THANKSGIVING AND PRICE WILL GO BACK UP 2k THE REASON I HAVENT JUST WENT OUT AND BOUGHT MORE SPEAKERS CAUSE AMPS WERE STOLEN ALSO BUT MOST PEOPLE KNOW IF THEY GO TO THERE LOCAL AUDIO SHOP WITH 2k TO GET AUDIO INSTALLED CAN GET ONE HELL OF A SYSTEM
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-15-2011, 9:02 AM Reply   
4000 is not that much?, but thats what Axis needs to produce a good wake LOL.

Also it is not boat selling season

The stereo was stolen, another minus for your sale. Interior could be damaged now

400 hours with 4000 could probably equate to 1500 hours on a tranny and motor.

This is not the place to advertise a boat for sale with 4000 lbs run it.

If you had any sense at all when you sell a boat you never mention how much weight you run it. Duh?!?!

You just better get off this site completely, and take your boat to your dealer and leave it on consignment.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-15-2011, 9:03 AM Reply   
Looks better, but don't mention the different trailer rims and get new pictures of the boat the way it actually sits. Get at least one from each side, one from teh back that shows the prop/swim step/transom, another from teh back that show the entire boat(transome, trailer, tower), one from teh swimstep or a deck looking down into the interior, one from the bow looking back at the interior, one of the dash and maybe a couple of it sitting in the water(not slammed).

Like others have said you might be better off just pulling any adds and waiting till Jan 1st. Then you can get the boat fully detailed(at least the scuffs from the bow removed), get the speakers in and get new pictures of the way the boat sits today(current rims, stereo, no wrap). you should be able to list the boat for 37.5 and should get close to that even with the hours.

Here is what my add would look like:

2010 Axis A22 Wakeboard Boat Well Below NADA(I am assuming it is well below NADA)

Length: 22'
Beam: 100"
Weight: 3600 lbs
capacity: 15 persons
Fuel: 48 gallons
Indmar/Axis AR335 MPI with 450 hours
All black Gel Coat
High Altitude Propeller
Flush Kit
Dual Batteries w/ Isolator Switch
Chillax Seating
Above-engine Bin
Storage Lighting
Custom Cover (Black)
Bimini Top (Black)
Removable Carpet
Plug n' Play Ballast
Auto-set Wedge
Cruise Control
FatAX Wakeboard Tower
Stereo Transom Remote
Tower prewired for speakers(clean up the wires so it doesn't look like they were stolen)
MTX speakers and amp(I know it sucks to shell out the money for stereo gear but I am assuming you can get 4 MTX speakers and amp for $500-750 and you won't scare people away with the idea that stuff wsa stolen)

This boat has been used only in fresh water(Assuming it has). Regular maintanance performed every 50 hours by dealer(assuming it has) with records available. Boat hull and interior just professionally detailed(get this done even if you have to drop $250 or so). Please email or call for better quality pictures. Boat is located in Deland Florida and ready for viewing and test drives.

Asking $35,000(raise this to 37,500 if you wait until January)

Put this with the new pictures and stereo on Craigslist, onlyinboards, wakeworld, boat trader.

Last edited by polarbill; 11-15-2011 at 9:10 AM.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-15-2011, 9:05 AM Reply   
http://www.chicksdigflips.com/p/about-club.html
Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-15-2011, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot View Post
4000 is not that much?, but thats what Axis needs to produce a good wake LOL.

Also it is not boat selling season

The stereo was stolen, another minus for your sale. Interior could be damaged now

400 hours with 4000 could probably equate to 1500 hours on a tranny and motor.

This is not the place to advertise a boat for sale with 4000 lbs run it.

If you had any sense at all when you sell a boat you never mention how much weight you run it. Duh?!?!

You just better get off this site completely, and take your boat to your dealer and leave it on consignment.
I KNOW IT NOT BOAT SELLING SEASON BUT PEOPLE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT AN 2010 FOR 33k

YOUR 4000 pounds equation = no truth at all
next there was no reference to how much weight was ran in the ad to sell the boat just on our website which 4000 pounds is still less strain than weight and wedge
The stereo was stolen, another minus for your sale. Interior could be damaged now=== WELL I THINK I WOULD STATE IF ANYTHING HAPPEN TO INTERIOR NOT RELEVANT THAT ONE THING WAS STOLE MEANS SOMETHING HAPPENED TO SOMETHING ELSE,,,, AND YES THAT IT DOESNT COME WITH STEREO IS A MINUS BUT THAT WHY IT SO CHEAP DUHHH?!?!
Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-15-2011, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Looks better, but don't mention the different trailer rims and get new pictures of the boat the way it actually sits. Get at least one from each side, one from teh back that shows the prop/swim step/transom, another from teh back that show the entire boat(transome, trailer, tower), one from teh swimstep or a deck looking down into the interior, one from the bow looking back at the interior, one of the dash and maybe a couple of it sitting in the water(not slammed).

Like others have said you might be better off just pulling any adds and waiting till Jan 1st. Then you can get the boat fully detailed(at least the scuffs from the bow removed), get the speakers in and get new pictures of the way the boat sits today(current rims, stereo, no wrap). you should be able to list the boat for 37.5 and should get close to that even with the hours.

Here is what my add would look like:

2010 Axis A22 Wakeboard Boat Well Below NADA(I am assuming it is well below NADA)

Length: 22'
Beam: 100"
Weight: 3600 lbs
capacity: 15 persons
Fuel: 48 gallons
Indmar/Axis AR335 MPI with 450 hours
All black Gel Coat
High Altitude Propeller
Flush Kit
Dual Batteries w/ Isolator Switch
Chillax Seating
Above-engine Bin
Storage Lighting
Custom Cover (Black)
Bimini Top (Black)
Removable Carpet
Plug n' Play Ballast
Auto-set Wedge
Cruise Control
FatAX Wakeboard Tower
Stereo Transom Remote
Tower prewired for speakers(clean up the wires so it doesn't look like they were stolen)
MTX speakers and amp(I know it sucks to shell out the money for stereo gear but I am assuming you can get 4 MTX speakers and amp for $500-750 and you won't scare people away with the idea that stuff wsa stolen)

This boat has been used only in fresh water(Assuming it has). Regular maintanance performed every 50 hours by dealer(assuming it has) with records available. Boat hull and interior just professionally detailed(get this done even if you have to drop $250 or so). Please email or call for better quality pictures. Boat is located in Deland Florida and ready for viewing and test drives.

Asking $35,000(raise this to 37,500 if you wait until January)

Put this with the new pictures and stereo on Craigslist, onlyinboards, wakeworld, boat trader.
I Know i could wait and sell for more but my new boat waiting and since we are getting ready to sign a boat contract I just need to unload this boat asap I'm not worried about the lose on this boat because of the gain on my next boat. If it was me I would rather save couple thousand without a stereo and put something better in than getting boat with stock MTX stuff
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-15-2011, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicksdigflips View Post
I KNOW IT NOT BOAT SELLING SEASON BUT PEOPLE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT AN 2010 FOR 33k

YOUR 4000 pounds equation = no truth at all
next there was no reference to how much weight was ran in the ad to sell the boat just on our website which 4000 pounds is still less strain than weight and wedge
The stereo was stolen, another minus for your sale. Interior could be damaged now=== WELL I THINK I WOULD STATE IF ANYTHING HAPPEN TO INTERIOR NOT RELEVANT THAT ONE THING WAS STOLE MEANS SOMETHING HAPPENED TO SOMETHING ELSE,,,, AND YES THAT IT DOESNT COME WITH STEREO IS A MINUS BUT THAT WHY IT SO CHEAP DUHHH?!?!
Cody, it is all perception. You don't have to convince us. You have to convince the average buyer. The chances are the buyer isn't going to be a hardcore wakeboarder that knows the ins and outs of wakeboard boats. It is more likely that it is going to be a family with kids. The perception when you say you used a bunch of ballast(I know you didn't in the latest edition of your add) and that the stereo was stolen is that the boat wasn't taken care of. Whether is is true or not that is what a lot of people are going to think. I wouldn't even put a link in your add to your website. It is going to give the perception that it is a club/pro boat that was ridden hard and put away wet.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-15-2011, 9:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
I Know i could wait and sell for more but my new boat waiting and since we are getting ready to sign a boat contract I just need to unload this boat asap I'm not worried about the lose on this boat because of the gain on my next boat. If it was me I would rather save couple thousand without a stereo and put something better in than getting boat with stock MTX stuff
Either put a bunch of nice stereo equipment in and charge more(you aren't going to see near the return on investment as buying cheaper stuff) or put in the stock stuff like I suggested. Flat out having empty holes is a turn off. What you like might not be what most people like. Hell, a lot of people hear the words tower speakers, sub and amp and could care less or have any idea what brand it is.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-15-2011, 9:24 AM Reply   
During Fall people get real anxious about selling sometimes. And drop the price way too much way too fast. Prime time for you may be to wait until it is boat show season in like two months, then list it. If you are that desperate, take it to the boat show and park it outside with a for sale sign on it. Since it is almost half price of a new one, and it is only is 2 years old. Talk about depreciation WOW! Good luck with your sale!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-15-2011, 9:27 AM Reply   
are you more interested in potentially selling it on here than actually asking for advice/opinions on why it's not selling? Seems so.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-15-2011, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
are you more interested in potentially selling it on here than actually asking for advice/opinions on why it's not selling? Seems so.
haha, he is working the system pretty good if that is it. Basically a free add other then we all know that he has had a ton of weight in it and the stereo has been stolen.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-15-2011, 9:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
ALL STEREO STUFF WAS STOLEN OUT OF BOAT IS WHY I DROPPED PRICE AN ADDITIONAL 5k THE BOAT STILL HAS THE HEAD UNIT AND TWO SPEAKERS. CAN GET YOU ALL STOCK SPEAKERS BACK IN FOR 1k. DOES NOT EFFECT BOAT AT ALL
THERE IS NEGATIVE VALUE IN THE ABOVE TEXT.

Why mention that the stereo equipment was stolen? That also make buyers concerned that the boat will be in a half state of repair as well.
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-15-2011, 10:42 AM Reply   
Here's the deal...... We all love our boats andthink each is a gem. While it is a 2010 this particular boat shows signs of wear most 10 yr old boats don't show. The amount of hours are excessive, the hull shows nasty signs of neglect. It's basically a promo boat whether you own it outright or not. You advertise it on your club site and from what one can reasearch you teach n offer people pulls on regular basis. You have a custom sponsor wrap and its plain and simple. All of this also leads to the fact you probably got a sweet deal on it originally.

Axis is not a proven brand. Your average Axis customer for a brand new Axis wakeboat is at the dealership because they are trying to decide if dropping 35-40k on a used top 3 is better than buying a brand new stripped down boat with a warranty that is spotless and well again brand new.

You boat is far from mint period. Just the plain facts. It's missing the stereo gear for crying out loud. While anyone in their right mind knows you can get a killer stereo for a fraction of what they charge at the factory the people interested in your boat see not the one looking for a boat with high end gear in it or wanting to drop the coin for high end gear. Axis is a budget boat brand new with no reputation. So its not going to be a top seller.

Lose the wrap, put the stereo in, detail it, and drop the price another 4-5k. The simple fact is you have an abused, hard driven Axis. Not a ton of market for that. Anyone could find a mint big 3 boat for same price.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-15-2011, 11:05 AM Reply   
4k in ballast is a lot of weight. And I run around 3 in my X Star. It was rode hard and rode frequently period. Also moat thieves don't take their time a remove everything. Being one who deals with this regularly and his having my gear gangstared the ripped n sawed everything out leaving damage. It's just a simple fact. 80% of stolen stuff is ripped out in minimal time with next to zero care.

Last edited by xstarrider; 11-15-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-15-2011, 11:08 AM Reply   
CAPSLOCK.
Like others have said a lot of your description should be left out .... no need for it and its only hurting your sale.

Also do not say:
Quote:
DROPPED PRICE OVER 5k NEED TO SELL FOR NEW BOAT ASAP
(this next part would be my logic if I was shopping for a boat in that price range)
...No one in the history of the world is that desperate to get a new boat unless they HATE their current one. If this Axis is so awesome why so needy to sell it?! Also if you're dropping price that hard people are going to low-ball the **** out of you. I would be concerned with your "NEED" to sell the thing, like something is fishy.

... create an ad minus the coffee, capslock, and excitment... make it simple, with good info (not too much), and lots of good photos.... post to lots of craigslist pages, onlyinboards, boat trader, and maybe ebay.... and be patient.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-15-2011, 11:13 AM Reply   
.... also going to your "club" site and seeing an ad for Epic Wakeboats makes me think Epic > Axis
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-15-2011, 11:37 AM Reply   
+1 for your ad having too much info

"Axis A 22 , many options, very enjoyable boat, contact for more details"

The person who recently bought my boat coulda cared less about half the stuff I thought was important.
Old     (iliketowakealot)      Join Date: May 2011       11-15-2011, 11:58 AM Reply   
450 hours in a year is pretty darn good! If it was run in saltwater/brackish and didnt have a freshwater cooling system, hopefully you guys were passionate about keeping it clean and properly rinsing the engine after each use. Also, hopefully you guys were johnny-on-the-spot with preventative maintenance, ie oil changes, transmission oil changes, impellers, etc. If so, thats also a good selling point and would need to educate someone that in the bigger picture, 450 hours is nothing.

Ive got a 2006 SS X2 with 1000 hours I plan to sell next year which has been primarily in saltwater. The engine is sound and maintained well so hopefully all will work out. Mastercrafts closed box trailer has taken a beating over the 5 years...fortunately I can replace the axles and it could take on another 5 years.

Good luck selling!!!
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-15-2011, 4:43 PM Reply   
i think the hardest part of selling a wakeboat is that most people who want a wakeboat, v drive etc etc can aford one. They have the money to do what they want when they want and there is very little pressure or need unless they are really looking for a deal. TRADE IT IN, if you are is a major rush to move it, see what your dealer will do for you. If he does not want it. most others will not either.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       11-15-2011, 5:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
i think the hardest part of selling a wakeboat is that most people who want a wakeboat, v drive etc etc can aford one. They have the money to do what they want when they want and there is very little pressure or need unless they are really looking for a deal. TRADE IT IN, if you are is a major rush to move it, see what your dealer will do for you. If he does not want it. most others will not either.
really? i would almost say the exact opposite. it seems like most of the wakeboarding crowd is relatively young and into partying, not saying that everyone is but a lot are. With the prices that manufacturers are selling these boats out now I don't see how anyone can afford to buy one new. Boats cost more than houses.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-15-2011, 5:27 PM Reply   
if they are young, 15 to 25,, most are not paying for them, someone else is, and most wakeboats are sold to those who will never wake board, ski, even tube. It has become very trendy. I am 36, have had 3 v drives, all new, at our lake 90 % of the wakeboats have no board racks, they are either young guys who have folks that own a house on the lake or families that really like the layout and have kids who want to participate in skiing, etc etc. and because malibu is popular at our lake they have one too. Its ok, I really don't care, as long as they are happy, i am happy, I am not judging anyone. I bought a malibu vlx for my first boat, thats what everyone had and i liked the way they look. lol it was a great boat, i now have a 09 centurion enzo and just ordered an new 244 this sunday. btw i dont have a house on the lake (wish i did) but what i am trying to say, is that it is not a demand related product. No one needs it, they either want it, or have to feel the timing is totally in there favor to get it. There are so many boats in the market and you can get a deal on just about any boat anywhere. So,, the group that would be really interesting in that particular boat would be (as dave said)15 to 25 or totally interested in the function of the axis and not as financially comfortable to have as many choices.
Old     (ProvoMB52)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-16-2011, 1:21 PM Reply   
I think everyone here has pretty much summed up my thoughts. Trying to escape out from under a boat because you have one on order, or are at delivery, your anxiety shows through in your posts. That's not a good thing.

I also agree with others here. Spend a little time, and money, and get the boat looking like one you would want to buy yourself. If your were in the market, and saw your boat, in the condition it's in, with the problems you have described (stolen equip, etc), you likely would steer well clear of that boat, even IF it was so cheap. That's another things also. Sometimes too cheap, spells real problems.

It's probably not going to go away as quickly as you need it to, but you can improve the odds by following the good advice offered from the others on this thread.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       11-16-2011, 3:37 PM Reply   
It is definitely your ad causing this issue. My friend just sold her 09 Axis A22 which was pretty bare bones (no PnP or swivel seat) for 38k. Hell she only paid 43k for the thing had it 2 summers and sold it for 38k. We have a 2010 with 250 hours and have been offered over 10k more for our boat than you have yours listed for. So yeah it is definitely your ad causing this issue coupled with the time of year.
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-17-2011, 9:29 AM Reply   
I agree with what others have posted. I looked at the initial ad, and it basically told me to steer clear of this boat. The three things that made me feel this way were that the ad seemed desperate to convince me that this was a good deal despite the issues, there was a laundry list of features ordered with the boat rather that information about use and condition of the boat, and there were no up to date pictures. I've had my best luck selling cars and boats when my ad contains only a few sentances about the item, and some very nice, current pictures of the vehicle in the condition it will be in when a buyer comes to look at it.

Regardless of your feelings about the stereo (and any other maintenance that has not been done), most buyers do NOT want to spend their time and money adding things to their new purchase. At a minimum, make sure that all empty holes have speakers in them, and that those speakers produce sound. That <$500 investment will definately not only greatly increase your potential buyer pool, but will also reduce the amount of points that a buyer will try to negotiate on.

I've seen a few '10's sell in the lower 40's, so I would think that if you follow the advice given here, you will probably make a sale.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-17-2011, 10:16 AM Reply   
Others have said it already and well said at that. Your slideshow shows one thing, the wrap, which will turn off most people. There's absolutely no pictures of the interior, storage or anything else that would impress a potential buyer or even cause them to consider it.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-17-2011, 10:34 AM Reply   
Be interesting to see if th OP listened and did our suggestions. Not that it affects me at all but I want to see a good looking add, with correct info and good pictures.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-17-2011, 10:36 AM Reply   
Well, it is better. Still could be improved on with better pictures, no caps lock, the stereo in there and a couple other things.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-17-2011, 10:44 AM Reply   
Onlyinboards ad
http://onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=30981

craigslist ad
http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/2703321999.html

Kody, please get rid of the caps. They don't help.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-17-2011, 10:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
So you're already expecting to "gain" money on your soon-to-be boat? You can't sell this one, what makes that a realistic expectation at all?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-17-2011, 10:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
So you're already expecting to "gain" money on your soon-to-be boat? You can't sell this one, what makes that a realistic expectation at all?
Especially when the boat he is going to get is an Epic. no offense to epic but they aren't mainstream at all and are going to be really hard to sell, especially in the offseason.
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-17-2011, 11:31 AM Reply   
Ads don't look too bad now.

Like Brett said, get rid of the caps. When I see an ad on craigslist with caps, especially with a lower than expected price and explainations of why the price is low, I automatically think "SCAM". As far as the stereo is concerned, if you are dead set against taking care of that, I think that you simply indicate that it comes without speakers and amplifiers. You can explain to callers that it was stolen, you have lowered the price to reflect it, and offer to work out something if it would be a deal breaker.

Also, you probably want to retake that second picture (interior with the towel in it). Remove the towel from the picture and clean that black spot off the seat. Online, it looks like a hole or cigarette burn.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-17-2011, 11:45 AM Reply   
"ALL STEREO STUFF WAS STOLEN OUT OF BOAT"

This is just stupid. Sell what you have. Be positive. Lose the caps.
Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-17-2011, 12:51 PM Reply   
Boat sold

first person that came to look at it bought it

new boat pic will be up soon

hello 2012
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-17-2011, 1:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Boat sold

first person that came to look at it bought it

new boat pic will be up soon

hello 2012
Do we get a commision for helping you sell it?
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-17-2011, 1:38 PM Reply   
And this came at a gain?
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-18-2011, 10:11 AM Reply   
What did you sell it for? 33k?
Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       11-22-2011, 5:53 AM Reply   
sold for $33750
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-22-2011, 9:02 AM Reply   
Someone got a smoking deal if the boat was in decent shape.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       11-23-2011, 1:01 PM Reply   
It was in great shape, just had some missing stereo parts and high hours for "on the average" but really not that high considering he had it for 2 seasons and Florida is year round, a sitting still boat can have more prolems IMO vs one that is used and well taken care of. On another note, a flush kit that you can hook a hose to and run / warm is a great thing to have vs having to crawl under with the fake a lake plunger looking thing, just because a boat has a flush kit does not mean it has been in salt, and this boat never was. I will never have a boat without a flush pro kit.